• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07/08 M1000 ECU Update Testing Results

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
After spending the last few nights on the updated ECU setup for the 2007 and 2008 M1000s I can say that it IS an upgrade.

What I found is the fuel delivery is much cleaner and consistant. It gets rid of the backfire issue on the 2007 and the lean midrange of the 2008. No bogs or hiccups and seems really linear.

I tested it in the stock configuration, as it was intended and found that the sled pulled harder and more consistant throughout the RPM range.

I know the guys at Arctic Cat have spent a LOT of time on this upgrade and you have to remember that it was set up for elevation and for a stock sled. For that application it is leaps and bounds better than the stock ECU programming, not to mention the dismal 2007 upgrade.

Take your sled in and get it done. Especially if you are still under warranty, because the aftermarket warranty providers will check with Arctic Cat to verify all service bulletins have been preformed before aproving claims.

I have a whole bunch more information regarding various other configurations. If you have questions just PM me and Ill get back to you as soon as I can.

:D

D

doornenbal

Dec 3, 2007
Can you post the actual letter they posted I can't find it to see what it says. Will the reflash only be done if the sled is on warrenty???? mine is off

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
Can you post the actual letter they posted I can't find it to see what it says. Will the reflash only be done if the sled is on warrenty???? mine is off

My warrenty was out and I got mine relashed. So far i'm happy. But I have a BD box on and some mods.

G
Mar 27, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
Just called my dealer, and they said that if i'm running an aftermarket can, only thing i need to do is bring in my ecu, and they'll flash it. Is this true, arent there other updates not dealing with the can? if so is it really anything i need to worry about? The ECU update is really my biggest concern, but if theres anything else that will be an improvement, i want that too.

Ken Climb

Premium Member
Its a MUST if your running a turbo on your 07/08 m1000. My friend has a boondocker m1000 and it ran so so. As soon as he got the new update done it runs like a totally different sled! Clean crisp and a lot more responsive. Kudo's to A/C for coming through!

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
Just called my dealer, and they said that if i'm running an aftermarket can, only thing i need to do is bring in my ecu, and they'll flash it. Is this true, arent there other updates not dealing with the can? if so is it really anything i need to worry about? The ECU update is really my biggest concern, but if theres anything else that will be an improvement, i want that too.

I had the reflash done and the dealer gave me all the rest of the parts. I don't think i will use any of them though. I have it piped/can/BDX intake so they don't help much.

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
If you have a stock intake you will want to have that part of the up-date.

Last edited:
J

John Peck

Jan 9, 2008
Pierre
Racinstation is right, Get it done. I ride a 2007 and my buddy rides a 2008 m1000 and we both had it done and it made a world of difrence. I run a y-pipe and can and the rest is stock. Hopfully this will help sombody. I am also out of warranty and dealer still did it. So at least check with them.:D

G
Mar 27, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
got the update, havent been out riding yet, but it soes seem like its idleing a little higher, and more consistent. my 07 used to idle between 1400 and 1800. now seems to be sitting right aroun 1950. but seems alot better so far, will be riding tomorrow, and we'll see how it goes. Hope my results are as well as what i've been hearing.

otist

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
i have a slp pipe set and boon docker box still think i should get the up date and will i have to change the settings?

Premium Features