• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Areocharger etec install, so far looking sweet...

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
well i put the boyseen turbo reed on top, and doubled up the bottom with two stock reeds, left the two stocker in the middle by them selves, since there was no damage, raised boost to 8lbs and tried again, sled pulled sweet at low elevation, but more weight is needed since hitting rev limiter, shockwave turned in all the way

yes we ride whitefish, upper whitfish, graves, hugryhorse.... would like to get to fernie this week for a day ride, give me a call

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
running it at low evelation it was hard to see any difference in spoolup time, i had also did changes to ramps since last ride, if anything it felt quicker...

here is a picture of the blown reeds

sled reeds 011.jpg

L

Lynxman

Sep 20, 2009
I'm afraid the c3 belt drive kit won't fit. I've got it on my sled and started installing the aerokit today. The problem is that the device for adjusting belt tension builds much more out, and the turbo won't fit then.. Too bad, because I really like the c3 kit!

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
if your doing the install, put in the turbo reeds right away, and save time and money latter, they should come in the kit from aero:face-icon-small-fro

put the blue spring in today with four shims, around the 9lbs boost, or 250hp+, even with the shockwave turned out to 67degrees, and 22grams pin weight, she hits the rev limiter in just a few seconds

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Wow 240 at 6 Ib's, the base engine makes 162 stock, then if it's been decompressed should be in the 145-150 range so that's say another 100hp!!!!
Not sure I believe the rating as that's 16.6 hp per Ib of boost.
If it is, Then that a really efficient system, and the kit designers have done a really good job!

would like to see a dyno sheet of it from someone that has a dyno better then a dynomite, there a great dyno up to about 200hp but past that you need a real pump to prove the hp.

Cliff

Can I ask what you mean by decompressed?

A
Can I ask what you mean by decompressed?

Sure!.

What I mean is when you have a engine with something like 13:1 compression and your planning on putting a lot of boost into it, you drop the base compression to allow for the running of more boost.

One case to give a example is a 1240 mach with a aero on it has a cranking compression of 125psi where a stock N/A would be 150 +

Cliff

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
want to thank HIGHroller for the turbo reeds for his kits he sold me and threw in a EXTRA set for my own aerocharger unit

ran the sled today in lower elevation with 415ramps at 9.5lbs with shockwave turned out 4.75 turns(around 58degrees:scared:) on clicker two, with 4300engagment, it seamed to light turbo somewhat quicker than ever before, and fuel controller set on low fuel side, no ulgy noises and pulled very hard, might try gearing up to 24-49, looking forward to try out in higher elevations, ...watching the air fuel or boost gauges can be dangerous to health:heh:
i think i could be real happy at this hp if the sled can handle it, and spool up stays quick or we can get quicker for the trees.... driven a few tnitros, and other older turbo 800rs, and this is a different animal... just dont blow up now:face-icon-small-hap

M
Nov 13, 2008
BOOSTER CHILD

Yo Fred, give me a call, lost WHATSAPP and all apps/contacts and cannot get into account to reset anything. Where are you going this weekend?

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
weight removed for install was stock airbox and inlet charge box, stock headlights, stock can or muffler, a rought weight of 16lbs removed with light weight can, or 29 lbs with stock can

as for added weight with afue land boost gauges, stock pipe insulation, i would guess it to be around 45lbs for a total difference of 14 lbs on a stock muffler, or a increase of 29lbs compared to a sled with a light weight can, will need another lb added for lights

doing some thinking about how the intercooler delete aids in spoolup over the intercooler, could one not design another blow off value that opens on idle or low rpm and aids in air supplied after intercooler for quicker spool, seams like it could be a easy fix:loco:

T
Nov 28, 2010
My brother talked to some of the other turbo manufactures and they told him that the trask setup will probley not going to work because of engineering defects like the airbox for one.

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
My turbo xp 800r and many others run stock compresion. 10-12lbs is not big boost. I would rather run a little more 110 mon fuel in it and have stock compresion for throttle responce then lower the compresion. My sled is for mountain riding. If it was for drag racing or wanting big numbers/big boost then I might lower the compresion.

I ran boyesen turbo reeds in the stock cages all last year without any problems. still looked like new at the end of the year.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
still waiting on fuel box updates to make it hear from aerocharger for both units, the oringinal trask fuel box was to lean on wot

should be receiving this week the intercooler delete from aero and hope to pinch back on lag

came up with a idea for adding lowend rpm air needed for quicker spool with intercooler, hope to try it out this week at high elevations

hope motor stays together, because its a beast at 9+lbs:face-icon-small-hap

Fred how is the other xp running with the garret set up??

T

turboxp

May 13, 2008
not where i sled
intercooler

Fred i can tell u that if u have your system working the intercooler will not make any differance it is all to do with the way u have the areo ajusted u can make that thing spool so fast that it will not want to quit spooling or make it as slow as u want.

S
Jan 25, 2008
anchorage, AK
Turboxp is right

My 66 spools incredibly quick.

I am running higher boost than the two strokes will reliably handle but my engagement is now at 4000RPM and boost comes on lightning quick.

Just in my back yard at full throttle from a dead stop my sled is already at 13-14psi in one sled lengths time and the boost just keeps building up from there at the same constant rate.

The adjustment for the vanes is the wastegate plunger nipple that your small air line goes into from your airbox.

For adjustment:
Loosen up the lock nut and turn the entire assembly with the nipple counterclockwise until it no longer has pressure against the stainless actuator rod that is connected to the vanes. Then tighten the assembly 2 full turns in toward the turbo. This is a good starting point.

Mine is only tightened 1 and 3/4 turns in. Don't go less than 1 and 1/2 turns in because it holds in too much heat.

Each 1/4 turn makes a lot of difference in how quick it spools. If you turn the assembly in too far (like 2 and 1/2 turns) then the sled will go a long distance before the turbo builds up boost but the top end will have good power once it gets there.

This has all been explained on this forum before but it may be helpful for your situation.

Since you say that your sled has a one second delay in acceleration then there must be some adjustment to be done.

In about one second my sled is already moving past 15psi and I have a large volume intercooler and 2.5" charge tubes.

There is room for improvement on that sled of yours just keep dialing it in and don't look at the gauges too much when climbing, look ahead of you!
I know exactly what your talking about there:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
thanks guys for all the info and help...

i replaced the intercooler tonight with the delete kit, headlight back on, from the few wot burps on the stand, it felt quicker, also installed new fuel controller from aero

i have called alot of shops over the last few days, got lots of helpfull hints on my quest of quick spool, thanks to all

hope to get out in the next few days

Premium Features