• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lets get this new IOWA FORUM going!

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
Hey steelman, are you on commission or what? Lol

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
How about this ****ty weather? I don't care if it EVER snows if we can't get the crops out first!!!!! Everything was looking sooo good then crappy rain!!!!!

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Good person passed yesterday

Had a local farmer pass away yesterday. His wife said she had not seen him in 25-mins and she could not find him. Oakland Rescue found him in the grain bin. Nicest person you could ever meet. Our thought and prayers go out to his family. To all our local farmers, be safe out there!!

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
Had a local farmer pass away yesterday. His wife said she had not seen him in 25-mins and she could not find him. Oakland Rescue found him in the grain bin. Nicest person you could ever meet. Our thought and prayers go out to his family. To all our local farmers, be safe out there!!

what happened?
our thought and prayers go out to his family!!

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
what happened?
our thought and prayers go out to his family!!

I guess what happen is him and his wife were getting old corn out of the bin to get it ready for new. It sounds that it was crested over and he went in to get it going again. His wife was in the tractor and said that she heard some banging, but just figured it was him trying to get it loose. After about 20-mins she went to check on him. Went to the door and was not able to see him. She then called 911 and then Oakland Rescue fold him. I talked to my father in-law which is the fire chief. I was on the dept. for 12-years, but got off due to all the politics.

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
I guess what happen is him and his wife were getting old corn out of the bin to get it ready for new. It sounds that it was crested over and he went in to get it going again. His wife was in the tractor and said that she heard some banging, but just figured it was him trying to get it loose. After about 20-mins she went to check on him. Went to the door and was not able to see him. She then called 911 and then Oakland Rescue fold him. I talked to my father in-law which is the fire chief. I was on the dept. for 12-years, but got off due to all the politics.

sound like there was some old wet corns in there that been sitting there since fall and become to stuck it up like wall? I have seen it happen.

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
sound like there was some old wet corns in there that been sitting there since fall and become to stuck it up like wall? I have seen it happen.

old and wet is an understatement. It was so hot you could hardly put your hand in it. He was a great guy, and lives 1 mile from me. Sad sad deal.

M

maddog21

Mar 19, 2008
Charter Oak, Iowa
old and wet is an understatement. It was so hot you could hardly put your hand in it. He was a great guy, and lives 1 mile from me. Sad sad deal.

live one mile from ya? I understand how it feel. Our closest neighbor hog farmer just right cross the street, had his heart attack two years ago but died. He was like a family to us!

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
hcs is down so I guess I have to get my posting fix here. Got the crops out. Field work should be done by the end of the week. Dealer called and sled is in. bring on the snow!

bigrig

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
LAKE PARK, IA
brother in law from missouri just called. wants to do x mas at the hills with family's. might be ok. is it sledding season allready?/!!!! kinda getting.. that feeling. anyway just looking at fellow iowaones 2 nite. better get my time bombs out of shed, oh i mean 900 rmk's. tons of fun though

Been pretty quite on here lately. Hope harvest is going well for those of you that are. I read on a post somewhere that the best mod you can do is to get into shape to ride. So got on the ol mountain bike and rode down the w<ST1:pabash </ST1:pthis morning about 10 miles. This is really going to suck… Anybody else do this??

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Been pretty quite on here lately. Hope harvest is going well for those of you that are. I read on a post somewhere that the best mod you can do is to get into shape to ride. So got on the ol mountain bike and rode down the w<ST1:pabash </ST1:pthis morning about 10 miles. This is really going to suck… Anybody else do this??

Wife and I ride the wabash. ride from CB to Mineola. 20-mile round trip. We also ride from CB to pedastrian bridge and back. It is about 28-miles round trip.

Wife and I ride the wabash. ride from CB to Mineola. 20-mile round trip. We also ride from CB to pedastrian bridge and back. It is about 28-miles round trip.

I’m telling ya. A guy doesn’t realize how out of shape he is until ya get on a bike and start south on the trail. About 5 years ago I used to ride down to Mineola <ST1:p</ST1:pand back in about 40-50 minutes. This morning it took 50 minutes to get to <ST1:pDumfries</ST1:p. Then I had to come back. I must be really out of shape. HA HA. Good thing the new “PRO” is so light….

Last edited:

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
got my new sled too. Now I gotta get going on the exercise thing.

Premium Features