• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

509 Films????

IFlyEm

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2008
Temecula, CA
I ordered an Evolution Helmet and Sinister Goggles 2 weeks ago. The site said the expected ship date was Oct 12. That didn't happen. My card was debited the amount for the purchase the night I made it. I have sent a a message via the web site last week and have heard nothing back. :confused:

Does anyone know any contact information for 509?

Last edited:
S

sled-fiend

Nov 27, 2006
Victoria, BC
www.raintek.ca
His name on the forum is 03rmking:beer; I've dealt with him lots and never once a problem.;) I believe he is running around doing snow shows which is probably why he hasn't got back to ya. Give it a little more time, he'll make it right.

F

firecatguy

Nov 26, 2007
End of the Road!!
got my helmet on friday..Hold tight he said all helmets were shiped last wen....

on another note I just sent Tom an email as my helmet is way too big...xl not same xl as hjc

IFlyEm

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2008
Temecula, CA
I'm not bashing anyone. I am simply trying to figure out how to get a hold of someone at 509 to ascertain the status of my order.

I never said Tom wasn't a stand up guy.

But I have been burned before buying from a small distributor and I do get a little nervous when I have spent $300 and can't get a hold of the who I paid it to.

Last edited:

IFlyEm

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2008
Temecula, CA
got my helmet on friday..Hold tight he said all helmets were shiped last wen....

on another note I just sent Tom an email as my helmet is way too big...xl not same xl as hjc

Good news for me. I wear a XXXL HJC and XXL in other manufactures. I am hoping his XXL is big enough. Did you get the Matte? How did you find out that yours was shipped? My order still says pending.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
PM him...

Lots of people come on these threads with tiny little post counts and start bashing vendors...you have three posts to your name and all three are in this thread you started...

509 is a great company, making insanely great stuff...Right now is sled show season, and they are busting their butts running around the western US etc. doing teh shows...

People have been getting their helmets, and gear in the last couple days...Dont stress it, they will get you your stuff...

IFlyEm

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2008
Temecula, CA
I have 3 posts on SnoWest. That is probably because I am in Wisconsin and don't do any mountain sledding. Just a guess. :rolleyes: I am not new to other forums. And I know they have a great product. That's why I ordered it. ;)

T&A1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Craig, Colorado
My wife ordered mine on the 19th of september and I just got it yesterday. It was worth the wait, the helmet is BAD A$$. Don't panic, it'll show up in a few days!!:beer;:beer;:beer;

IFlyEm

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2008
Temecula, CA
Sweet! Thanks. I did find another thread that said he was working on the pending orders. I will give him another week or so.

Did you get glossy or matte?

T&A1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Craig, Colorado
Sweet! Thanks. I did find another thread that said he was working on the pending orders. I will give him another week or so.

Did you get glossy or matte?

Matte!! Think I'm gonna order another set of goggles too and maybe the black and orange helmet.

IFlyEm

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2008
Temecula, CA
Sweet! I ordered the matte with carbon fibre goggles. I also added the polarized brown lenses.

How is the seal between the goggles and helmet? Does the nose piece seal well with the helmet? Any leaks?

holman6336

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Odessa/Spokane WA
The seal between the goggles is AWESOME!!! There is a small gap right at the corners of the helmet, but that could be because I had to get a XXL helmet. I honestly don't think I'll have to wear anything to protect my face this year, I'm really impressed with it...can't wait to try it on the snow!!!

H

hiflight

Dec 5, 2007
Idaho
I ordered a pair of Sinister Goggles on the 2nd of Oct. (Friday) they arrived on the 16th of Oct. (Friday) only two weeks, not bad for a busy time of the year.

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
Hey guys, yes its snow show season and i just got back from puyallup (2am). I know i have alot of emails and phone messages to catch up on. So its a couple hours of rest and back at it all monday. Almost all helmets have shipped and more go out tommorrow and all week as new orders roll in. Thanks for the patience.

Ifly, i'll get you an update monday

J

JJC

Mar 9, 2009
509 xxl

Any idea how the XXL compares in size to the HJC XXL?
I have trouble with helmets fitting me.I wear xxl hjc,just received my xxl 509 on friday it fits perfect.Very comfortable.:face-icon-small-hap

C
Jan 24, 2009
Labrador, Canada
I ordered my goggles the end of Sept and got them last week, they had to cross the border though and I screwed up ordering them (clicked too fast and put in the wrong province). Either way, love them, thinking I'm going to have to order another set.

Premium Features