• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

boondocker etec turbo released

G
Apr 23, 2008
Would love to see the 240 at 7 psi backed up at DTR....

As soon as the new xrs arrives we will install the system ( not this brand or any other on the open market ) and see what the e torch makes and at what boost it makes it on 91 octane before it rattles..
ALL brought to you by lil ole me...

Just the boodockers TPS /ebc is worth the extra money. that is going to be THE life saver for many flatlanders..

Thank GOD they have it under their name.

Gus

T
Aug 8, 2011
Cant wait to see the results Gus...however I believe I have a good idea of what your system will look like and the numbers it produces will likely be substantially different than any thing on the "open" market ;)

BOOST ON!!

P

Powderboy

Nov 1, 2001
Renton, WA
I was told the Garret turbo's used on the BD kits are much easier to get parts for than the aero units. Anybody have any feedback on that?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
yeah, garretts are way easier to get parts for then an aero if you nuke one.. the company is about 10000x times larger. and the parts are cheaper..

snow4shover

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Belgrade, Mt
The advantages of an Aerocharger Turbo kit is the Variable Vane Turbo. Some benefits are the support (there are mobile techs in Montana and Utah) and fit n finish.

If you do have any issues with the Turbos they can be rebuilt from Aero, but you will be out some time and money.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
i have both the other too etec turbo builds in the garage, looked at them last night, either makes me real happy, we will give both till christmas to perform like they should or they are comming off

biggest issue is the hessitaion off the start on wot, and the issues with the reeds, the build and fit are fine, so hope the electronics is there this year

as for power, they are well over 200hp, so i belive boondocker to be there as well

if boon has the hessitaion figured out and runs 8lbs boost with out issue, i could be getting one soon, local dealer has put three boons on in the last month, and says they fit sweet, time will tell

D

Dustin_R

Jan 11, 2010
Washington
i have both the other too etec turbo builds in the garage, looked at them last night, either makes me real happy, we will give both till christmas to perform like they should or they are comming off

biggest issue is the hessitaion off the start on wot, and the issues with the reeds, the build and fit are fine, so hope the electronics is there this year

as for power, they are well over 200hp, so i belive boondocker to be there as well

if boon has the hessitaion figured out and runs 8lbs boost with out issue, i could be getting one soon, local dealer has put three boons on in the last month, and says they fit sweet, time will tell

Fred,

So you have run the kit offered by Aero? What were the pros and cons?

M
Nov 13, 2008

I geuss they feel the 2860 was best for their (Boondockers) kit, but am curious why all others are stepping beyond 2871 into 2876's or hybrids and they are still using a smAller turbo?

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I geuss they feel the 2860 was best for their (Boondockers) kit, but am curious why all others are stepping beyond 2871 into 2876's or hybrids and they are still using a smAller turbo?
they are the most conservative company out there.. good/simple/moderate performance... its there deal.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Fred,

So you have run the kit offered by Aero? What were the pros and cons?

i think the aero is close, and soon i will try it out with improved reeds, a buddy seen one out at the end of the season compared to the cat turbo, he said he ran harder at lower boost than the cat was running

it needs some tuning time to dial it right in, my intenstions are to run between 7 to 9lbs, and dont want any hessitaion off the start

their is now a half/second bog that sounds more like a electronic issue, and once every 100 miles the stock reeds need replacment

its close and i feel this year it might be the answer, hope the motor can hold that much power

P

Powderboy

Nov 1, 2001
Renton, WA
Does anyone actually have kits in hand from BD? At our snow show it sounded like kits were ready to be shipped yet nobody seems to have theirs yet? And no commitment on when they might go out. If anyone knows the story please post it.

snow4shover

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Belgrade, Mt
Haha....I don't think the fuel mapping for the BD was done by Aerocharger. BD has their own solution for fuel. Not sure what that is yet but getting really anxious to see how they did it.

Premium Features