• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Uninstalling Office Vista to Install Office XP+++

L
Oct 11, 2001
Butte, MT
you might want to try uninstalling WINDOWS Vista and reinstalling WINDOWS XP instead of office :D

If you want any data that is on your machine save it off to an external drive or burn it to a cd. Make sure you have all the disks to reinstall the software that you want to keep that is on your machine. If you don't have a drivers disk for your system you might want to download all the drivers from the manufacturers website and burn it to disk before you format your machine. Then format, put in the windows xp install disk and reboot! When your install is finished put in your drivers disk, reinstall your programs, and copy your data back to your machine.

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Did you guys even read the title? He wants to install OFFICE(XP Edition), not Windows XP.

Go to Start | Control Panel | Programs | Classic View(upper left corner of window) | Programs and Features. Find Microsoft Office in the list, right click it and then click uninstall. Follow the instructions, Restart the computer after it is uninstalled.

After your computer boots up, put in the Office XP disc, popup should come up on the screen, click Autoplay or install(whatever it is), follow the instructions to install it, should be pretty straight forward. Restart computer after it's done.

All set! :)

On a side note there's nothing wrong with Vista besides the fact that it is a memory and processor hog. You gotta have a good machine to run it well. Machines with 1GB RAM, 1.6 Ghz processors and such should NEVER have Vista on them. Microsoft is shoving it down all the OEM's throats though.

W
Nov 21, 2007
shortstop20, thank you, that was what I thought. My new laptop only came with trial versions and the Vista Word sucks. I hate it, so no way would I buy it when I already bought XP.

Again, thanks all.

Maybe it's just me, or the machine I run it on or whatever, I've run Vista for about 6 -8 months now and not had a single problem. Also run Vista Office with no complaints. This is so much better than previous versions there's no comparison. XP had it's share of problems when it 1st came out too, everyone worked thru it.

Anyway, ShortStop is dead on right, it should uninstall and allow you too install Office XP n o problem.....

Premium Features