• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

R&D Custom Turbo Werx Explaination

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
So it seems like it is overdue to explain and re-explain what is going on here. The actual customers are my concerns and they have valid points to be vocal on the forums. I have explained to them personally by phone as to the delays a set backs. As far as the peanut gallery goes and from anyone who would never have bought a kit regardless of the circumstances you guys can go pack sand!! At this point anything I say will be twisted around to make it look like a horror show and if that's how some want to spend your worthless time---great. Get on it. I'm mentally and physically stronger than some of the remarks made lately. I spend my time trying to get parts and put together kits and not dream up ways to "steal people's money". I know I have a quality kit that performs and I need to get them out the door, period. When starting this business I never would have thought the demand would have been so great. That was the first mistake. I put a mental limit on myself. Other set backs have been previous partners and family issues and the obvious--parts. I run this by myself to have as much control over the build quality of the kits because I don't do good with sub standard parts and piss poor craftsmanship. Another lesson. I can't do it all myself. I have had to bring others in to help out in the fabrication and the business end of things so I can do what I know the best--test and tune (R&D). I can assure you if you were to take on an operation like this and decide to build only 1 kit you would make numerous changes before you were happy. With my anal attitude and goal for perfection that is what I was doing last season, to have a kit for this year. I admit again, I was not prepared with what was to come. I figured with the economy being in the shape it was people would be holding tight--not so. Yes I have learned a lot and will GROW from what I learned and be a better person because of it. All I can do is pick myself up and dust myself off and continue to build a quality kit that actually works like a turbo sled should and get the kits out asap. For anyone looking to throw down, get real. If that's what you feel you need to stoop to then get going on it. I just wonder how that will turn out for everybody involved?? I still might have enough redneck in me to go around. The spotlight has never been my game. I am always the guy who would rather listen and then speak. Instead of spouting off the ignorance we all have. A lot of that has been showing up lately. I'm glad I had to take the time and address this to everyone, after I already had to my customers. It's out there for everyone to read and twist around as they feel their mentality can deal with. It's unfortunate I let myself get caught up in the "Latest Snowest Drama" instead of spending my time on more productive things like trying to get parts lined up for kits.

Have fun bashing away.

Dave

i was going to order a kit from you, and i still might. But is this true about you not returning call or emails. if so that is just bad business. i own 2 businesses and run 3, i run a repair shop that i don't own if your wonderin. And i return calls within the day, i might have to work late because of it, but that is the cost of running a business, or 3. So i don't buy the whole "I SPREAD MYSELF TO THIN" gimmick. But to each his own. I'm not running you down or bashing you, but if all this is true about the lack of communicatons deal then something is wrong. Hope you can make everyone happy and produce a great kit, because if you do, i know i will own one. best of luck in your venture, it's never a easy one.

Alan

T
Feb 7, 2008
rapid city ,S.D
R&D

Well put Dave,I hope you can get caught up ,once you get some more kits on the snow the performance level of these sleds will speak for themselves.Please call me if you need a hand with anything,maybe when you get caught up we can do some more riding!(just no more hand stands over the bars sh**):cool::cool: Oh and just for you guys that think Dave is just running around and riding I can tell you he is one busy man.I usually ride w/him every weekend,but this year so far only once.

C

cs1006

Jan 1, 2008
i was going to order a kit from you, and i still might. But is this true about you not returning call or emails. if so that is just bad business. i own 2 businesses and run 3, i run a repair shop that i don't own if your wonderin. And i return calls within the day, i might have to work late because of it, but that is the cost of running a business, or 3. So i don't buy the whole "I SPREAD MYSELF TO THIN" gimmick. But to each his own. I'm not running you down or bashing you, but if all this is true about the lack of communicatons deal then something is wrong. Hope you can make everyone happy and produce a great kit, because if you do, i know i will own one. best of luck in your venture, it's never a easy one.

Alan
Most Importantly , dont forget that it does in fact reflect on the turbo industry as a whole.

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
I would love to go ride anytime. Need to get caught up first. I know you have been calling and you know how that worked out:(. Hell Kristi tried to call me last weekend when I was out of town and she had to send Nick a text to have me call her. That's bad when my own wife can't get me. Need to turn on the cell phone I guess.

Dave

Well put Dave,I hope you can get caught up ,once you get some more kits on the snow the performance level of these sleds will speak for themselves.Please call me if you need a hand with anything,maybe when you get caught up we can do some more riding!(just no more hand stands over the bars sh**):cool::cool: Oh and just for you guys that think Dave is just running around and riding I can tell you he is one busy man.I usually ride w/him every weekend,but this year so far only once.

L

lookup

Nov 26, 2007
sheridan wy
hope this forum doesn't rain on your parade too much, quality will speak for itself, i ordered a turbo kit this summer guy told me time and time again you will get it when you get it it ain't ready, didn't like hearing that one bit but it is what it is turbo kit was flawless so when yours is ready peps will be happy until then not so much have some Q's on your kit when you get a minute have a 2010 800x that i am going to turbo

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
That's great that your making this right with your customers Dave. But I have to disgree with calling out people that commented on the situation. It was your customers that told thier stories on a public forum. You let it get that bad no one else. It's good to see things are working out.:beer;

lighting a fire under peoples asses gets them moving a bit faster;)

Last edited:
D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
I was calling out the people who have no interest in the kits and would rather stoke the fire by continuing the bashing. There was verbal and physical threats made from others and that comment was for them. Nothing more than that.

Dave

That's great that your making this right with your customers Dave. But I have to disgree with calling out people that commented on the situation. It was your customers that told thier stories on a public forum. You let it get that bad no one else. It's good to see things are working out.:beer;

lighting a fire under peoples asses gets them moving a bit faster;)

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
thanks for the info dave,glad to hear it coming around,sad to hear you got cought with your pants down, so drop your c&ck pickup your socks and deliver your kits so the customer will be happy and the competition will be jealous.

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
I was calling out the people who have no interest in the kits and would rather stoke the fire by continuing the bashing. There was verbal and physical threats made from others and that comment was for them. Nothing more than that.

Dave

If you iron out the issues with the 860 BB, I might be looking at your kit for next season:beer;

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
The customer does not want to proceed with the 860 adventure and I will not either. I have found way too many issues with it to feel comfortable. I don't feel the expense is worth the gain. If you want more HP per pound of boost, we should be getting some testing on our ported cylinders soon after these kits go out the door.

Thanks for keeping us in mind.

Dave

If you iron out the issues with the 860 BB, I might be looking at your kit for next season:beer;

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
keep dreaming. dave hasn't sent it by now what makes you think you will ever get your turbo or money back. the odds are against you. it's obvious he doesn't even have a kit that is perfected or he would be shipping them out

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
Pretty sorry stuff here. Its now the tail end of janurary. At this rate you'll be lucky to get your stuff by next season.

Amazing how the top two posters in the doo forum have all pretty much disapeared. They should have spent time figuring out what they were doing instead of blowing hot air at snowesters.

If a guy owed me 5k and had my carbs i'd be at his doorstep.

Good luck on getting your money back or a kit. Sueing them wouldn't do anygood. you'll just loose more money and most likely they don't have any money to pay anyway.

Never would have guessed they would have been the PSI of the 09'-10' season.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Well, I spent some time looking around at 800r Turbo kits and thank god I didn't end up ensnared in this mess! He built a nice show kit, but if you take people's money, don't deliver mid-season and won't even return calls....yikes! The marketing push, then virtual silence pretty much tells the story. If you're not getting parts from suppliers, you've got lots of time to return calls IMO.

Sounds like an opportunity at hand for the other builders who can ship kits and return calls. I ended up doing a 1200 project this year, and I'm still considering waking up my 2008 XP next season if we get the 1200 shaken out sooner than later. Will keep watching how this plays out and what customer service reports are for the other builders.

Hope everybody gets their kits or cash back!!

Good Luck,

MD.

Cautiously Optimistic: I love to see new/small business succeed! But moreover, I hate to see customers frustrated.

Last edited:
D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
I spend any time on the forums people get pissed. I keep busy on kits and can't return calls and people are pissed. I return calls and people are pissed. I understand most of it, but WOW, I'm one guy. Maybe I'll spend more time on the forums pushing a kit that I'm *** deep in already. Most builders don't spend much time on the forums during the season because they are BUSY. The remaining kits will start shipping this week in the order they were ordered regardless of who had a fatter wallet at the time of purchase.

Dave

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
I love how you read what you want Trevor:confused:. I will be sending you money for your kit. As far as any promise to you, I'm not sure where you read that. You should be busy with your TP kits and I'm sure they will make you happy. Now please step off my thread and go vent on your's.

Dave

Really Dave???????? So wheres my money. If you had money to build kits, should be getting a email from paypal soon since thats one less kit you had to build. Hope this isnt another empty promise.

Trevor

Premium Features