• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Proclimb M153 on the scales (pic) 11lbs over the 11

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
WYo, and BC...I hear you guys and I know where you are coming from, after having such a reliable motor its nice not having to ever think about it..let alone actually worry about it..you guys have some tough choices to make for next winter....

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Not going to argue that polaris had a few motors go down but when you look at the numbers of how many they have sold its a very low percentage. We have had multiple cat motors blow around here this year. One guy that was being towed out had his complete primary clutch sitting in his lap with the crankshaft stub still stuck in it!

Everyone has a story!

This means nothing to us, we are the guys that find the problems that no one else does.

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
BC

--Economically speaking, just buy a 11 Pro and turbo it. Compared to a turboed 11 Pro, the 13 pro updates are relatively trick and not really noticeable. So for the price of a new 13 Pro, you could be well on your way to having a turboed 11. What is the difference if a motor blows what year it is if it is a 11, 12, or 13. Power will be about the same with the turbo anyway.

--Keep the 12 PC for peace of mind while in the backcountry doing your thing on the Pro.

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
If Fuji is going to be their new engine supplier, yeah......ummmm... I would probably sit out on a 13 till they got some miles. The last led engines they made were for the XLT, Ultra, and Storm back in the mid 90's. But who knows, maybe they got it all figured out for the 13 Pro(If in fact Fuji is the supplier)

--Maybe the new motor will be drop -in leftover surplus 900's

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
BC

--Economically speaking, just buy a 11 Pro and turbo it. Compared to a turboed 11 Pro, the 13 pro updates are relatively trick and not really noticeable. So for the price of a new 13 Pro, you could be well on your way to having a turboed 11. What is the difference if a motor blows what year it is if it is a 11, 12, or 13. Power will be about the same with the turbo anyway.

--Keep the 12 PC for peace of mind while in the backcountry doing your thing on the Pro.

Actually, for me having had a few serious lightweight sleds, I know how significant a sled that light is. If I bought an 11, I'd just take more weight off of it, like I did with my 11 cat. I've lost a bunch of weight, and that rotational mass lost is pretty big. When you jump a lot you really feel the difference in 10 or 20 lbs.

The 13 is probably the first sled I could just turbo without also needing to lose weight as well.

M
Nov 30, 2007
Snow Country
417 lbs! Wow! Cat has a long ways to go. It won't be till 2014 before we see a cat anywhere near this weight stock. Cat def doesn't care about weight at all.n The 2012 is heavier than the 2011, how is that ok? Retarded! They put the biggest, heaviest, stainless steal silencer on a MTN sled! I'm sorry, but I don't think the guys designing these cat sleds are real MTN snowmobilers. Just some guys that hate the cold and think we all sit down when we ride. Flat landers that are prob scared to go off trail and ride around with a one off those big long hi-jacks on there running boards cause there scared to get stuck.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
If I had a $1 for every time BCIL & WYOBOY tell us how hard they ride.....

I would snow check a 1100t, a poo pro and another PC800 and turbo that too!

This means nothing to us, we are the guys that find the problems that no one else does.

Fact is guys, if you ride that hard, not saying you don't, but if you do you will bring out the weaknesses and flaws in every sled regardless of brand. Each one has it's weak points. If there was the perfect sled (strong and durable, featherlight, gobs of power, and 4stroke reliablility)it would be $17999 and we would all have one.

If u ride that hard just pick your poison and that's that. Rebuild a motor every yr(not all have to but u have to count on it for the #of miles and HOW HARD YOU RIDE) or fix pidilly stuff and slide a little farther downhill on the 60* slopes as u attempt a up hill u-turn(not a big deal generally but could be in some spots)

Have either of u "Greek gods of the back country" (or anyone else once Zues and Hercules have had a chance to answer) gotten to try the 38" arms yet? Wonder if that'll matter?

Now no red thumbs down. Just dishing it out it out a little and I really do value the input of EVERYONE who gets to put the time into this sport That I only dream of. Mostly I'm jealous that u live where u live and that I live in what is apparently decided to become a temperate climate where I can see my dog run away for three days!

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I would snow check a 1100t, a poo pro and another PC800 and turbo that too!

Fact is guys, if you ride that hard, not saying you don't, but if you do you will bring out the weaknesses and flaws in every sled regardless of brand. Each one has it's weak points. If there was the perfect sled (strong and durable, featherlight, gobs of power, and 4stroke reliablility)it would be $17999 and we would all have one.

If u ride that hard just pick your poison and that's that. Rebuild a motor every yr(not all have to but u have to count on it for the #of miles and HOW HARD YOU RIDE) or fix pidilly stuff and slide a little farther downhill on the 60* slopes as u attempt a up hill u-turn(not a big deal generally but could be in some spots)

Have either of u "Greek gods of the back country" (or anyone else once Zues and Hercules have had a chance to answer) gotten to try the 38" arms yet? Wonder if that'll matter?

Now no red thumbs down. Just dishing it out it out a little and I really do value the input of EVERYONE who gets to put the time into this sport That I only dream of. Mostly I'm jealous that u live where u live and that I live in what is apparently decided to become a temperate climate where I can see my dog run away for three days!

Hercules here...

Haven't had a chance to use the 38" arms I paid for 3 months ago... must because I'm so busy being awesome.

As to the sarcasm & snide remarks... get your azz out to the mountains & let's play. I ride EVERY weekend, from october to july... so yeah, I'm hard on stuff, and I jump (poorly), so I break stuff. More importantly, I ride with different people every weekend, and in different spots all the time, so I talk to TONS of folks, and I see a big cross section of what's going on & who's happy/ who's not.

I don't come on here talking about how good I am because I've got nothing to prove to you.. perhaps you've got me confused with someone else. I know I'm a solid, better than average rider (which mean that approximately 49.9% of riders are probably better than me :D) but I'm also humble enough to know I'm no Burandt.

What you're missing is simply that in CERTAIN situations (nobody seems to disagree with this that actually rides this terrain) the pro has a big advantage. Not ME on a pro... anyone on a pro. The arms finally showed up at the dealer, so I'll have them on for this next weekend & let people know what we think... but that doesn't fix the other issues people have had.

I'm not god's gift to riding, BUT I can say I ride WAY more than the average guy, and in relatively aggressive terrain, so I feel confident that I'm not just BSing people when I give my lame opinion.

On the other hand... some stupid poser flatlander calling me out....:face-icon-small-sho:nono: (for those thinking I'm being mean, it's in his sig, just giving him crap:director:)

btw, come on out some time man... you'll be able to keep up, but I'll show you a good time & a good beating! We've got great terrain & a million reasons why you'll NEVER want to go back to the midflatwest.

Last edited:
S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
What apparently got lost in my sarcastic remarks and snide(I prefer witty) comments is that I agree with you. B/c of how u ride u will bring out the flaws of the poo too. Some guys have zero issues with the pclimb, u do b/c of how u push it. Chance are same thing with the poo pro. If u jump(poorly or otherwise lol) 417lbs might not last long. The grass is greener right now b/c cat dropped the ball in some ways that some people consider deal breakers and some people consider 1st yr growing pains. The weight is weird tho. U would think no one could drop weight.

As far as coming out there, that might happen sometime. I can keep up, give me a day to get my legs under me and I do alright. Never been a jumper tho, not sure why but always struggled with it. We hit Cooke 2/18-2/24. Maybe WYOBOY will be there and be giving lesson! I will be the guy with the shinny orange proclimb with 15 miles on it! Lol!

Maybe I went too far....not trying to "call anyone out", just flapping cause I hate work and sneak on here whenever possible.

BCIL, u did say earlier u had to tow the Pclimb out once.....never heard why?!?

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
All this hype over a belt drive and boards that will chew your boots to shreds.... Yet no HP increase! Poo still stinks!!!!!!!!!:ranger:

Premium Features