• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SPOT Tracker

M

mgcm1000

Mar 6, 2009
West Bountiful,Utah
Anybody use one of these? How reliable are they? My wife and I ride alone mostly and it seems like this would be a good investment if it does everything they say.

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
I use one and like the novelty of being able to return home and see my tracks more than anything. Hope I never need the 911 feature but if I do it's just one more chance of getting out and home safe to the family.

And you never know when somebody else gets hurt and you can save them too.:face-icon-small-hap

BTW: there is a new version out now.
http://findmespot.com/en/

M
Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Use one hunting and love it. Infact i got a text about an hour ago from my spot. My dad is using it in nevada on his deer hunt. Short message saying "Doing Good" and his GPS cordinates. We love it! its just peace of mind

M

mgcm1000

Mar 6, 2009
West Bountiful,Utah
Thanks for the info, I've been following the forum for about a year now and figured this would be the best place to get a review. Seems like a whole lot of stand up people with alot of experience -- hope to meet up and ride with a few this season. Looks like the Spot will be the next purchase.

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
Thanks for the info, I've been following the forum for about a year now and figured this would be the best place to get a review. Seems like a whole lot of stand up people with alot of experience -- hope to meet up and ride with a few this season. Looks like the Spot will be the next purchase.

Can't go wrong with SPOT.
Just too bad you didn't take advantage of the Free Offer.
Just had to sign up for 2 yrs of service and it was yours FREE.;)

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
I've had one for 2 years. I have learned how to use it in most situations. I really like it.

That said, wait to buy one. They have a new unit coming out that addresses a lot of the quirky issues the original one has.

sled_guy

Premium Features