• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Rt 1000

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
So is your box setup for and supposed to have 4 injectors.....?

the 1000 has 4 injectors, apparently the stock setup, they are kind of based off throttle positioning, so i know i had guys ask on another forum about how the box works, some boxes might just try to adjust fueling as with what injectors are on, but that dont work, so this box i guess, leaves the sled doing its own thing out of boost, but when boost kicks in the box takes over with all 4 injectors on, even for 1 pound of boost or 10,

but the guy whos been helping me out is sleding4life he has that tube'd up, red chrome'd 1000, and he runs the box, worked well for him all these years, and the time my sled ran before she blew up, it pretty much seemed flawless, fairly simple box to use, just got to adjust a few things to get er to run good at wot,

they go with the concept of, taking "jets" to fuel injection, you have your idle jet, main jet, and mid range jet???? , not too sure on all that, but it works and thats what matters

snow4shover

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Belgrade, Mt
The controller that he is using. Works just like he said. If the outside injectors are working then the box will be controlling the outer injectors. If the secondaries are firing then the box will be controlling those. Basically whatever injectors are firing the box will have the ability to alter those. Then once boost hit the turn on point to trigger the box to add extra fuel all 4 injectors will be firing. The box will have the main 4 zones that most turbos boxes have. The green will be like a pilot jet...the yellow will be the needle...the red will be the main jet....and the green/blue is boost fuel.

Most people in the past have just been trying to fuel this sled through the 2 primary injectors. This might be possible for 220 hp or 2-6 lbs of boost depending on the setup. I have also heard of people using a rising rate regulator or to try to get higher than the 220 mark. When you are WOT the sled is only running on 2 of the 4 injectors. That meant the other injectors are just sitting doing nothing. This is why we decided to plug into those as well.

We ran 10-15lbs on a garrett and now we are running 10lbs on an Aero. The sled is pretty crazy...too much for me. We don't have any video cause we can't keep a track under it. He is running the 3 in Camo and we keep tearing lugs off the track. We will hopefully have some video soon.

E
Jul 9, 2002
Omak, WA
Octanee, sounds like you are pretty well covered. Just get that wastegate actuator setup. I think that spring setup you had combined with pump fuel caused the deto. Should be a screamer if you have good octane and a rich enough mixture.

How are the parts coming along? When do we see more video?!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Octanee, sounds like you are pretty well covered. Just get that wastegate actuator setup. I think that spring setup you had combined with pump fuel caused the deto. Should be a screamer if you have good octane and a rich enough mixture.

How are the parts coming along? When do we see more video?!!

well, i would have the snowmobile probably out for a trip this sunday, but waiting for pistons apparently?, i am told he orders them monday, usually 2 days, so gets em wed? being today? then ships them for me to my spot at the border, so if all is there friday, then ill be back on the sled riding again for sunday i figure, but i have a feeling i wont see them pistons for friday, but fingers crossed, just seems nothing goes my way lately! ha ha

so dont worry ,i plan to get lots of footage of it going

and bendy, i think i will get a a/f, like i said it wont hurt to have both of them tuning tools

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
ok so, got my domes and **** going, but heres the thing, my changes for round 2, well, im running Wise co pistons,

Rather then 94 octane its Aviation fuel, 100LL

bought a new det sensor thingy, that should show you when your detonating,

and heres where i am ???

my 1st ride that it deto'd to ****, my squish was about 95 thou, well with these domes, the 2 tests i did, it showed 120 thou 1st time, and 105 thou 2nd time??? and thats trying to get it through the spark plug hole, however i dont have big enough solder so i end up wrapping it over its self like folds then stick it in until i believe its against the cylinder wall then get the piston to squish it, but i guess the real squish should be 105 thou because why would it get smaller... after all

So, i dont want this to blow up, what would you guys think?, 100LL av gas helps alot i am sure when it comes to detonation, the sensor should help tell me when i get detonation, as its not a sensor but a light that taps into the sensor.... thats intelligent, And atleast a 10thou more squish,

Also i had br8 spark plugs 1st ride when it blew up, maybe it helped to make detonation? im thinking to do 9's for sure, but maybe even 10's? what do you guys think

i will also do a compression test once in the snowmobile, but for now i wonder about the detonation, i dont need this damn thing blowing up again on me!!!

E
Jul 9, 2002
Omak, WA
Did you check the squish directly above the wrist pins? I would definitely think go for a cooler plug. Not sure about the br10, not familiar with 1000 turbos.

AFR gauge?

Garrett wastegate actuator hooked up?

What elevation is your initial testing? Remember to lower boost accordingly if it's lower than your riding area, or what you have been told for boost/fuel levels at a given elevation.

Hope thing work out a little better this time.

G
Apr 23, 2008
Never 8's,, NEVER.
Never 10's,, NEVER.

det sensor will not save you so dont count on it period.

add lots of fuel then trim it as needed..NEVER go out lean and pray that useless det sensor will save you from harm..

kep boost down to 4 psi till you are done checking plugs for the 20th time..

best wishes man,, be positive.

gus

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Never 8's,, NEVER.
Never 10's,, NEVER.

det sensor will not save you so dont count on it period.

add lots of fuel then trim it as needed..NEVER go out lean and pray that useless det sensor will save you from harm..

kep boost down to 4 psi till you are done checking plugs for the 20th time..

best wishes man,, be positive.

gus

yeah, well i guess sensor would save you if it says, yep youve got detonation, so you let off the gas and head home kind of thing, where as if you dont know, then you just keep on riding until it dont run no more,

and yeah i will just max out my box on how much fuel it dumps in per pound of boost and ill be trying from some low boost,

and i have yet to check compression, main thing will be that my compression is low as it is

i also did a more proper test, i am 100% sure its somewhere between 105 thou-110 thou, micrometers are fun to read

G
Apr 23, 2008
good luck ,, never have I seen a sled saved by a det sensor with a turbo..

they do NOT see it quick enough and do NOT make drastic enough changes to timing for boost..

Like the xp turbo and those poor souls with e tech turbo's,, both will rattle till the piston is dead and NOT throw a det code until its already hurt the piston..again..

Much like the another mountain kit we saw in new hampshire last yr that went thru 4 pistons and was sold after less than 200 miles of deto..ya,, the sensor saved him ?? No and the kit builder is still denying they sold to him,, it was for sale on HCS in the NH forums..think it went back out to elevation,, stock compression, boost and pump gas go together well ???

There are NO shortcuts,, dont let the bs fool you.

Gus

wonder why the e torch coils are on back order ? rattle rattle rattle.. breaks down the windings from deto..

The only thing you can count on is your spark plug reading and piston wash,,

sometimes the first days ride is mostly stop and check plugs ,, its sure is better than tow rope home...b cool man;;;

Gus

Last edited:
B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
I have had the oposite. I was runing strait pump and 7lbs of boost. it would make the stock detonation sensor go off and check engine light come on once every 8 or so rides. Never had any actual signs of detonation or damage to the engine/pistons.
this was on my 08 turbo xp 800r ptek. I have never had any signs of detonation ever.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I have had the oposite. I was runing strait pump and 7lbs of boost. it would make the stock detonation sensor go off and check engine light come on once every 8 or so rides. Never had any actual signs of detonation or damage to the engine/pistons.
this was on my 08 turbo xp 800r ptek. I have never had any signs of detonation ever.

the sensor i got doesnt care what the computer says, its it own unit, the only thing i use is the stock det sensor its self, and tap into that, then this thing apparently has its own computer brain and listens and stuff for detonation or abnormal sounds, etc

also, how much psi can oil in the cylinder when your putting a engine back together from a rebuild cause? can i have 30 psi more compression from bunch of oil in the cylinder? from rebuilding it?

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
so, havent said much because this threads like 3 posts from needing a premium account, but any how i got my domes milled locally, guy did a great job, so my squish should now be i believe 140-145 Thou, as i asked him to take off 35 thou, i was at 105-110 thou before milling

So eta till Round 2 Saturday :popcorn:

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
OK SO HERE IT IS.... So pics 1st, basically i got my piston wash, both pistons, running av gas, AND 2nd, my domes, theres some sort of dry spot, im thinking its a hot spot?, my dad was thinking its where the coolant does not pass by so much so hes thinking that part of the dome is hotter, but its just a guess.... so tell me what you guys think on this stuff..... i need to be safe on it all, not much to hear... or how it goes just yet ha ha, the 4 pounds or so ive ran it at, it adds power, but its not that crazy kind of power.... yet :D

and my rpm's where only like 7200 or so, i didnt have it real high just yet, but i had some good track speed and pulls with out being way up there

Then the vids, im not going to bother cutting them, so just skip all the crap of not getting it clipped to my helmet and stuff ha ha

P1020049.jpg

P1020046.jpg

P1020048.jpg

now for some vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzPWLWszsqc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFVw6XxFG7g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwEXGQ_Q20c

G
Apr 23, 2008
The clean spots are cold not hot,, cold spots wont let anything stick..

most likely the secondary injectors are washing the the dome clean in that area.

1 last no no..man..
dont under rev your turbo, ignition timing drops with rpm increases, so there is MORE timing at 7200 than at 7600,, so det is more likely to occur when under revved than over revved..just a little fyi for ya.. you did good be proud.

Gus

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
The clean spots are cold not hot,, cold spots wont let anything stick..

most likely the secondary injectors are washing the the dome clean in that area.

1 last no no..man..
dont under rev your turbo, ignition timing drops with rpm increases, so there is MORE timing at 7200 than at 7600,, so det is more likely to occur when under revved than over revved..just a little fyi for ya.. you did good be proud.

Gus

thanks gus, good to know!!, and yeah i plan to go 5 pounds boost and increase clickers from there to get the rpm i need, i know im not even yet truly into the true powerband yet, but i bet she will get much more wild when she gets up to 7800-7900 rpm, going to be going out again today so will see :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features