• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Old Phazers

H
Nov 26, 2007
Back in Idaho
I know that Tireburner used to ride his old Phazers up till about a year or two ago. Fun little sleds and no one *****ed about helping you get unstuck. They fit perfectly for the type of riding we liked.

/Haven't seen Tireburner around here lately.

L
Nov 26, 2007
Grand Forks BC Canada
Anyone still ride the old Phazer 2s around?

lets see some pics.

Also has anyone modded one? I'd like to see some mods.

This is a fun Phazer;

85Phazer.jpg

360lbPhazer.jpg

F
Dec 20, 2007
Go into my profile page and look at the photo album of my sons Phazer.

Thats one sweet phazer. We have two of them, both with aaen pipes, and a few other little things. I'd like to know more about what you did to it, I was kinda wanting to do something to one of ours as a project.

matt

G

Gimpster

Have to scan some old 35mm pictures to post of those. Used to run them back in the mid to late 80's.
Had two one year. 1800 miles on one and 1400 on the other in one season. Rode them in the black hills almost every weekend

----- Gimpster -----

S
Feb 3, 2009
We ride them around the cabin or for guest, one has a ancient psi pipe and it surprises me every now and then. A lot fun and they seem to take all the abuse you can give them.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
the old phasers are sweet units, we've had a few over the years. my dad had a modded one when i was a youngster, way back, i don't even remember nothin about it. the last one we had a couple years ago was a fun little ditch banger but it was pretty hammered. the bulkhead was busted up front so there was a piece of tie wire tied from strut to strut to keep everything held in place, the skis looked like they hated each other cuz they was both pointing different directions, and it lost a cylinder so we tore down the bad side and measured the piston to order a piston kit and we bought a hole topend kit to freshen up both sides then when we tore the other side apart to replace it we found out one piston was a different size. i guess the people we got it from wanted slightly more displacement but not much more:confused:. anywho we replaced the bad piston and let the ditch banging re commense, i think it even had a psi pipe on it to. oh and if ya pull the windshield off and tilt the bars forward it makes them look fast.

Last edited:
P
Nov 5, 2008
soldotna/AK
Hey KrazyKen that Phazer is the nicest Phazer I've seen. What tunnel do you have on it? Or is it custom made?

Aaron thanks for posting my POS machines! ha ha see you around.

Longtrack156, that Phazer doesn't even look like a Phazer anymore! Sure looks fun though.

Anyone do any suspension mods to the rear? Also what track will fit without different drivers?

Thanks everyone.
(POWDER)-out

Last edited:
K
Nov 27, 2007
Washington
There's a guy around here that still rides one and no one who knows anything would hesitate to go on any back country ride with him. I think it has a longer track and is geared down some.

Just think how dialed in you would be if you had been on the same sled since 1985!

Jeb

K
Feb 8, 2005
Yakima, Wa
Phazer

The tunnel is pretty much a VE Boondocker, but it is a custom that we only built 2 of them to date.
The track is a 144 Camo that I cut down to 1 1/2" paddles to clear with the stock drivers. I didnt' want to much bite anyway with that motor. Custom rail extensions. There's more info available if you go into my albums in my profile.

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
The tunnel is pretty much a VE Boondocker, but it is a custom that we only built 2 of them to date.
The track is a 144 Camo that I cut down to 1 1/2" paddles to clear with the stock drivers. I didnt' want to much bite anyway with that motor. Custom rail extensions. There's more info available if you go into my albums in my profile.

That is one proud little man!
Good on you. Be proud of what you've shared with him.

Premium Features