• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MBMS/BLIJAS 2014 M8000 162" Sno Pro 1st Build

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Nice work! This sled can be called a mini Pro Lite :D Got the looks, just not all the parts :) That is what I want to do, just minus the engine mod, since stock is more than enough for me riding at sea level.

BTW, how is the BDX hood install? Quick job or a PTA?

Thank you. The hood is easy.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Number 2

We finished number 2 tonight.A big thanks to Mark, Matt and the crew at Holz Racing Products for letting us use their scales. We wanted to be somewhere in the 425-430 dry weight and it is right there. The sled is ready to ride with the exception of fuel. Coolant, chain lube, shock oil, and brake fluid is about 10-12lbs. Also we have a 2013 SLP exhaust system on it until the newest system comes in. The muffler will be about 1.8 lbs lighter. We will weigh a stock sled tomorrow.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Stock 2014 M8 162" SP

I weighed this stock uncrated M8 162" SP this morning. Not sure why the L.R is showing 4lbs since we did not use that pad at all. I zeroed the scale last night and this morning. Also interesting is all the weight loss is shown on the rear pad??? madmax weighed a stock 2014 M8 153" SP out of the crate at 481 and Cat says the 162" is 5lbs heavier so I believe 486 would be spot on. Anyway we are about 46-48 lbs less when we get our updated mufflers.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
what are these updated mufflers you speak of? are they compatible with the slp pipes?

The newest mufflers SLP is producing both in their single systems and stand alone silencer for F4 chassis cat 800s are being manufactured with a new process making them lighter. It is a running change and while they are using new part numbers, I believe the old part numbers will be discontinued.

Thanks,
Woody

S
Feb 12, 2012
Pro climb build

Thanks for sharing the detailed steps and photos for your build. I have a 2012 HCR 800 and have started a similar build. I felt the sled was heavy and I did not like how it handled. Almost switched to a Summit but decided to try and make the Cat work. My question is am I wasting my money on the 2012 trying to update it to compare with a lightened '14? Thanks.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Woody unless you level all 3 scales you can only look at the total weight. Just a hair out of level throws every thing off. That is why on cars you put the scales in a leveling platform. See if the scale will work with the 4th scale unplugged or zero it to negative 4lbs. If is shows any weight it is adding it too the total. Looks like you are about 10lbs heavier than a 163 Pro which I have seen several times at 432 "dry". Just to be a pain could you top it off with fuel and weigh it at some point? I think your build for me is going to be in the 415 range apples to apples. Goal was 475-485 RTR on mine.

Last edited:
N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
Are any of the guys going with a different front bumper? Everything looks great but the stock bumper. My experience with that bumper led me to look at the aftermarket, just sayin.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Are any of the guys going with a different front bumper? Everything looks great but the stock bumper. My experience with that bumper led me to look at the aftermarket, just sayin.

2014 bumper is a little different

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
The newest mufflers SLP is producing both in their single systems and stand alone silencer for F4 chassis cat 800s are being manufactured with a new process making them lighter. It is a running change and while they are using new part numbers, I believe the old part numbers will be discontinued.

Thanks,
Woody

do you know why they would have 2 different part numbers for 12-13 and '14? they have the '14 listed as 1.8 lbs lighter than the 12-13 version. why wouldn't the '14 fit on earlier sleds? i know the belly pan was changed on the '13s from 12, so the 12-13 pipes should actually be different like the HPS ones....
thanks

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Woody unless you level all 3 scales you can only look at the total weight. Just a hair out of level throws every thing off. That is why on cars you put the scales in a leveling platform. See if the scale will work with the 4th scale unplugged or zero it to negative 4lbs. If is shows any weight it is adding it too the total. Looks like you are about 10lbs heavier than a 163 Pro which I have seen several times at 432 "dry". Just to be a pain could you top it off with fuel and weigh it at some point? I think your build for me is going to be in the 415 range apples to apples. Goal was 475-485 RTR on mine.

The 4th pad is not hooked up. It showed 0 on mine the night before that is why I did not understand why it showed anything the next day. I subtracted the 4 lbs for 488 instead of the 491. So the total weight is correct on both and that is really all we needed to know. Those scales are super sensitive we set a small bottle of chain lube on the back and it registered lol. Thanks for the info about how the scales work. As for the dry weight when we get the latest version of the muffler it should be just about the same "dry" weight as a Pro RMK 163" which is claimed at 424. The sled right now weighs 442 and has 15lbs of fluids in it. So dry it is right at 427. Every out of crate non electric start Pro Climb I have seen weighed shows right at 15-16lbs heavier than Arctic Cats claimed dry weight...and appears to be very accurate.

Last edited:
Premium Features