• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Klim warranty sucks

C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
not complaining about warranty

I am not complaining about the warranty, since my issue wasn't the warranty but what happens if you knock a zip off your zipper.? Missing zipper turned my bibs to chaps.

You want to take the chaps and return them to bibs function.

To solve my problem I needed to buy a zip somewhere.

KLIM CHAPS

I tried to get a zip from KLIM to fix my bibs and there is nothing you can do to get KLIM to sell you or direct you to a source to acquire a zip.

Currently sourcing some zips from Motorfist to repair my KLIM gear. They offered to send me some to save my KLIM gear.

I am disappointed that KLIM popped my service bubble over a stupid zip.

I am glad they didn't give me a new pair since I didn't deserve that solution. It would not have been fair in my situation.

Currently if it wasn't for Motorfist helping me out ( only bought 3 of their items, sold one due to sizing.) I would have a set of chaps.

Leather gloves are a bitch and I have issue with leather gloves getting wet. The leather seems to soak up water?

I also have a problem since one of my grip heaters is out and once they get wet and cold your day gets much longer.

Just adding an opinion on service after the sale.

Last edited:
C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
Face it if Klim was so bad why is Everyone I mean Everyone! wearing it? I love my Klim stuff Just hope nothing changes now since Polaris Bought the Company..:whoo:
if everyone jumped off a cliff what would that just justify?

KLIM = quality gear and perceived support and service after the sale.

I love my KLIM gear = real quality!

GolfPineAcres

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2008
Yes sucks for sure. Just sent in pair of boots in third season, left foot was getting damp. Brand new pair is current boots showed up today.
a9y4a7u5.jpg

This is great customer service!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now the boot thing I cannot believe. I had a pair of Adrenalines that after a 1.5 years the rubber coating over the toes cracked to heck. Sent pics and asked the question. A very rude and abrupt "No Bueno" "Boots will tend to wear like that and they tend to get beat up by the running boards on the sled" in short not our problem.

However, 2nd season on Keeweenaw bibs the zipper pull disappeared. That they covered. Which was great but big difference between a $200 pair of boots and a $5 zipper pull.

rattlesnake

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
Prosser Washington
Klim just say no

Bought a new pair of Klim gloves wore them 3 times palms cracked out sent them in for warranty they said they had been abused must have been those handle bar grips or maybe the warmers. Think twice buy once, don't make the same mistake I did!

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Gloves and jacket

I've bought Klim gloves and a jacket. I ride hard and the gloves are getting old. They are worn so bad the leather is near worn out in the palms. Never had a stitch come apart! They have been soaked on a warm day because of wet snow with a ton of stucks. Other than that, I'm impressed. I currently have a claim into them for a seal break on the breast pocket on my Valdez parka. I rode 3 times and I noticed it. The jacket still looks like it was just purchased. I told them I couldn't sacrifice the jacket mid season and they said no prob. Reason is... they want a pic of it cut in half? Send me a new one and let me give it to someone less privileged. I wear Slednecks pants and Airwalk boots. I use whats best for me where I need it!

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Remember... Klim loves feed back!

I say... If you are having a problem with warranty, email Porsche Bauer @ pbauer@klim.com. Just re-start the warranty process with her. If it is a justifiable warranty, I believe you'll be cover. Cheers!

tjcatman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Greenville Ca.
KLIM Bibs

So last year I was riding with my KLIM bibs on and fell off of the side of my snowmobile. Lower pant hit the B&M board and shredded like I put them in a meat grinder. I did the warranty sheet on the KLIM web page, received a return number with a statement that the repair would cost approximately $100.00. I expected to pay for the repair as this was 100% my fault. Sent in the bibs and three days later I received a call from a lady at KLIM. Wish I would have got her name but didn't. Any way she tells me the membrane on the bibs was complete destroyed, which I already knew, and that they wouldn't repair them and that they were just going to send me a new pair. I couldn't believe it but received the new pair today. I couldn't be happier with KLIM and would have never expected to get a new pair when it was something that was may fault. Just my awesome experience with KLIM! Also have their boots and jackets which have been 100% awesome as well.

Premium Features