• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lets get this new IOWA FORUM going!

CROSSFIREMAN

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
iowa
Hey fellow sledders how is the riding after the big snow last weekend? Worth loading up and coming down from northern IA (we've got nothing). Got back from Hayward WI last weekend and that is pretty well shot as well. Bored looking for somewhere to ride. Thanks

not enough here around manning, steelman is in oakland, more there, he will chime in here to give you an answer:director:

R

riverider

Sep 19, 2011
Boondocks , Iowa
Albany Lodge Here we come :rofl:this has got to be one of the longest winters in history!!! Seems like it took forever for this week to get here!!!!! I wish the winters with the good snow would last this long!!

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Hey fellow sledders how is the riding after the big snow last weekend? Worth loading up and coming down from northern IA (we've got nothing). Got back from Hayward WI last weekend and that is pretty well shot as well. Bored looking for somewhere to ride. Thanks

Sorry, missed your post. There still is some snow down here, but sure it is hard. Saw a couple sleds yesterday riding.

G

gspbirdhunt

Jan 30, 2008
Janesville IA
Go Iowa Forum

Great to see activity here - too bad it's not about the snow we should have!!!

Hey steelman and river rider, can you point me to play areas by Albany? We go west with a group every year and ride out of greenrock. This year a smaller group of meadow riders are going and planning to stay at Albany. Will be our first time to Albany. WOndering if there are places to play in that area or if we gas and head north for the usual areas up by Quealy and such. Hoping to find a few places to play wihtout going across the flats.

Appreciate any direction you might have. Headed out on March 7th it any other Iowan's are heading that way! Hope you guys have a great trip.

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca

Hey steelman and river rider, can you point me to play areas by Albany? We go west with a group every year and ride out of greenrock. This year a smaller group of meadow riders are going and planning to stay at Albany. Will be our first time to Albany. WOndering if there are places to play in that area or if we gas and head north for the usual areas up by Quealy and such. Hoping to find a few places to play wihtout going across the flats.

Appreciate any direction you might have. Headed out on March 7th it any other Iowan's are heading that way! Hope you guys have a great trip.

This will be the first time out for me. Ask crossfireman on here or TMK50 or DANSYl159 over on the WY. section. Any of these guys will be able to help you better then I.

Last edited:

CROSSFIREMAN

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
iowa
This will be the first time out for me. Ask crossfireman on here or TMK50 or DANSYl159 over on the WY. section. Any of these guys will be able to help you better then I.

there is some great meadows not far out of albany to the west and south that go untouched not always visible from trail that is why they are untouched. everybody out of albany seems to head for the top thinking snow is better on the west side of mountain which it is generally. be in albany feb. 20 to 24 so i will update what i find. i am good friends with a couple of albany locals so i will find the good areas and let you know. :gossip:

R

riverider

Sep 19, 2011
Boondocks , Iowa

there are a few places along Q trail that have alot of powder no big climbs but lots of boondocking and carveing . Stay way clear of W it sucks way bad!! And if you do go across the flats theres a big rock in trail T just south of U intersection i couldnt get it dug out andonly marked it with a branch!!!

R

riverider

Sep 19, 2011
Boondocks , Iowa
10-4 call me on my cell.
I couldnt tell which one of us was more excited about being in the moutains !! Im pretty sure we both looked like a couple teenagers that just discovered a new perspective on enjoying life:laugh: Im already makeing arrangements for next years trip. ill post some wrecked f1000 pics when i get them

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Had a good time in the snowies. Hit few rocks on trail with belly pan. Crossfire sits to low in the front. Sled made it in one piece. Will make sure new sled has extra protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329620076.868866.jpg

R

riverider

Sep 19, 2011
Boondocks , Iowa
Had a good time in the snowies. Hit few rocks on trail with belly pan. Crossfire sits to low in the front. Sled made it in one piece. Will make sure new sled has extra protection.

steelman, so what is the verdict??? are you happy with the way the crossfire performed or are you going for the 1100??? if i would of been thinking ,i should of let you ride that m8 i had to see if you liked that.

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
The sled did great, but would have liked some more length and lug. Snow was in favor of the shorter tracks. I still will be trading this year, but will not be getting a 162". Rode one and I had a very hard time pulling it over. Will be looking at a M8 snopro 153". Had a blast and look forward to many more trips.

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
The sled did great, but would have liked some more length and lug. Snow was in favor of the shorter tracks. I still will be trading this year, but will not be getting a 162". Rode one and I had a very hard time pulling it over. Will be looking at a M8 snopro 153". Had a blast and look forward to many more trips.

Don't you keep hearing those voices in yor head. Buy a pro, Buy a pro.:lalala:

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
I couldnt tell which one of us was more excited about being in the moutains !! Im pretty sure we both looked like a couple teenagers that just discovered a new perspective on enjoying life:laugh: Im already makeing arrangements for next years trip. ill post some wrecked f1000 pics when i get them

Have any pics yet? Was it just A-Arms?

R

riverider

Sep 19, 2011
Boondocks , Iowa
this is why u shouldnt use your sled for lumberjacking:censored::censored: so ask me if spending a fortune on my sled to ride in the moutains for 2 days was worth it ,and i would say HELL YA :hat: when are we going back!!!!!

101_0437.jpg 101_0436.jpg 101_0435.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features