• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Helmet for 509 Aviator Goggles

odiermk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2010
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
What's the best helmet for the Aviators? Should I go with the 509 Helmet or has anyone found a better fit with the aviators. Doesnt fit the best with AFX helmet, any input appreciated.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
The best helmet is obviously a 509 as they are built to accept the aviators. Although there are a lot of other optioins out there that work well. What size helmet are you purchasing? Some of the Smalls and Mediums do not like that larger framed goggle that well, but we have been super successful in pairing the new Motorfist Helmet and almost any FLY Racing Helmet with the aviators this year. Do you have a price range or style that you are trying to stay within? How about a safety rating? ECE, DOT, or Snell? Let us know we would be happy to help set you up with what works best that we have seen.

HELMETS OFFERED BY BLOWN MOTOR

www.BLOWNMOTOR.com

odiermk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2010
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
helmet I am currently wearing is a medium AFX, I have a small head. Like to be under 200, but also want good fit. Not brand specific and I am always very warm riding! very rarely will you see me with my coat on

Last edited:

Quinlan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
ND
I rock a XL 509 helmet and found the Aviators to be an awesome fit, possibly better than the Sinisters. I think both are a rock solid goggle.

northof40

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Saskatchewan
What's the best helmet for the Aviators? Should I go with the 509 Helmet or has anyone found a better fit with the aviators. Doesnt fit the best with AFX helmet, any input appreciated.

Just a heads up the 509 evolution helmets are AFX helmets so I wouldnt switch if I were you, although they might be a different model then yours... if thats the case disregard that!

I cant comment on the aviators really as I dont have enough time on them. I've been using sinisters in my HJC CL-X6 with a breath box and the fit is perfect. I've only used the aviators a couple times and they seem fit pretty good.

Blown Motor

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2012
They work great with my Motorfist Dominator.

During prototype testing last year we used aviators with the Motorfist helmet and they worked amazing!! The MF helmet has a wide face opening that they nestle right into!!

Premium Features