• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Pro785 FS any interest?

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
I'll probably end up parting the ski out, but thought i'd try to get rid of it whole first.

'00 Polaris Pro785 race ski (no paperwork) also comes with '97 hull that does have paperwork. I built the ski in the '00 hull with all my '97 parts.

Ski is loaded... Both hulls a little rough on the exterior, but VERY clean inside.

Stock engine with cleaned ports.
ADA head with 26cc domes 145lbs compression (50/50 premium/race fuel)
Hotseat Performance tripple pipes w/ hotseat waterbox
44mm Redtop carbs on sidedraft intake manifolds.
UMI steering system
All stainless steel pump parts (maybe 2 hours on them)

Put hotseat pipes on with Redtop carbs, and ski runs 63 something on GPS with next to zero tuning time. all with full fuel tank, and 230lb rider.
VERY quick, and much more left with tuning...

Im missing alot, but if anyone is interested, call and I'll discuss everything.

Comes with Triton lite aluminum trailer and a truck load of stock parts (pipes, carbs, intakes, heads etc..)

First $2500 takes it. Spent well over $1500 when i installed the pipes/carbs end of last summer.

No time to ride the jetski, help me back into a snowmobile!

In central Iowa. PM if interested.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
I'll probably end up parting the ski out, but thought i'd try to get rid of it whole first.

'00 Polaris Pro785 race ski (no paperwork) also comes with '97 hull that does have paperwork. I built the ski in the '00 hull with all my '97 parts.

Ski is loaded... Both hulls a little rough on the exterior, but VERY clean inside.

Stock engine with cleaned ports.
ADA head with 26cc domes 145lbs compression (50/50 premium/race fuel)
Hotseat Performance tripple pipes w/ hotseat waterbox
44mm Redtop carbs on sidedraft intake manifolds.
UMI steering system
All stainless steel pump parts (maybe 2 hours on them)

Put hotseat pipes on with Redtop carbs, and ski runs 63 something on GPS with next to zero tuning time. all with full fuel tank, and 230lb rider.
VERY quick, and much more left with tuning...

Im missing alot, but if anyone is interested, call and I'll discuss everything.

Comes with Triton lite aluminum trailer and a truck load of stock parts (pipes, carbs, intakes, heads etc..)

First $2500 takes it. Spent well over $1500 when i installed the pipes/carbs end of last summer.

No time to ride the jetski, help me back into a snowmobile!

In central Iowa. PM if interested.

I use to have a '97 PRO 785, bought it brand new, ran it for 3 seasons, sold it to my bud who's still runnin' it. I run a Stage 2 2007 Sea-Doo RXT now.

Try posting this on www.greenhulk.net , they have a POLARIS section, lotta 785 guys still on there, "LUGS" is one of them.

Good luck !!

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Still miss the PRO 785

would you have to run race fuel at 7800 ft? would jets be the only thing i would have to change to ride?
thanks
daryl

I had the HSP head on my PRO 785

91 Octane at 560 feet elevation, Lake Michigan

Re-Jet and hang on,

Still the most wicked ski I've ever owned as far as arm-stretching mid-range acceleration, and I'm currently riding a 260 h.p. Super-Charged Sea-Doo (2007)

I have the factory POLARIS "Race Bulletin" from May 1997 that has some jetting info and other advice.

If anyone needs it, just p.m. me and I'll post it up.

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
would you have to run race fuel at 7800 ft? would jets be the only thing i would have to change to ride?
thanks
daryl

At 7800ft you could probably increase the compression and still run pump fuel.

Otherwise yes, change jetting and you should be good to go.

It also comes with stock pipes, heads, and stock carbs. You could set it up however you like.

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
I had the HSP head on my PRO 785

91 Octane at 560 feet elevation, Lake Michigan

Re-Jet and hang on,

Still the most wicked ski I've ever owned as far as arm-stretching mid-range acceleration, and I'm currently riding a 260 h.p. Super-Charged Sea-Doo (2007)

I have the factory POLARIS "Race Bulletin" from May 1997 that has some jetting info and other advice.

If anyone needs it, just p.m. me and I'll post it up.

You should ride a hotseat piped 785! Ive never ridden anything before that has such a difference from aftermarket pipes, especially on an engine that already has tripples. They just don't make 'em like they used to.

The race bulletin must deal with the jetting change. bigger pilots and smaller mains if i remember right. The 97 carbs were a pain to tune, very finicky. The internals were changed in 98, or by 99 for sure and that helped alot. I had my 97 carbs running good, but then went with the Redtop carbs... much better.

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
is this fast sled still for sale?

It is still available....

Thought I had it sold twice, but noooope. Closer to summer and it'll sell. Not buyin a trailer for my sled til this thing is sold, need one badly :face-icon-small-sho

Premium Features