• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Are you for it, Pro vs M8-PC, should cat make the changes

would you like to see the changes listed.

• Yes, I would like to see the changes made or at least an option

Votes: 138 87.9%
  • No, I like it how it is

Votes: 19 12.1%

• Total voters

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Just call him whistle.

Cuz I'm sure that's what his shoulder blades sound like when standing up, riding down a trail at 70mph.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
just giving ya a hard time wyo...not meant to insult...we call my female shepard big butt..she weighs about 106 pds....

non taken, lol, just couldn't figure where it came from,

I got a 2 yr malamute (110lbs) that got to big to fast and I don't think he has used a brain cell yet, just instinct (kinda), we call him down dog, (retard) , man he does some stupid chit.

I call it, BDJS, (big dumb jock syndrome).

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
cause you are so damn big..man you have me by almost a foot...could use you when I get stuck for sure....the shepard..she is smart..one of the smartest dogs I have had...
this pic is from when she was about a year and a half old..she would ride the 50 miles each way into my cabin just like this...was great about it except she didnt like jumping..loved running across moose and chit though...
blacktruck049.jpg

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
Well it seems that this thread has calmed down, and taken a 90* turn.
AK and I have something in common as-well. My 96# female knows what I'm gonna do before I do it.
1444827486_b161984de9_z.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
This time it hit me harder than before, very sad, I hope his family and friends can get through it, quick and in good spirits.
He will be missed, but I know he is in a better place, I hope his family knows.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
change is the only constant

cat keeps making better and better sleds.........too heavy tooo porky good suspension its their company signature.

never met a sled I couldn't improve with good setup, reminds me of the story about the guy who would walk all day with a rock in his shoe

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Having some time to read through this thread, i noticed its the same bs as always! Guys getting panties twisted because a guy like wyo boy keeps it real, and 90% of you wieners cant handle the fact that your just not that good of riders, but think your pro on the prairie dog holes you ride back home.. its the truth the PC does have to wide of body panels, and bad skis, its a trail sled with a long track on it.
I understand the frustration WYO, every one thinks they are a PRO, but i think your changes on the arctic cat would put it right at the level of the RMK maybe better since it has better power! To sit and say the cat can hang with the polaris in the steep trees is just plain ignorance, sled for sled, same rider on both, the RMK will prevail every time in the trees!

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Having some time to read through this thread, i noticed its the same bs as always! Guys getting panties twisted because a guy like wyo boy keeps it real, and 90% of you wieners cant handle the fact that your just not that good of riders, but think your pro on the prairie dog holes you ride back home.. its the truth the PC does have to wide of body panels, and bad skis, its a trail sled with a long track on it.
I understand the frustration WYO, every one thinks they are a PRO, but i think your changes on the arctic cat would put it right at the level of the RMK maybe better since it has better power! To sit and say the cat can hang with the polaris in the steep trees is just plain ignorance, sled for sled, same rider on both, the RMK will prevail every time in the trees!

I have done the changes, most of them anyway. huge difference and I need to make a few more to make it easier but its far more capable.

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country

Riding the trees sure seems to be the only criteria that people boast about with the RMK. I'm not knocking it but I sure don't see nor hear how it's better in anything else aside from the trees. As has been said by others before, the Cat can match or beat the Pro in just about any other measure, and still come close to the RMK with good setup in the trees. I am NOT a pro rider but riding an RMK wouldn't make me a better rider, that I know.

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--Comparo--

Climbing --Cat
Trail--Cat
Powder-- relatively even
Boondocking -- relatively even
Steep boondocking -- Polaris

Power -- Cat
Reliability --Cat
Suspension -- Cat
Tuneability--Cat

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
--Comparo--

Climbing --Cat
Trail--Cat
Powder-- relatively even
Boondocking -- relatively even
Steep boondocking -- Polaris

Power -- Cat
Reliability --Cat
Suspension -- Cat
Tuneability--Cat

You would easily think cat with that said, But what happens when you have to make a steep decent the cat wont make but the pro will in a way you can lay it over and sidehill your way around objects and maintain speed. So what good is the cat when you could be looking at.

Insurance claim
injury
pro guys laughing
ruined trip
etc....

kinda takes the 95% of what cat does better and makes that 5% worth 100%.

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--Or just go around another way. -- 95% riders do not ride that stuff anyway and would probably screw it up no matter what they were riding.

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--Yeah, so what is easier/less expensive? Skinny boards and a torque arm or a motor transplant?

Premium Features