• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Uploading video help

I have a Sony Handycam dcr-dvd610 and i cant get it to download onto my computer (HP). I can get it to play the video just cant transfer it to a file where i can put it on my photobucket account. Any help would be great. I know im kinda pissin in the wind but may somebody knows.

Thanks

A
Nov 26, 2007
Heyburn Idaho
try restarting your computer then when its up and running your cord is connected to the camcorder turn it on and you should get a screen like this. Or it will show the new device in lower right tool tray you can click on it and open it.
untitled.jpg

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
If it's got USB, there's probably drivers .... err... wait...

....Are you putting the DVD into the computer and playing it that way? You'll need a DVD ripper (I use Handbrake, Mac only though) to do it that way.

Other option, probably preferred... would be to get a Firewire cable (if your computer has firewire/IEEE1394/iLink) and some software (probably have windows movie maker or something similar already) and import the video that way.

Premium Features