• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 artic cat release ???

Thread Rating
2.00 star(s)
A

ARICH

Dec 5, 2007
Pic from snow and mud
looks like some crazy new mountain inspired BNG

2011m8.jpg

Last edited:

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
I really hope that the Arctic comes out with a new mountain chassis next year.
I'm getting tired of the M series now. YES I know that the M series is super in the mountains / Boondocking
Have had several m series since it came out in 2005. And I have driven Arctic Cat since 1998 and changed models with maximum two-year intervals.
But now I start really thinking about switching to the new RMK PRO, it looks really good.
Is there anyone else who thinks the same as me? Or should I just keep myself to the Arctic?

Polaris' first year sleds haven't been real reliable and after their issues with the '09-'10 800 engines, I would really want to see the proof that they can run right. I agree the the PRO looks cool but if it was me I would wait a year or two before I took that plunge.

Last edited:
B

brendan ross

Dec 1, 2007
pine pass area b.c. canada
we had a customer build up a jaguar turbo with a cr chassis and fast suspension on the trail its a monster but it needs better handling fo the mountains i would like to see a mountain version of it

an m1000ho

but what would really be awsome is a pgtm8 auto tune :face-icon-small-win hahaah
oh and always lighter

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Polaris' first year sleds haven't been real reliable and after their issues with the '09-'10 800 engines, I would really want to see the proof that they can run right. I agree the the PRO looks cool but if it was me I would wait a year or two before I took that plunge.

the thing about the PRO RMK is that the tunnel and cooling system has been out since 07, the bulkhead has a year on it already from the rush, the front suspension has been around since 05 other than spindles, the rear suspension is basically the same as its been forever other than the rear springs, and the motor hopefully is a better 2010 800. so its not Exactly new but it shakes things up.

All cat has to do is small improvements as well...as far as im concerned a bit more rider forward, some suspension improvements, driven clutch improvements, dropped or improved DD and all new plastic and BAM same M but improved and different looking and it will selll........the m chassis if you open the hood is super close to the 1m other than the motor placement and plastic....

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
the thing about the PRO RMK is that the tunnel and cooling system has been out since 07, the bulkhead has a year on it already from the rush, the front suspension has been around since 05 other than spindles, the rear suspension is basically the same as its been forever other than the rear springs, and the motor hopefully is a better 2010 800. so its not Exactly new but it shakes things up.

All cat has to do is small improvements as well...as far as im concerned a bit more rider forward, some suspension improvements, driven clutch improvements, dropped or improved DD and all new plastic and BAM same M but improved and different looking and it will selll........the m chassis if you open the hood is super close to the 1m other than the motor placement and plastic....

Ya the M series and 1M are pretty close:face-icon-small-dis other than all the suspension, motor mounting, underhood layout, all the plastic and hood, firewall, seat, tunnel, track, motors, clutches, diamond drive, skis, and of course weight. That sounds pretty close to me. Just because the bulkhead is of the same basic structure doesnt mean the sleds are alike. My 98 ZR 600 had a bulkhead with the same basic structure as an M series. Does that mean they are pretty much the same?

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
The engine and the lightened crank are what really concern me. Granted cat did the lightend crank last year and have had good luck with it, but they haven't had issues in recent history with their cranks unlike polaris. The engine..well think we all know what has been going on recently with their 800's and while I really hope they don't have more issues like that I'm not holding my breath.

M

M-Cat

Nov 26, 2007
Canada
Why fix what isn't broken??

Keep it simple!! just some fine tunning is all cat needs to do to an already near perfect mountain sled. m1000 HO on a bit of a diet would be so sweet!!

A
Sep 18, 2008
fernie
well I dont think they should cut any more weight... as I just cant see the sled holding together with all the abuse I give it. I rode a 2006 m7 for 13000+ km and had verry few troubles, the sled is still strait altough ther is now some bulk head cracks that need welding.
I now have a 2010 m8 and love it althoug i hated the skid till I did the geo mod. to it and then it got rideable on the trail... look into it it works

Apr 21, 2008
i know they work okay, just thinkin of trying one but kinda tired of the chassis look. i do agree that first yrs on a new chassis is a gamble but i like to be diffrent.

If you like to be different, that's what the aftermarket is for. Why would they change the best chassis on the snow?

L
Nov 26, 2007
All this sled needs is an over the pipe steering post with handle bars ending up no more the 2 inches forward. this would change the circular plain the handle bars move in and seriously improve ridability. remold the tank and some plastic. thats my perfect M sled

B

boosted1

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
M improvements!

I woul like to see a better driven clutch, more tunability like the Supreme tool 11" secondary with the old style cat helix

The diamond drive...I think is the best invention for the snowmobile, after playing with it and changing to the updated bearing, there is no doubt you will not find a stronger drive system...sure they had there issues but in 2009 they changed to a helical gear, like transmissions and rear ends, however they didnt think of the extra load on the bearing, hence the bearing failures, update to the wider bearing, change the oil regularily and it will last the life of the sled.

-better ride
- better fuel system like the Doo e-tec
thats my wish list, love my 2010 HCR, simply flys!

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Change the M? Really?

Anybody who votes for a change in the M just because there are too many on the hill and they're bored with the same old are just insane and need to switch to poo (there aren't any of those on the hill, they're all in the shop.) After riding my M8 for two years (and then unfortunately selling it this year and going back to ride Daddy's sleds) I can't see how the chassis could be any better for the powder. It was perfectly predictable! I always knew exactly how hard I had to pull and where to make it do what I wanted.

Just in case any AC R&D guys are reading this, I hope they're getting the loud and clear message: The way to a whole bunch of sales of 2011 sleds is an HO M1000 on a diet. We'll see.

I do not want to see durability and strength sacrificed to lower the number on the weight line in a brochure. I have to sell and work on sleds and the M Cat is a perfect balance of power and strength. It is like when Cat shrunk the ATV racks to save on some weight, people who purchase the Cat ATVs don't purchase them to get the light weight sport machine, they get it to hunt and mob through the mud with. In the field I want a sled that will get me into the mountains 40 miles and get me out. I hope the new line continues to give us useful thing like adjustable steering column and stock snow eliminator running boards. Don't weaken my frame to lower a number in a brochure column.

Premium Features