• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2 Stroke pump gas boost

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I was looking at the Ripcharger setup at the Edmonton Snowmobile show.Its nice to see more new products out there.
Heres a few pictures of the Doo,s.
2010Snowmobileshowpics028.jpg

2010Snowmobileshowpics031.jpg

2010Snowmobileshowpics030.jpg

2010Snowmobileshowpics021.jpg

2010Snowmobileshowpics023.jpg

S
Jun 3, 2009
Revelstoke
If the performance builders really wanted to make insane money on this deal, Price it at about $2000, pump gas, 200 hp, and turn key stock reliable. Think of how many people would be lining up to buy it.

I talked with RIPcharger at the Toronto sled show the other weekend. If it comes out in full production by the end of the season for the 800ptek, count me in on one for the 11-12 season if its anywhere NEAR $2000. Thats very cheap sounding. I'de love the bet driven supercharged over a turbo for the lag and hp curve. And would take it way before a 300+hp 4stroker. Just a matter of hoping the Doo crank wont snap like a twig with that hp spinnin it

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
figure on prices +/- 5 grand, theres alot of parts that go into a kit like this, 2 grand doesnt even cover the parts alone.
no kidding, people are kinda off base with just the price of parts...

superchargers arent cheap, nor are big custom machined brackets to hold things in place.. just the sc assebmly alone probably costs more then $2000, and thats no fueling, clutching, gauges, and all the little crap to go with it.

the cheapest your realistically gonna find on any turbo or sc is right around 4 grand.. there are a LOT of parts.. and people still have to make enough money to justify building/developing this stuff.

S
Jun 3, 2009
Revelstoke
figure on prices +/- 5 grand, theres alot of parts that go into a kit like this, 2 grand doesnt even cover the parts alone.

That sounds more reasonable. So its between a turbo that costs around 5 grand or a supercharger of the same price... If they are both proven reliable, I'de buy the S/C. Love the fact that its already got boost at idle.

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
Be the smart ones and WAIT..

this fish has been on the line for 30 yrs,,

gus

And yet, some people have to be the test dummies, otherwise it doesn't get made and improved, or disproved. Rarely does anything get made right the first time, it's usually a painful evolution to acceptable performance.

That being said, I won't be one of the test dummies, (hypocritical, maybe so) but I HATE wrenching, so I will leave it to others with more money and better wrenching skills.

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
Very true there are alot of parts in turbo setups. But the reality is that they are price out of the range for the average joe.

You never know. Maybe one of these days someone will bring the hammer down on this industry. I have a feeling that a 2k boost kit would be a mega hit with the masses.

Forget about selling 50-100 kits........

i'm thinking of 1000+. We'll see how much time I have for next winter. Ya never know right.

Problem is everyone is using the same parts. Same turbo's. Same gauges, same oil pumps..... No one is sourcing anything of their own parts. They basically are just repackaging everything.

Maybe i'm totally wrong on this. I would think there would be a big demand for 200 hp bolt on pump gas performance at $2000. But, then again, maybe not.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
the demand and all that is there.. BUT, even selling 100+ kits a year, your only option on most parts is to be just repackaging parts and making them a kit... and the snowmobile enviroment demands good parts, ok, get cheap gauges, accuracy of boost gauge? who wants it. there are a lot of things you just need to work and do it well. Have fun tuning a crappy fuel pressure regulator that fluctates all over the place and fails quickly.. enjoy tuning with a fuel pump that cant keep up. You are in the world of high performance.. cheap doesnt work.

I guess I just dont see where you guys keep thinking this magical 2k number can exist from.. if you want any amount of decent parts to come with the kit.. its just gonna cost more then that. even $2k in junk ebay parts would barely get you the parts to a kit.

even if you are getting volume discounts on gauges and your other parts.. your still looking at like $250+ in just those, turbo $1000, fuel pump $100, fpr $100, clutching, $200, hoses, clamps, metal for piping, silicone couplers, BOV, brackets, hangers, oiling system, flanges, gaskets, fittings.. and dont forget time and $$ for fabing up each of the brackets/airbox/pipes... yeah, if you sold 1000's of kits you could outsource this stuff and have it done cheaper, BUT, your not gonna move that kinda volume in the sledding industy, just not enough people do it, or what things like that.

unless you want every single part straight off ebay, $2g is a decent price for just the base parts,and just parts alone no way to hook it up. I hate to sound like a negative a$$... but until you have peiced your own kit together, you cant beleive HOW much money you have into the kits to make them complete.

S
Dec 1, 2007
BC
do you want a 2g kit thats incomplete with chinese parts? would you buy a chinese sled? look at what you spend on everything else skid 2-4 grand track 1000. sledding isnt cheap and it isnt going to get any better. gotta pay to play

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
The rotrex C30-64 supercharger I had on my 05 gsxr 1000 was around $2100 for just the supercharger. Nothing else. Supercharger only.
The turbo, blow off valve, and wastegate I have on my turbo xp was over $2000. Just those main components. They are about the best parts you can buy, but I got them at a great price. Lower then the shops I talked to dealer cost.

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
I like this conversation.

You all have very valid points.

I'm just saying, that I would like to see, something different.

Think of this. the bulk of the cost is the control system. gauges, boxes, blow off valves, regulators etc...

What if we got away from all of that.

Think of something along the lines of say, and Edge type box. One that did it all. all you do is set it and ride. X # of boost, and all of thre limits are safe. No worrries. Don't even bother to look, just ride ride ride.

Gets rid of all the gear. They make these type of boxes to intergrate into cars and trucks with way more complex systems. Think of how many lines of code most car computers have now.

edge sells their diesel boxes for what, 300-700 depending on model. I'm thinking thats were its at. All thats needed is a good fuel injected setup to begin with. Everything else do with a box. Adjust boost, A/F, do it all through the box.

Keep the turbo or supercharger setup super simple. Focus on low yield, forget the intercoolers and all of the other stuff.

Maybe 2k isn't the mark. But what about $2500 or $3000. Much more sellable than say, 5-8k.

Lets keep the topic going.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Wish ya luck. we made it to 5-6 pounds or so.

hopefully get to line up against one.

still don't get this whole pump gas thing idealized by the masses.

G
Apr 23, 2008
Wish ya luck. we made it to 5-6 pounds or so.

hopefully get to line up against one.

still don't get this whole pump gas thing idealized by the masses.

Can I get an AMEN brutha !!!

why risk damage or loss of ride time to use poor fuel...spend $4000for the system and NOT spend 6 per gallon to ride and enjoy to its REAL potential..

Idunno

Gus

S
Jun 3, 2009
Revelstoke
Can I get an AMEN brutha !!!

why risk damage or loss of ride time to use poor fuel...spend $4000for the system and NOT spend 6 per gallon to ride and enjoy to its REAL potential..

Idunno

Gus

There are some places out there that you can't find anything above lowgrade fuel. I myself take trips out to places like this regularly, so a low octane friendly kit would be the first one on my list for safety. Which a head shim will usually compensate for tho.

P

powderlites

Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous, BC Canada
www.powderlites.com
Rip Charger

Well guys pretty sweet running sleds out again today!!
Over 100 ft lbs torque at 6000 RPM so I was impressed.
Runs like stock except it pulls hard. Boost at very low RPM.
Smooth nice power.
Blower units working great.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Okay, we need an update here! Snow has fallen and this thing must be on the snow again???

RS

Premium Features