• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dyno Results POL 800 CFI - BMP High ALt 860 Durability VS Durability

joey@bmp

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2010
Oak Park Heights, MN
www.facebook.com
2013POL860_zps7bb36a0f.jpg

Last edited:
H
Feb 8, 2008
I'm love seeing dyno results but this is very hard to believe. Please give us all the details on what was on the sled and what other changes were done to get this.

R

Rev Kev

Nov 27, 2007
Lapeer Michigan
Bikeman has a Superflo 902 Dyno, Not sure of their altitude, but I would guess no more than 1500 ft for St Croix Wisconsin.

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
Compare this to PAR's 910 billet with twin pipes that makes less HP. I don't believe this for a second. I would like to see BMP's kit on the same dyno as PAR's. They wouldn't stand a chance.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
somebody is 10 points optimistic :gossip::face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-ton

haha the cylinder is made of Unobtainium
i believe i'm an arshole sorry

joey@bmp

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2010
Oak Park Heights, MN
www.facebook.com
Yes thank you for your inquiry. Our Dyno is a Superflow 902 and is extremely accurate. It measures actual torque then convert to a HP number. Same Dyno as Dynotech Reasearch uses out in NY, our numbers compare almost identical to theirs. I am the dyno technician and I pay close attention to detail. Our runs are only vary less than 1% in day to day extremes with the correction in place. I can not speak for the HP of competitors but I assure you that if you speak to a customer with one of our kits they will back up our numbers. Twin pipe 860 should have the potential to have higher peak numbers but will usually not make the same Torque numbers. The 2013 Polaris ECU starts detuning timing at higher RPM so that may have been some of their issue?????

Our elevation is about 800 feet above sea level.

Lets do some math
1. 860 is 1.075 times bigger than a 800

2. an 800 with a BMP durability kit and Low Alt Head makes 160 HP
160 times 1.075 is 172 so with the stock port timing this would be a expected number.

3. Now add Porting, Pipe, Higher Compression head and V-Force3 Reeds and now 184 is a REAL achievable number.

Please keep your mind open to facts.

I prefer to keep releasing our Dyno charts to the public rather than just saying we make more power or giving peak numbers.

Like I have always said I am more than happy to answer any question. I will try to keep up on the post.

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
Joey, this dyno chart shows the 800 with durability kit coming in at 155, but you state it makes 160. Which is it?

H
Feb 8, 2008
Your thread title says "high altitude" I'm assuming this means you ran your high compression head for this test? What fuel was used for this dyno run? You have no hp numbers listed on your site for your head or your durability kit but if I put them together they magically make 160hp? You also mention the use of a fuel controller with your head and that will give you 5hp. Just want to make sure I'm understanding everything before I get all "hostile"!!!!

joey@bmp

Premium Member
Nov 20, 2010
Oak Park Heights, MN
www.facebook.com
Joey, this dyno chart shows the 800 with durability kit coming in at 155, but you state it makes 160. Which is it?

Your thread title says "high altitude" I'm assuming this means you ran your high compression head for this test? What fuel was used for this dyno run? You have no hp numbers listed on your site for your head or your durability kit but if I put them together they magically make 160hp? You also mention the use of a fuel controller with your head and that will give you 5hp. Just want to make sure I'm understanding everything before I get all "hostile"!!!!

No need to get hostile, Hostile.

POL800durabilitykitwithhead_zps45c19467.jpg

I had posted this on a earlier thread, sorry no magic

98 octane was used for this test to run the high altitude head at low elevation this is commonly done to test safely at low elevation.

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
Thanks for clearing it up. I was thinking the durability kit came with the head, didn't realize it was an add on. If the dyno run was done with the high altitude set up and high octane I'd be curious to see what the low altitude head makes for you guys on pump if you have dynoed it yet.

P

pj8556

Jan 11, 2008
God's country
has anyone run this durability kit w/ a aftermarket pipe (or by itself) I'd like to hear how it works, and how it compares to RKT drop in kit w/ head. I know bikemans head and pipe work awesome on the Pro. I was close to ordering a RKT drop in kit w/ head but I am intrigued by this bikeman kit....

I'll be running it on '13 Pro w/ PCV and SLP single

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
Yes thank you for your inquiry. Our Dyno is a Superflow 902 and is extremely accurate. It measures actual torque then convert to a HP number. Same Dyno as Dynotech Reasearch uses out in NY, our numbers compare almost identical to theirs. I am the dyno technician and I pay close attention to detail. Our runs are only vary less than 1% in day to day extremes with the correction in place. I can not speak for the HP of competitors but I assure you that if you speak to a customer with one of our kits they will back up our numbers. Twin pipe 860 should have the potential to have higher peak numbers but will usually not make the same Torque numbers. The 2013 Polaris ECU starts detuning timing at higher RPM so that may have been some of their issue?????

Our elevation is about 800 feet above sea level.

Lets do some math
1. 860 is 1.075 times bigger than a 800

2. an 800 with a BMP durability kit and Low Alt Head makes 160 HP
160 times 1.075 is 172 so with the stock port timing this would be a expected number.

3. Now add Porting, Pipe, Higher Compression head and V-Force3 Reeds and now 184 is a REAL achievable number.

Please keep your mind open to facts.

I prefer to keep releasing our Dyno charts to the public rather than just saying we make more power or giving peak numbers.

Like I have always said I am more than happy to answer any question. I will try to keep up on the post.

Joey, I think you must mean a 860 is .175 bigger then a 800.

1.075 I think anti freeze might be running out the sides.

Last edited:
R

Reddragon800

Feb 26, 2013
860 Divided by 800 = 1.075.
Or 60 Divided by 800 = 0.075

Come on Dan!! You should be able to get that right!!

R

Reddragon800

Feb 26, 2013
There have been several guys up here with the 910 motors. They were dyno'd up here in Canada and they made no power!!! I know a few guys that put the stock motors back in there Pro's. I have yet to see the Bikeman Kit, but anything will be better then that PAR 910!!!

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Joey, I think you must mean a 860 is .175 bigger then a 800.

1.075 I think anti freeze might be running out the sides.

Why did you edit your original post that said "If you were working with god you couldn't make 184hp out of a Polaris small block and high dyno #s were a great way to sell products"?

Been kinda slow on here might as well liven **** up.

Last edited:
Premium Features