• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Straightened right out...

JungleJim

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
I checked the G4 175 rails out today on the 2019’s... and they have straightened them right out. No more tip up at the end like the ‘18’s. The rationale is it is supposed to help give more ski pressure. Hope it doesn’t screw up their ability to reverse as I used it a lot to back up in deep snow and go around trees due to pilot error.
424f738ad48039a7e0f1580da5f55f4b.jpg
18ebbd30932bbb969d4743ee3ec357ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Yours is a straighty now where as it used to be an uppy!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
I checked the G4 175 rails out today on the 2019’s... and they have straightened them right out. No more tip up at the end like the ‘18’s. The rationale is it is supposed to help give more ski pressure. Hope it doesn’t screw up their ability to reverse as I used it a lot to back up in deep snow and go around trees due to pilot error.
424f738ad48039a7e0f1580da5f55f4b.jpg
18ebbd30932bbb969d4743ee3ec357ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 100% with you in wanting reversing to be as easy as possible but not at the cost of performance.

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
Rails bent up

The rails where tipped up for the trails. Less track on the snow when traveling at high speeds = more top speed. Also for cornering less drag on hard pack trails. Ask all the guys with aftermarket skids how they do in revers they will be just fine. Only thing you will notice is increase in hyfax wear at the rear for guys with miles of trail riding to get to the alpine.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
They will just make the ski keel an other 2" bigger so you can still steer it on hardpack:face-icon-small-win What ever it takes -- snowmobile marketing.

Seen many a mod sled build that can only go straight up and are horrible to ride for anything else ---- never seen to many guys take there pro hillclimb bike on a trail ride. Food for thought now I will duck:peep:

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Uhh, the tipped up rails do what was said above, but it also has a huge effect on transfer. Glad to see Doo making an effort to get rid of the wheelie. I bent the rails on my 2017 after hitting a hole at speed, bent them right where the factory bend was, it was crazy how much difference it made in handling. I could wheelie everywhere.

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
If you want reverse performance......try Dynamo Joe's clutch kit. That low engagement is great for creeping along forward....but also fantastic for reverse. Night and day vs stock. Very polaris like!!!! :face-icon-small-coo

OTM

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Are you guys really talking about reverse performance? Wow. Reverse is used when backing off the deck. Never after that until the next ride. I am very happy that Doo is finally working to get rid of the Doo wheelie.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Fact is the Polaris suspension is simply a copy of the Holz suspension( I believe they bought that skid from HRP and put it in the pro and on) It was and probably is the best suspension geometry going, I used it in all my mod sleds it simply worked phantastic. Doo skids are playful and all but even with good shocks they never really allow for much adjustment. That skid really has not seen much change for a long time ( besides T motion) and even when it was new it was not all that great.
So make the rails straight is a bandaid. It will never match the way the Holz/ Polaris skid gets on the snow. Yes, I ride a 850 doo but some things are simply better on other sleds.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
If you want reverse performance......try Dynamo Joe's clutch kit. That low engagement is great for creeping along forward....but also fantastic for reverse. Night and day vs stock. Very polaris like!!!! :face-icon-small-coo

OTM

LOL!

Reminds me of when I had a 580 Doo and my chum was following along with an 600 XLT. I could torque out of a hole, but when we'd try it on the tippple, it preferred to just dig a grave. That little tripple wouldn't have had any jazz even if it did engage lower anyhow, so ...

For better luck in Reverse in deep snow - bungie your flap up. (or just take it off)

Premium Features