• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 PRO LITE BY BLACK DIAMOND EXTREME

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Seen it today in person. The sled looks great and it feels very light. Thanks to everybody at BDX that answered all our questions.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
As said before I would like to see it on a scale. And what have you done for the belt eating issue? I asked you at haydays but you avoided the question by telling me how it was clutched perfect for the BB at 6' to 9'K.

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
As said before I would like to see it on a scale. And what have you done for the belt eating issue? I asked you at haydays but you avoided the question by telling me how it was clutched perfect for the BB at 6' to 9'K.

Rumor is the '13 has new clutches, same but refined. I guess we will find out but like the BKM kit, I'll wait for proof before I would believe them if they told me.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO

You do understand they aren't building this sled from scratch... right???

They didn't build the clutches... they just clutched it for the motor. They didn't build the sled... they just took weight off of it.

To an extent you're asking questions about the sled itself...and they have nothing to do with that. The starting weight is what cat published, and the clutches & TCL are what cat built. Hopefully the 2013 doesn't have belt issues... but I don't believe that until I see it.

You're getting a sled that's lighter than stock, and has more power than stock, and issues the sled itself has, are still the sled's issues. Being though, that you're getting a warranty from them, I'd hope that they'd work to make sure that the sled as a whole works well & is issue free. (not that the cat warranty did ANYTHING for someone with belt issues.)

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
You do understand they aren't building this sled from scratch... right???

They didn't build the clutches... they just clutched it for the motor. They didn't build the sled... they just took weight off of it.

To an extent you're asking questions about the sled itself...and they have nothing to do with that. The starting weight is what cat published, and the clutches & TCL are what cat built. Hopefully the 2013 doesn't have belt issues... but I don't believe that until I see it.

You're getting a sled that's lighter than stock, and has more power than stock, and issues the sled itself has, are still the sled's issues. Being though, that you're getting a warranty from them, I'd hope that they'd work to make sure that the sled as a whole works well & is issue free. (not that the cat warranty did ANYTHING for someone with belt issues.)

I think all my questions are valid for a sled that costs almost $17 grand... It looks awesome and its definitely lighter but what does it weigh? And yes hopefully the 13s dont have belt issues but do they have it fixed? and if so what fixed it? And btw they are not providing the warranty a second party is. (BDX assured me that the warranty provider is top notch)

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I think all my questions are valid for a sled that costs almost $17 grand... It looks awesome and its definitely lighter but what does it weigh? And yes hopefully the 13s dont have belt issues but do they have it fixed? and if so what fixed it? And btw they are not providing the warranty a second party is. (BDX assured me that the warranty provider is top notch)

Splitting hairs, and missing the point... they're providing an aftermarket warranty... just like cat provides cat care, and poo provides their aftermarket warranty after 1 year.

What it weighs would depend on what the 494 (holy SH** btw) figure is based off of. I'm assuming that's crate weight? There's no way the dry weight of the 2013 is SEVENTY SEVEN pounds heavier than the pro... I sure hope.:face-icon-small-dis

As for the belt issue... like I said, you're asking a question about the sled itself... check out one of the 20 threads about the belt problems being fixed, and decide for yourself. I don't think it is, but that's got nothing to do with this sled. they're not claiming some belt fix.. they're claiming light weight & power.

Btw, I don't sell these sleds, and have ZERO to do with them in any way other than selling some BDX parts... just replying based on common sense, not on any kind of inside info or motive I've got.

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
seriously wish I wouldn't have snowchecked a sled this year. This is a great deal. Just for the record that sled would have easily cost $20 grand to build yourself. Big thumbs up!

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
Bcil I think asking about the belt issues is valid. It's basically a factory mod sled that they improved in many areas. I think the running boards increase the functionality of the sled. They don't do much for weight or performance. It looks like they relied on AC to solve the belt issues but for this level of build I think torque stops or better mounts wouldn't have hurt.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
seriously wish I wouldn't have snowchecked a sled this year. This is a great deal. Just for the record that sled would have easily cost $20 grand to build yourself. Big thumbs up!

how much was your snowcheck deposit...500 bucks..??..if i was buying a sled i would kiss the 500 goodbye and get the BDX sled..

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Belt question

I think that is a valid point also. If it still has belt issues what would be the point of more power? That will just make it worse. Something improved over stock would be a great feather in BDX's cap and obviously improve reliability for the customer. I personally would forgo the power upgrade and put that money into a belt drive and some re-engineering for the belt issue.

But we can all have our opinions and until we all build a marketable stock/custom sled to produce, and sell, BDX can build and sell it however they want. Kudos to them for taking on a project of this size, I know that it's a lot of work.

Last edited:

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
Saw it at haydays on saturday and it made me want to buy a Cat!!! Never thought i would say that!!!! :) Great job BDX!!!

Premium Features