• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Team tied feed back ,,results?

SpeedWobble

Premium Member
Jul 11, 2001
North Central Washington
Love my Team Tied Secondary. I am basically running the setup that Team recommended, but went to the next lower rate spring. (can't remember the exact helix angle or spring, but I can get them for you)
This clutch backshifts great and holds r's better than the standard Team clutch. I can pull 8200-8300 in almost all snow conditions, where the standard clutch would fall off in deeper or heavier snow conditions.
This was a great addition to my Pro!

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Great!!!! I had one on my Dragon that I just parted out but it was a turbo and was wondering how they were working on the normally asperated motors,What elevation were you riding?I guess since I already have it I will try it on the pro next!!!

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Ran the Tied setup on my Pro this last year. It's tough to make comparisons unless you take both clutches out and test all day. The one thing I can definitely say is that the back shift is much smoother. R's hold really well but I've had good luck with that on my Pro anyway. As for the cooler temps, that's hard to really compare.

I'd say it is worth it unless you are on a budget. If you only have $400 to spend on your Pro, I'd say go with BB's, shock re-valve or HPS can.

SpeedWobble

Premium Member
Jul 11, 2001
North Central Washington
I ran from 3000' to 7500'. Stock 62 gram weights. very little variation in R's. 8300 to 8400 down low, 8200 to 8300 at elevation. It's hard to explain, but the Tied clutch just felt better at everything. The stock clutch was pretty good on the Pro, but the Tied clutch just did everything a little better in my opinion.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
I don't really think there is that much difference on the hill but I haven't hit a hill yet that both my sled and my dad's had pounded on to try and get out. Most of our turn outs are tree or fear related. :) I will say that the TIED just responds quicker to rpm than the tss-04. Feels quicker and snappier. More fun to ride when sled reacts quickly to throttle input. Just an opinion but I think it's a good upgrade...if you have the money to spend.

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
what is anybody else running for a helix for around 6000 to 8000 feet? Ran one 2 years ago on my dragon but have not tried it on my Pro yet..should try it this year.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
what is anybody else running for a helix for around 6000 to 8000 feet? Ran one 2 years ago on my dragon but have not tried it on my Pro yet..should try it this year.

I have looked at Teams conversion chart on WPS website.

A 58-44 helix in the tss-04 converts to something like a 73-61 in the Tied.

Its something around page 77 in the Wps catalog.

R
Apr 4, 2008
Fairbanks, Alaska
I switched to a Team Tied Secondary half way through last winter and I really liked it. Much more consistent between packed and powder. Even high to low alt was a smother transition.
http://www.a2dsledworks.com out of Anchorage totally dialed it in for me and I couldn't have been happier with it.
This year the sled gets a Sibler turbo and I am hoping to keep the tied secondary.

Premium Features