• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

860 Big Bore Turbo Up And Running!!

Dbook

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Felkers ported shop sled cant run my 860 (customer proven)...not sure what this guy is saying...unless hes refering to another shops 860...which doesnt apply to me...BJ

By saying shop sled I take it you are refrencing Lynn's personal sled and I can gurantee you it did not easily out run his white sled. In fact I know of at least five Felker built single piped 800's. With similar chassis mods as the one your 860 is in that would gladly take the challenge.

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
Hmmm, well here is my input. (Not talking Turbo this and Turbo that)

My SHR 860 is, to say the least IMPRESSIVE.

I highly doubt ANY 800 mod build can stay with it.

I am at Cooke right now. Only one way to find out ;)

Customer Service and a proven product is Extremely hard to beat.

Big John's 860R will roll yer eyes back in yer skull, trust me on this.

W

wy-doo

Dam slim u cheater this year it is all you this year!!! getm dog

Dbook

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Denver, Colorado

Well there you go another customer verification without having seen any of the sleds involved. Must be true then!

T

Todd H

Nov 27, 2007
PTO cylinder has the plating stripped and about half gone:eek::eek:. This sled continues to haunt me:(. It's time to back door this project and get the 800 top end back on and verify the 860's specifics and then proceed---maybe:).

Dave

I've been following this thread. My question is: was this engine ever running properly to begin with. I mean was the jetting, clutching, etc prior to the turbo install? Has anything been done the timing? Just can't understand why this is such a nightmare. My 900 actually ran much better with the turbo, and it is an 800 kit from cpi.

I'd say there is something wrong with the 860, and this is a battle that you can't win with this particular motor. If it were up to me, owner should sell the 860, or trade for a stock 800 and go for it.

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
This 860 was built specific to the turbo as the first test mule 860 turbo. There have been set backs no doubt on this project, but after everything is addressed it should be good to go. 800 vs 860?? Time will tell. There are issues with the 860 that concern me, but I am up to the challenge of making this run if the customer wants to go that direction.

Dave

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
This 860 was built specific to the turbo as the first test mule 860 turbo. There have been set backs no doubt on this project, but after everything is addressed it should be good to go. 800 vs 860?? Time will tell. There are issues with the 860 that concern me, but I am up to the challenge of making this run if the customer wants to go that direction.

Dave

So, if the 860 was built specific for the Turbo, I would imagine then that the jetting was as per your request. So what caused the nikasil to flake?? Or did it lean out and the piston scuffed it?

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
The jetting was originally WAAAAY off. Not to my spec at all. It wasn't even close. The jetting is good now and not an issue. I have been packing my bore scope around when riding to keep an eye on things. The Mag side shows signs of being rich still. Small steps here though. The Mag side cylinder is also showing signs of the plating flaking at the top of the bore. Nobody's fault here but the plater's. I'm sure they will stand behind the plating as it is very obvious what is going on.

Dave

T

Todd H

Nov 27, 2007
If he really wants the 860, why not get it running prior to the turbo? I think the 860 with the turbo will out perform the 800, but for how long who knows. My 900 is pulling 10 mph more track speed than my 800. But, the 900 has replacement crankshop jugs, not bored out factory jugs.

Hope it works out.

J

jmoore

Dec 15, 2007
WYO
All I have been packing with me is extra fuel!!:D:Dhehe
4 days of waist deep fresh powder in the Snowies!!
The old girl was at 15psi several times today. Hold on tight!!:eek:
Anyone riding Cooke this last weekend??? How was the snow??

The jetting was originally WAAAAY off. Not to my spec at all. It wasn't even close. The jetting is good now and not an issue. I have been packing my bore scope around when riding to keep an eye on things. The Mag side shows signs of being rich still. Small steps here though. The Mag side cylinder is also showing signs of the plating flaking at the top of the bore. Nobody's fault here but the plater's. I'm sure they will stand behind the plating as it is very obvious what is going on.

Dave

G
Apr 23, 2008
Heavy snows here yesterday too !!!
200 miles of 12-16 psi big power and fun !!!!!

gotta love the boosted trail toys !

Carbed RT promod was on the ice for shakedowns thursday,, you can't even get your heads around that launch !!
It hurts to launch that sled even at just 8 psi launch boost.

Fun times are coming.. gotta go plow the ice now...

Gus

Not one person at the newyears gathering would openly admit to having an 860 kit,, the others were to busy wondering why they bothered..LOL

More and more are realizing for the time we get to ride, its more fun to run 100 ll and boost ..

Premium Features