• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

considering turbo v3

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
when you guys use those 1/8th nipples (from turbo performance) do you use the little o ring or just use thread sealer?

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
also is it ok to get fuel for power jets from the opposite bowl the best way for me to route my lines is to cross them from one side to the other

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
what loctite?
I was using 567 which is just a thread sealer not a locker, in conjunction with the little o-ring thing you guys send with the nipples,

I am kind of fighting with the o-rings but I dont think they will be a problem in the end

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
honestly, a properly tapped hole of brass into alum shouldnt require loctite.. but a thread sealer would be a good idea just because you can.. i think the set we installed didnt have anything on them.. and no leaking issues.

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
I am just gonna leave them the way they are it is kind of hard to tell how tight they are with those o rings on there and then if they leak or fall out figure something out at that point

G
Apr 23, 2008
I dont use the little oringy thing either, they are too soft for a butt fit.
would work correct if we had a taper seat to contain them from being extruded.

Gus

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
I removed the cable from the junction box then cut off the cable housing at the box and siliconed over the hole

gonna take out those o rings

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
how much vacuum do these motors make, I need to know for my bov

I got all my stuff hopefully have this machine running soon, I ended up going with turbosmart stuff instead of the tial just cause it was easy to get

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
starting to get places, hopefully be pulling the rope by this weekend

turbo-5.jpg

turbo-4.jpg

turbo-2.jpg

turb-1.jpg

next steps are to weld on wastegate and bov, then run all lines and wiring, its getting close, we are going to revy November 11th, I should have been done sooner but I waited so long for my v band flanges and clamps that it set me way back.

any one have pictures of remote powerjet adjusters, I messaged twister but no return.

also should I run coolant through my turbo?

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
Yes, you will wanna run coolant through your turbo if you can. I ran mine out of the top of the head(old heated carbs line) through the center section and back to the coolant tank. If you don't, it called coking, its when you shut the motor down and the turbo becomes a heat sink cooking your oil into carbon mess.

Mine is also straight piped out the bottom(original exit). Its still very loud. You will find that the turbo doesn't muffle the exhaust as much as you would think.

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
remotes

Here is a pic of my dash mounted remotes.

starting to get places, hopefully be pulling the rope by this weekend

turbo-5.jpg

turbo-4.jpg

turbo-2.jpg

turb-1.jpg

next steps are to weld on wastegate and bov, then run all lines and wiring, its getting close, we are going to revy November 11th, I should have been done sooner but I waited so long for my v band flanges and clamps that it set me way back.

any one have pictures of remote powerjet adjusters, I messaged twister but no return.

also should I run coolant through my turbo?

IMG00205.jpg

T

taylorbok

Nov 10, 2008
how do those adjusters attach to the power jets? wat makes them turn

thats a nice spot for your gauges how are they to look at?

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Turbo setup is looking great. Where are you guy's getting remote adjusters? Would like to get a set for my second set of powerjets.

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
remotes

The remotes are actually flexible drive shafts from mcmaster carr.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#flexible-drive-shafts/=erh6k8

I have the steel with female end and panel mount in .187" diameter and then pick your length. The 1/4" female end goes over your power jet and is set with an allen screw. The lengths were a little long for my application so i actually cut the cable down and tied them together with a small clamp. They work great and i have had zero problems. I went to the local hardware store for my knobs.

The gauges work great. I clock the boost gauge so my desired boost is at 12 0'clock. If i did it again i would go with 2" gauges.

Premium Features