• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Winter Games (Okoboji)

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
I have a room reserved at the Super 8 for 1/28. Ramada did not have any left for that date. I may be the only one, so I'm good to go.

CROSSFIREMAN

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
iowa
we might be looking for a condo soon, does not surprise me places are booked already.

D
Dec 30, 2008
Better than Okoboji

Hey guys, If you haven't been to Cresco area for their Snofest weekend, it is well worth it. That's where our group has started going because of all the BS that comes along at Okoboji. Usally same weekend, lots more ridin, and not all the extra idiots out taking up valuable snow. Mostly just a bunch of snowmobilers. The club trails are some of the best around Iowa. We stayed at both motels there and both are set up for snowmachines.

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Anyone who would like to do the poker run and meet, please PM Crossfireman or myself your contact info. That way we can start to put a list together and as we get closer, we will contact everyone on were to meet.

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
I have a room reserved at the Super 8 for 1/28. Ramada did not have any left for that date. I may be the only one, so I'm good to go.

Talked with the Super 8 folks this morning and would like me to let everyone know they have rooms. You can ride from the hotel and they are looking forward to having people stay.Give them a call. Great people.

CROSSFIREMAN

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
iowa
i think this would be the best place to meet unless someone has a better idea?

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Not looking good everyone. Staying in town tonight and have had customers tell me that ice is only 4-6" and there is still a lot of open water. When I went over bridge, there was only maybe a dozen portable fish hunts next to road only on west side.

146ev

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
First time really checking in on this post for awhile but I remember a week or so ago I heard they called it off the ice for the year. The ice is probably 4-6 inches thick but the entire lake is froze over the wind on new years opened it up from the North shore to the south shore and most of smiths bay (where everybody is usually).

Premium Features