• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 BDX Pro-Lite!!!

D

DYEMAN

Banned
Feb 21, 2008
2015 940 prolite

I Order a pro lite from Kevin , no previous contact ! So here goes , his shop is a 9 hr drive ? So arrangements were made to meet in Denver with transport , 10 min deal , unload , load in my trailer . Kevin text me that the other units he got needed tracks adjusted and skis . After fueling 40/1 , ran the engine until temps were up to 140 deg shut down , waiting for a snow call ? After I put it on its side in the shop , I discover some very small pin hole leaks in gas tank , text Kevin and along with tracking number four days later I had a new tank ? I've had two turbos , if I had rode this sled first ,I would not have purchased 2010 800 m/c , 2013 pro Rmk , it's fun , it's lite and it's fast , I did put a set of stock Polaris ski on it ! Kevin is a good dealer , quick to respond and that's a real plus for me ! My friends I sled with wanted to want to pull the trigger ( wow ) they nearly crap their pants , they loved it ! So with only 76 miles on it and Christmas Vacation starting tomorrow ??????

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Lets clear up this.

The last thing I think is that Alaskans are Cheap. I was just giving some of my Alaska buddies crap. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

As far as warranty goes just like anywhere else it a parts warranty not a I will come fix it warranty for 90%. But if need be guess that is what we would do. As far as tuning in Alaska its a little different but not huge. And if and when I sell one up there I will personally fly up and tune it but I know it will not be needed. We sell 5 or 6 a year to Iceland and my map works great there as it does in Colorado to Michigan. I have to admit I have to give Bikeman and Power commander a HUGE thanks for that. The most reliable and consistent Kits I have ever seen.

you are from idaho, so you wouldnt really know what I was talking about. MMSports was saying that he could not get anyone to buy one of these bdx prolites in alaska because alaskan's are cheap, and I was saying alaskan's move on a different tune than others. most people get paid good/great up here and have the disposable money to buy these kinda sleds but most would rather buy and build themselves. good for you that you bought a prepackaged mod sled with warranty.

with that said, how would a warranty work in alaska beings that there are no prolite dealers up here to do the service work? would you take it to cat? send it to MMSports?

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Havent been on in a couple of days. I had no idea my post had any heat to it, bassackwards is simply a shorter way of saying "heres another way to look at it"............ here in Idaho.

Idaho or Alaska, I hope all sledding is done on "disposable income". I have six kids and all of them have their own sleds. Add my awesome wife and we pack eight out the door to the hill several times a year. That's AFTER the bills are paid and dinner is over with.

As far as your question on how I would handle warranty if I lived in Alaska....

Last Saturday my 15 yr old daughter caught a rock dropping into a gulley while observing a coyote on her grandpas ranch. She wiped out a-arms and shock and a little misc. I texted Kevin late and let him know we had plans to ride Thurs. and I had no time to come to him. Mon. at 8:00 he calls to confirm parts in box and see if I need anything else after tear down before he drops it in the mail. Wed the box hits the porch and by noon we have her ready and loaded in the trailer just in time for basketball practice.

This is the same service and process I have on my prolite.

My one and only point which I obviously phrased poorly before is that the Prolite has been by far my best bang for the buck in sleds I've ever had.

Kevin has always gone over the top for me. He has helped me get back together when Ive been in Wyoming, Montana, ID or UT. Ive had some great conversations in his shop with guys down from Canada and Nebraska and too many places to count who dropped in for a little tune or a great deal. I've watched him load up the truck for AK as well.

Again, sorry If my previous post was offensive, that was not my intention.

Premium Features