• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

: How satisfied are you with your Arctic Cat?

: How satisfied are you with your Cat

• Total voters

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
i rode polaris all my life then in spring of '06 my last poo burned down for about the 5th time and that was the final straw. got rid of that and picked up my first and so far only cat an '06 m7 and couldnt be happier been the funnest most reliable sled i've ever owned, even with all my dicking with it. only major thing i've HAD to replace was the primary clutch at about 2500 miles. i've rode all different brands and models and i will definately stick with the M.

M

M6johnny

Dec 4, 2007
Brookings SD
Some good posts on here!! I love my 06 M7. I had to replace my primary after 7200 miles, so I think it more than surprised me. Other than gas and oil this has been the most reliable sled Ive ever owned. I won't say how many miles Ive gotten on a belt in fear of pissing some peeps off. right Big H.... JK man. Again, hands down the most reliable sled Ive owned. Next year an 09 or 10 M8. WOOO HOOO :face-icon-small-hap

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
Some good posts on here!! I love my 06 M7. I had to replace my primary after 7200 miles, so I think it more than surprised me. Other than gas and oil this has been the most reliable sled Ive ever owned. I won't say how many miles Ive gotten on a belt in fear of pissing some peeps off. right Big H.... JK man. Again, hands down the most reliable sled Ive owned. Next year an 09 or 10 M8. WOOO HOOO :face-icon-small-hap

Gas, oil, 2 belts and one primary in 7200 miles, nice work! I'd say you got your moneys worth. :face-icon-small-coo

W

wolfcat

Jan 3, 2008
2010 M-8

Cat hit a home run , first sled I have ever owned that did'nt have to dump a
bunch of money in it to run. Broke one primary spring so far , my biggest
complaint with cat is there ride on the back sucks. Wish cat would take a
look at what K- mod has done , they climb good and ride a hell of a lot better.
A little less oil usage would be nice. Keep up the good work

MUZBOMB

Lifetime Membership
Aug 15, 2008
Albeta sometimes Saskatchewan
I love my 09 HCR best sled i have owned yet!!! My dealer is top notch Don's Speed Parts Wainright AB Canada great prices and awesome service by far!!! The sled runs awesome now about 800miles on it same belt only issue is the oil tank melting on the top were it is threaded, but they fixed her up for me

M

Mnt bound

Aug 16, 2008
Western Colorado
I like My M1000. With that said It seems like I had to put alot into it get it were it is now. I guess I was expecting a little more right out of the box in 08.
Looking back it was/is a learning expereriance and now it is custom for me and what I like to ride.
I wouldn't trade it now for anything but a newer Cat.

B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
Most reliable sled ever owned! Over 8000km now and 1500km as a 800cc. Biggest problem was primary spider which broke 3 times. It may have been ok if I woulnd't have opened it :) It caused too many stuck situations so it needed to do something. Now it has right glue in it - hopefully it will last. Other than that - zero problems. After mods (listed below) I can't imagine running any other sled :)

I agree - stock suspension valving IS a joke. Hopefully this is the area where they put their focus next year!

D

Dano702

Dec 15, 2007
Sin City
I am around 1000 miles on my 07 M8 and i am still on the stock belt , and most of those miles were at 12 lbs .

Just a few rides on my 09 M1000 162 SP , and i love it . Cant wait to ride it on 12 lbs.

I bought my first new Cat in 1996 , and its the only brand i have ever owned. I had a 72 panther with twin pipes as a kid , and it really pissed the neighbors off .

I loved every one of them .:face-icon-small-hap

S
2010 M8
- they gave us frog skins up front but none on the huge side vents?
And I think they even removed the metal grating style ones that were there.
- the rear bumper does not extend out enough, makes it a pain in the butt to use a track stand:face-icon-small-dis
A traditional track stand, yeah. Otherwise, I'm a fan of the shorty tunnel. I don't usually have a need for a track stand other than when it's parked at the end of the season, and a couple 2x4's under the running boards do that trick perfectly for me.
- oil res threads and molding suck!!!!!......had to cut my ID to allow the cap to fit, still leaks a bit, but not as bad
And it's worse if you have an '09 and it melts... :(

I'll add some more things they could change.
-The goofy "beak" at the front of the hood, if the nose cone fills with snow and freezes, the next morning you can't open the hood because that beak extends past the pivot point into that block of ice. The skinz help with this, but don't eliminate it. Annoying.
-The side panels. Enough said?
-Snowflap is a real finger pincher against the stock bumper.

we have four m's 06 m7 standard, 06m7 snopro, 09m1000 standard, 10m8 snopro. each year their better than the year before, but as others have pointed out still room to improve. imo the m's are the best choice for the riding we do.

S
Feb 21, 2009
m7 rocks

i like all three of mine except the primary clutch sucks.

Not much you can do to rebuild them. in four seasons I have bought 2 new primarys and attempted to rebuild the primary with a new spider and ended up buying a new clutch anyways

Quite impressed so far 4300 miles on original everything, but powerclaw track and still has solid compression and pulls like a raped ape.Reliability is next to none.Go arctic cat..

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
So far in the 2 months I've owned my 2009 M8 I've put almost 600 miles on it .... It's been doing pretty well for me to say the least :)

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
I really can't even put in to words how good the new M8 is. Incredible motor, awesome handling in deep snow, sips gas and oil, love the track and the handlebars, under seat storage is great. Only problems so far are the handlebars froze one day and the primary spring broke, but dealer has another one on the way. The ride on the trail is also kind of rough but I can live with that for as incredible as it performs on the mountain.

I don't understand how people riding the same sleds can see drastically different results. Just got back from IP and had dragons, XPs, REVs and the new M8. All around nothing could touch it. The M8 is actually my dad's, but after spending a day on it my REV is now for sale. Cat did a great job with this sled.

Premium Features