• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CYCLOPS OPTIMUS LONG RANGE L.E.D. LIGHTING SYSTEM...OUT-PERFORMS H.I.D.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
logo1.png

Long Range LED Auxiliary lighting

These new Lights have just been released...

Long Range LED lights. LED's have long been known to be very bright but not to really give much as far as distance.

That changed last year with our new PENETRATOR series Led Light bars.

The new Long-Range out perform that mark greatly :face-icon-small-sho
This light has now won many Motorcycle races and have proved to be extremely reliable.

Now we are introducing the CYCLOPS OPTIMUS LONG RANGE LIGHTING in a 10 deg. beam they are good for 660 ft of true useable light with only a 10 watt power draw.

That is less than TWO amps for two lights!... Run them off the FUSED connector in your Polaris PRO-RIDE Accessory power wire and keep the safety of the factory installed fuse!

I am very impressed with these small 3 inch lights in quality and performance...

Truly an evolution of our LED lighting technology and available to the public.

I have not seen any LED light even come close to the distance these can throw light.

They are available in 10 and 20 degree beams with 40 deg coming in a few months.

For now, Black is the only available color but grey,white and chrome are coming soon.(additional cost for chrome)

This is by far the longest throw, lowest power usage Light available.

Don't be fooled with Lumen claims.. Lumen ratings really mean nothing in real world performance.

Here is a link to the product on our site.

http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/?page=products&id=182

Lifetime warranty:bounce:

• Only 3.5" Tall (about the same size as a typical "post-it" sticky-note)
  • 693' of Usable Light from 10-watt LED
  • Proprietary IRIS Reflector Technology
  • Prime Drive Technology Thermal Management
  • Dimming Capabilities
  • Narrow, Wide, and Flood Beams
  • IP-68 Waterproof
  • Single is 620 grams
  • Double is 1100 grams. (for ref. a pound is 454 gr)

Note on weight: If a high performance LED does not have a bit of weight to it there will be an issue.
    1) Performance LED lights create a lot of heat.
    2) If a light does not have enough heat sink material (copper) it will eventually over heat and have thermal breakdown.
    This is very common with many low priced LED lights

Pricing:

Long Range Single - $139
Long Range Single KIT (2ea lights w/Wiring Harness) - $259

Long Range Dual - $239
Long Range Dual KIT (2ea lights w/Wiring Harness) - $459

picture.php

Last edited:

cappy23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 13, 2011
So how do these compare to the solstice hid?I was planning on buying the battery powered hid this yr

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
So how do these compare to the solstice hid?I was planning on buying the battery powered hid this yr

They put out almost the same amount of light, the LR LED will not be a helmet mount. The Solstice is still King in helmet mounted lights.
Thanks for asking.

cappy23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 13, 2011
Solstice hid

Do you know if there will be a cyclops booth set up at the sled show in Edmonton? It just saves on shipping, if not I'll order from the we site

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Do you know if there will be a cyclops booth set up at the sled show in Edmonton? It just saves on shipping, if not I'll order from the we site

Sorry we will not be in Edmonton, give me a call 253 520 3437 and I can set up a decent discount to help with shipping cost.

natedawgedog

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2011
dlg ak
Just out and not even on our site yet.
Long Range LED lights. LED,s have long been known to be very bright but not to really give much as far as distance. That changed last year with the Penatrator series. These lights have now won many Motorcycle races and have proved to be extreemly reliable.
Now we are introducing the Optimus Long Range Aux lights. in a 10 deg. beam they are good for 660 ft of usable light with only a 10 watt power draw.
I am very impressed with these small 3 inch lights, I have not seen any LED light even come close to that distance.
Retail priced at 139.95 ea with a lifetime warranty, also available in sets.

Photos to come

anymore info on this new light? i cant seem to find any info on it on your website and have been waiting for you to post pics and more info

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
he is a photo of the light, still working on beam shots and a few details before thay go on the site. I can set you up now with a PM or phone call.
They are available in 10 and 20 degree beams with 40 deg coming in a few months. right now Black is the only available color, grey,white and chrome coming soon.

This is by far the longest throw, lowest power usage Light available.
Dont be fooled with Lumen claims.. Lumen ratings really mean nothing in real world performance.

Lifetime warranty

- Only 3.5" Tall
- 693' of Usable Light from 10-watt LED
- Proprietary IRIS Reflector Technology
- Prime Drive Technology Thermal Management
- Dimming Capabilities
- Narrow, Wide, and Flood Beams
- IP-68 Waterproof
- Starting at only $139 for Long range Single.
- Available as 2 Light Set with Wiring Harness
Here is the single
opblack.jpg

Here is the double
longrangedbl.jpg

Pricing:
Long Range Single - $139
Long Range Single Kit (2 qty. Long Range Single lights with Wiring Harness) - $259

Long Range Dual - $239
Long Range Dual Kit (2 qty. Long Range Dual lights with Wiring Harness) - $459

All pricing for Black, Grey or White. Chrome is additional.

Last edited:
S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
Off Road Rider,

I am impressed with your comment to the Solstice. I have sold them for sometime. I like the weight, stand alone battery kit.

But I also like Rigid's new compact series. check them out also.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Off Road Rider,

I am impressed with your comment to the Solstice. I have sold them for sometime. I like the weight, stand alone battery kit.

But I also like Rigid's new compact series. check them out also.

Thanks Spook
You should compare the new Long Range Optimus to the Ridged. in a nutshell there is no comparison. One look at the optics and the knowledge that we use XML emitters in both the long range and NXG series tells the story.
The New Long range LED's will easily outperform the Ridged products, as will our next generation LEDs and Penetrator line.

Last edited:

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
What are the weights on the single and double?

The single is 620 grams the double is 1100 grams.
for ref. a pound is 454 gr

a note on weight. If a high performance LED does not have a bit of weight to it there will be an issue.
Performance LED lights create a lot of heat, If a light does not have enough heat sink material (copper) it will eventually over heat and have thermal breakdown. This is very common with many low priced LED lights

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
New photos

You say you need better light on your sled, truck or Adv Bike??

Here the markers are at 100 ft intervals. the trees are 350 ft...

Remember only a 10 watt draw!

All L.E.D.'s are not equal.

Good bye HID's

I think we need a bigger field. LOL.

SINGLE BEAM
Spot-01.jpg

DOUBLE BEAM
Spot-02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
those look slick, i will be useing them for sure with a homade headlight delete. on a side note where does a guy find a led tail light. preferrably very small and still uses the brake function? was thinking just a walmart one from the trailer section but they arent quite what im looking for

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
those look slick, i will be useing them for sure with a homade headlight delete. on a side note where does a guy find a led tail light. preferrably very small and still uses the brake function? was thinking just a walmart one from the trailer section but they arent quite what im looking for

Ive got a few LED tail light here, let me find or take a photo and get back to you..

Premium Features