• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Arctic Cats released - M800 & M1100 Turbo photos

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

BackCountryBasics

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
www.backcountrybasics.com
Anyone have time on rough trails? Sad but my old knees require a smooth susp:face-icon-small-fro

Yes.The initial trail we rode in on was a very long single track & horribly whooped out. The sled handled very well mainly do to the new design in the front. This design actually reaches out in a forward motion as to begin absorbing bumps before the transfer of that energy is passed to the the remaining chassis and finally is diffused by the time it works up to the rider. It was very impressive. Also this design eliminates any unexpected jolting or jerking action when crossing old hard tracks while in a sidehill.

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
Mini and Fourthmeal how is the 1100T compared to a Nytro or Apex?? I've been on a T-Apex and T-Nytro for the last 3yrs...........really liking the new 1100 but would sure like to know how it handles compared to my last sleds before I put down the $500 deposit. Thanks

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
amber or anyone who has ridden the pro climb, i have 2 questions ...

What don't you like about the new chassis?

I know you said you thought it was an improvement over the current m chassis, but how much better? Is it $3000 better?

I am trying to decide between picking up a 2011 M8 which I can afford pretty reasonably or stretching the budget and trying to get a 2012 m8.

Im all for spending $ for something better but is it really that much better? Am I going to be able to do things on the proclimb I can't do on the m? or even significantly easier? How much higher in the hill, how much more manueverable, flickable, etc is it? If there is a way for you (you or fourthmeal or anyone else who has RIDDEN these sleds) to quantify how much of an improvement these proclimbs are, that would be a huge help.

for example, I LOVED LOVED LOVED my 1m900. But once I got on my M7, I couldn't believe I had worked that hard. And I was able to do things I NEVER was able to do on my 900. I was SHOCKED! Is it that much better?

maybe im the only one who is on the fence or who is hesitant to spend the $, but your input would be a huge help.

thanks in advance!

sam

Stocker

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2004
Ankritz, AK
samiams2 - Amber (mini) and fourthmeal have provided a lot of info on this thread addressing all of your questions. Have to go back a page or two to find it though.

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
Why would they go away from the awesome seat from the 2010 and 2011? That part doesn't make sense to me. Like Polaris, NO STORAGE on the sled.
;) 2fun

$$$$
Can't make $ on accessories if you sell it as part of the sled... But, they'll sure keep increasing the cost of the sled, claiming they've dropped wt by removing required things from the machine, that you'll just add back on your own coin.
Go figure.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
They don't need a primary clutch bolt anymore?

Friction-fit?

M800 clutch side

DSC_0529.jpg

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I pulled these off the website listed above.

I Like Everything. The pipe could be wrapped to keep the underhood heat down. That would be very easy to do. Also looks like the suitcase muffler could be replaced with a lightweight one easily enough. Probally lose 10-15lbs right there.

And the battery placement! Real Smart in my opinion! No need to put a 10lb battery at the front of the sled. Also the chaincase cover with the dry sump oil res is a great idea for the 4 stroke.

A bar abd plate intercooler would probally be lighter than the tube and fin one and a little more efficent as well, and easily enough mass produced I would think for under $500.

0051.jpg

0041.jpg

007.jpg

0062.jpg

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Premium Features