• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

considering turbo

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
lol.... sorry. havn't changed the status thing in a long time. It is summer time. drag raceing street bikes time of year and jet skiing for my. Sled sits in the corner all summer and I don't touch it untill the end of summer/end of drag racing season.
I have only ben on the website 3 or 4 times since probably april or so. Just changed it for you.
Good luck on your turbo setup. Mine rips with a identical setup to what you are building. Mine ran great last year on 10lbs of boost. I ran it the first year on 7lbs and stock skid. I can't believe how much of a difference 10lbs was. ran much better. on 7lbs it ran better then any NA sled I ever rode with, but 10lbs made it way better then any NA sled. I got a 10.3 lb spring for the tial mvs wastegate, and a 11.4 I believe. I think I will try the 11.4psi spring. :face-icon-small-hap
Mine is a 154". Couldn't keep it down with the stock skid with the rear scissor relocate brackets. I put a timbersled skid on it last year with a 154x2.5 challenger extreme track. Now it keeps the front end down much better. Now I can actually ride in a normal riding position. With the stock skid I was doing every thing I could to basically lay over the handlebars to keep the front end down in a climb.
Only plans for this year is to put new carb boots on it, new set of turbo reeds in boyseen rage cages, new primary and secondary springs, and either get new shocks for the front end or maybee get the 2011 narrow front end. My sled still has the stock 08 everst shocks on it that have never ben touched. Boyseen turbo reeds failed a couple times last year. they warrantied them no problem. I got a new set free under warranty at the end of last year so I guess I will give them one more try. I have a set of boyseen turbo reeds in the stock cages for backup. I ran them for one season and they still look good.
I have a 2" charge tube. it has worked fine, but the plenum and charge tube does get hot. I may have a 2.5" charge tube built to see if it helps with intake temps. I need to build a intake setup with prefilter material over the turbo intake. it will get some powder in the turbo somtimes when sidehilling to the right in deep powder and sputter because of the snow getting in. Might build or buy a different oil tank. mine gets oil in the turbo when you roll it.

Last edited:
Premium Features