• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Rt 1000

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
now, the question is, is maybe my piston melted or the lean, is because of the detonation, i am told the detonation can cause alot of heat, and melt a hole in your piston, i would think that if thats true then yes the egt's might not of picked up on that lean condition due to detonation occuring alot

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
So did the prior owner of the box NOT use a rising fuel pressure regulator, too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you read the email i sent back to yeah, but there was no prior owner, it was made for me from scrap ha ha, but yeah like i said in the email ill check into it, but i am real sure that the guy, being sleding4life, has a rising rate regulator, that stock systems good for up to 12 pounds boost or so

E
Jul 9, 2002
Omak, WA
Made for you from scrap? Not sure I understand.

Were you using a homemade spring setup like in the photo of the first turbo instead of a normal boost actuator on the second turbo when you torched the pistons?

Last edited:

Dec 21, 2008
Octane Im thinking you should be running a 2:1 rising rate regulator, with the regulator in the high pressure pump capped off. Are you even running a fuel pressure gauge that you can visibly see. I guarantee you that if you hold it down for two to three seconds that the fuel pressure will drop down with the system your running, Causing major lean issues. I would look really hard into this before round two.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
FYI, im not sure how jason or chris had your box setup, but i know they can be mapped to run w/o a rising rate regulator and should easily be able to fuel those lower boost levels even on stock pressure.

for those who dont know, he had a box custom made for him. so whats in it for a map could be a normal "attitude" style map or something totally one off. they can do wild stuff.

and yes, we found trying to diagnose a tuning issue on a buddies sled, got fuel pressure where you could see it and when the sled was acting up, fuel pressure was dropping. totally different issue, but if its not doing what its supposed to, get ready to chase your tail, seen some smart folks do it plenty!

Dec 21, 2008
Good to know, never realized they could do that with those with those boxes. Should be interesting to find out. Just going off what I've experienced with mine so far.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
FYI, im not sure how jason or chris had your box setup, but i know they can be mapped to run w/o a rising rate regulator and should easily be able to fuel those lower boost levels even on stock pressure.

for those who dont know, he had a box custom made for him. so whats in it for a map could be a normal "attitude" style map or something totally one off. they can do wild stuff.

and yes, we found trying to diagnose a tuning issue on a buddies sled, got fuel pressure where you could see it and when the sled was acting up, fuel pressure was dropping. totally different issue, but if its not doing what its supposed to, get ready to chase your tail, seen some smart folks do it plenty!

yeah i talked to chris, and he said that its not mapped for a Rising rate fuel regulator,

i would think that i would see it lean out on the egt's? if psi went down and then i would be trying to add more and more fuel but it would not change a thing and would still be lean, which i did not appear to have such a issue?

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
What wastegate control were you running at the end?

a good ol spring and nut ha ha, but i see now flaws in that, the wastegate has less backpressure on it then i had thought it would,

but you told me your wastegate actuator you believe is a 6 pound 1 so i will try it, it will be better for holding a certain boost level i know that much,

i ran spring on my trucks turbo, works great, but probably because there is much more pressure going on, but oh well it was worth a try

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
There's no doubt it can be done, but you're gonna have to find out who's got them working and ask what there doing? Who's fuel controllers are working, the unit would at minimum need to see boost pressure, if not use an O2 sensor as well to add fuel? Ask one of the reputable builders. Does what you're using have extra injectors?

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
There's no doubt it can be done, but you're gonna have to find out who's got them working and ask what there doing? Who's fuel controllers are working, the unit would at minimum need to see boost pressure, if not use an O2 sensor as well to add fuel? Ask one of the reputable builders. Does what you're using have extra injectors?

haha, sorry but have you not seen some of my pics or something? or maybe i forgot to say more about some stuff, which i do forget to say stuff,

pretty much i have everything you said or asked about, - (minus) extra injectors and a 02 sensor, i have egt's for adjusting fueling, and the efi box i use adjusts fuel as boost comes on and and so on that way, using stock injectors, as soon as boost comes on it opens all 4 injectors,

but yarrr, im going to experiment with a new tool which i have not seen on any turbo'd sleds, a knock sensor, or well its a special device that listens for knock and alerts you, so far many tuners say it works great,

Last edited:
E
Jul 9, 2002
Omak, WA
yeah i am thinking it might be worth getting one also

I am confused....you say here that it is worth getting an o2 sensor, and then you say you already have one? In the beginning you only had two injectors. At what point did you go to 4, and did you run it with 4? :face-icon-small-dis If we can keep it straight what you are running, how can you get any useful info?

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I am confused....you say here that it is worth getting an o2 sensor, and then you say you already have one? In the beginning you only had two injectors. At what point did you go to 4, and did you run it with 4? :face-icon-small-dis If we can keep it straight what you are running, how can you get any useful info?

no i guess when i used a - (minus) i should of (minus) next to it ha ha, nah i mean Minus the extra injectors and o2 sensor, i dont have a 02 or a/f or anythign that way, just egt's

Premium Features