• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Excessive oil use???

S
Feb 24, 2009
I just installed new factory Skidoo pistons, and started off running mineral based injex oil to break in , I normally run Amsoil synthetic.The problem I am having is my sled is drinking the oil, I have put on 35 miles, and been through about 3 quarts , I have oil running out of the y pipe, and at the seal of the silencer, have checked to make sure that the injector cable is not bound up, or broke, and all is ok. Is it normal for injex to burn that fast, or do I have another problem?

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Had to imagine it even runs using that much oil. :face-icon-small-sho

Guessing you need to start over, adjust the oil pump to OEM spec and see where the usage is.

Look for the simple solution first.......just saying.

:yo:

D
Dec 11, 2008
Livingston MT
are you sure your oil cable isnt broken right where it is at the oil pump? i didnt think you could see if it was broken with all the crap in the way. sounds like your pump is stuck wide open from the cable breaking.

S
Feb 24, 2009
I have removed the secondary shaft(thats a good idea), and the airbox, and can see the lever for the oil pump moving with the throttle, so I know it is not broken...

S
Feb 24, 2009
Found the problem, injector cable had pulled out of the adjuster, and would not allow pump to fully shut off, problem solved.
Thank you for all the advice...

Premium Features