• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spy Photo of Turbo Performance Etec

L
Dec 4, 2007
Red Deer, Alberta
as a basic member of snowest I cannot read the things Neil says behind my back.. Neil could easily answer the phone or return the many un answered calls I made to him last yr.

sorry lasko I would LOVE my money back all NM has to do was answer my calls or call me..simple

Lastly Lasko, If you pay for the knowledge I will provide it for you.. Just asnwering on this site is teaching , teaching other kit makers like yourself is pointless ..PAY me or You can also pay for a dynotech subscription and learn all the things I do with PROOF its simple.

Thanks Gus!
Nice coverup, but if you couldnt read what he was typing, then how were you able to know what to type just 4 posts before he responded?

I am one of those old school guys that will test something over and over on my own, to get the info I need. I am still really curious as to what you meant when you said!

" Once you understand that when under boost the carb is no longer a carb in the std sense you will see the entire picture.. "

Explain to me that one statemen Gus and I will see that you are the guru!

If this is the kind of information your selling, I will pass. Statements like this, without backup, make people start thinking and saying things like this!

"So you understand how fuel is pulled from the float bowls by venturi (vacuum) into the throat of the carb N/A. Now think backwards. As boost rises we need to keep fuel pressure above boost pressure. Gravity pressure from the tank and mechanical pulse pump no longer cut it, electric here we come. We are now pressurizing the system (think firehose). Flow rates on the same given jet size of vacuum vs. pressure are different. Under boost you can use smaller jets and flow more fuel threw them.

From my understanding, the person who made this statement got his info from you. If I am wrong, I apologise

I must sorta contradict myself and agree with you. If you do not plumb a carb turbo system correctly, it will make the carbs seem like they are not working the same anymore, but the unit can still be made to run ok.

Like I said before, I know there are many ways to get the same thing done, some good , some not so good. Which would you all prefer, a system that is setup to let your carbs work like carbs, or a system that lets your carbs work like a firehose?

Last edited:

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
Like I said before, I know there are many ways to get the same thing done, some good , some not so good. Which would you all prefer, a system that is setup to let your carbs work like carbs, or a system that lets your carbs work like a firehose?

Lasko, Many people have beef with Gus. That's fine, whatever. He has helped people on here. Some of what works for him in the flatlands doesn't work out here in the mountains. A true tuner can identify that, can you?

When I stated your carbs would work like a "firehose", you completely missed the point! I simply tried to show the difference between vacuum and pressure. We are simply going from low gravity pressure to rising rate pressure. There is still venturi taking place. Maybe I should've explained it a little better...

Last edited:
F
Feb 14, 2011
I usually dont post on here, but i feel I gotta say something in reguards of what Lasko has posted. I am on the same page as him. In his defence, I read what was posted, about the way a carb works under boost. To me this seems wrong. The way I read it, your saying you are using extra fuel pressure to get more fuel through the jets. I admit I know very little about carbs and boost, but I do know that if you try to pressure up the float bowls with fuel, you will have fuel going everywhere. I think what Lasko is saying , more than anything, is he would like to see people think about what they are posting, and try and word it better? Dunno?

H
Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
I agree with Turbo800 on this. Think about a pressure washer you hook the hose up to it but don't start the engine yet. Ya it moves a little water through it and has a little pressure, then start the engine on the washer and see how much more water moves through the same size fixed orifice. With a boosted setup you have a rising rate fuel regulator, for every pound of boost an extra pound of fuel pressure. The more fuel pressure you see the more it it going to spray through the jets rather than being sucked through making the same size jet more efficient. Just my .02

Back on topic, I like the looks of the kit bryce! How bout a few more pics of it?

Last edited:
L
Dec 4, 2007
Red Deer, Alberta
I would like to appologise to Utah and Brycter for hyjacking their thread. Didnt mean to start an argument.

Brycter good looking so far. when will the kits be availiable, got a few E-Tec guys here thinking boost, I'll let them know.

As for the posts reguarding my questions on how a carb works under boost, I see it now, thanks. I am heading out to the shop to install, on my sled, my new karcher 2200 psi, with a fire hose end on it, to get the efficient fuel delivery I have been missing on my turbo sled!!!!!!

Out of here!

H
Oct 20, 2008
Northern Utah
I would like to appologise to Utah and Brycter for hyjacking their thread. Didnt mean to start an argument.

Brycter good looking so far. when will the kits be availiable, got a few E-Tec guys here thinking boost, I'll let them know.

As for the posts reguarding my questions on how a carb works under boost, I see it now, thanks. I am heading out to the shop to install, on my sled, my new karcher 2200 psi, with a fire hose end on it, to get the efficient fuel delivery I have been missing on my turbo sled!!!!!!

Out of here!

Don't forget to check your muffler bearings and top off your blinker fluid while your at it!:face-icon-small-hap

G
Apr 23, 2008
Lastko,, when you are a basic member you can read x amount of posts,, correct ? Numb nutz wash bashing me in THOSE early threads,, Mind you I never ONZCE even mentioned the issues I had in public,, NOT ONCE . Now in NM defense he did tell me up front that he was unliked and often made people unhappy with him.. NOW i get it..

a flaw in the snowest system allows even a basic member to post past the basic limit,even when they cannot read the treads.. check it with your firehose.

firehose,, thats funny,, how many lbs per hr are you burning? how many are you flowing? . you have NO IDEA... that would be data and facts,,but you run your mouth and thats what sucks for the poor fools who listen to your type.

thanks to all the guys who sent me emails about this wannabe... I agree..

its a shame that lowbrow types try to pry knowledge rather than ask ...

Brycster,, delete my snowest account please..thank you.

B

bigbird

Nov 26, 2007
edmonton area
www.rushmotorsports.ca
Someone take this *** clowns request and delete him. Like Duke said phuktards like him discourage guys from being innovative. Neil has done nothing but help people. Single handidly bailed out all the powderlites nytro guys. Gus, stick to racing your dyno and leave the big boy stuff to people that know or at least try to figure stuff out.

Lastko,, when you are a basic member you can read x amount of posts,, correct ? Numb nutz wash bashing me in THOSE early threads,, Mind you I never ONZCE even mentioned the issues I had in public,, NOT ONCE . Now in NM defense he did tell me up front that he was unliked and often made people unhappy with him.. NOW i get it..

a flaw in the snowest system allows even a basic member to post past the basic limit,even when they cannot read the treads.. check it with your firehose.

firehose,, thats funny,, how many lbs per hr are you burning? how many are you flowing? . you have NO IDEA... that would be data and facts,,but you run your mouth and thats what sucks for the poor fools who listen to your type.

thanks to all the guys who sent me emails about this wannabe... I agree..

its a shame that lowbrow types try to pry knowledge rather than ask ...

Brycster,, delete my snowest account please..thank you.

M
Dec 4, 2007
Red Deer, Alberta
Well I have a basic membership and I just read through the thread that Lasko posted a link ton(as far as I was allowed) and I found no bashing directed to Gus from Niel or anyone. The only thing I saw was Niel said some stuff about Dyno riders and drag racers.

As for the fire hose comment, Gus do you not understand sarcasm? Lasko was making a joke about the coments made by a couple other members. One of them replied with a joke too, he got it!

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
Wow. What drama. Brycter I am excited for you and Josh. Hope to see more of your kit and maybe get to ride with ya this year.
Good luck with the kits.

Premium Features