For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Cyclops Adventure Sports Welcome to the Cyclops Adventure Sports Forum

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Currently: Not set.
SnoWest Paid Sponsor
off road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond repute
Default Beware of Chinese copies

While taking a tour of the puyallup snowshow this last weekend, I was blown away with the amount of Cheap Chinese made lights that vendors are attempting to sell. Many flat out ripoffs of US patented products.

The saying you get what you pay for is never more true than in LED lighting.
Bogus lumen ratings in cheap cases with no optics or thermal management were everywhere.

Take a look at the reflectors in the lights you may be interested in purchasing. If they are small and a ton of leds that points to a very poor light.
Lumen ratings are not a good way to tell what a light will do.
ask about electronic Thermal management.
Polycarbonate lenses, and lastly where is the product made.
Who is going to warranty that product when it fails, How long have they been in business?
Don't get tricked out of your hard earned money on a cheap Chinese counterfeits.

www.cyclopsadventuresports.com

Get more fun out of riding, ride at night with Cyclops Race Inspired lighting!
(800)624-0278

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 10-24-2013, 11:50 PM
Currently: Waiting to see who comes out with factory 2 stroke turbo
stocksucks!! has a reputation beyond reputestocksucks!! has a reputation beyond reputestocksucks!! has a reputation beyond reputestocksucks!! has a reputation beyond reputestocksucks!! has a reputation beyond reputestocksucks!! has a reputation beyond reputestocksucks!! has a reputation beyond reputestocksucks!! has a reputation beyond reputestocksucks!! has a reputation beyond reputestocksucks!! has a reputation beyond reputestocksucks!! has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with your statement. But after buyin 3 ridgid 20inch light bars in the past 2 years and 1 vision x. All got moisture in them no broken lens but water in them. I now have 2 Chinese light bars and they are very well built and are water tight. As far as light output the same brightness if not better. I was all for buying the big brand name light bars at first but not now. I have a question for you have you used these. Chinese ones?? I AMA firm believer in dint knock on it until you try it. Also as a side note when I pay near 600.00 Canadian for a 20 inch rigid. That gets water in them. Why not try a 180.00 knock off that's shipped to my door. As a bonus it's lasted 11 months and no water in them and still bright as the sun. Just one guys opinion with actual real world use. Ie touchless car washes 3-4 times a week. I own a car wash/lube shop. And about 24-30 thousand miles per year.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:07 AM
SnoWest Paid Sponsor
off road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksucks!! View Post
I agree with your statement. But after buyin 3 ridgid 20inch light bars in the past 2 years and 1 vision x. All got moisture in them no broken lens but water in them. I now have 2 Chinese light bars and they are very well built and are water tight. As far as light output the same brightness if not better. I was all for buying the big brand name light bars at first but not now. I have a question for you have you used these. Chinese ones?? I AMA firm believer in dint knock on it until you try it. Also as a side note when I pay near 600.00 Canadian for a 20 inch rigid. That gets water in them. Why not try a 180.00 knock off that's shipped to my door. As a bonus it's lasted 11 months and no water in them and still bright as the sun. Just one guys opinion with actual real world use. Ie touchless car washes 3-4 times a week. I own a car wash/lube shop. And about 24-30 thousand miles per year.

Yes I have tested many, All with failures and all vey poor quality, in both light output and reliability.
I Cant disagree with you more.
Lighting is all we do, Racing is a very large part of that. We know the market and everything that is available.
Your not looking at apples to apples, all LEDs are not the same, thinking so is not accurate.

One if your using a 20 inch light bar then you don't realize that there are far better and much smaller lights. The big light bars are a joke.
There has been many changes in LEDs over the years, the Chinese are very far behind on technology, The lights they copied are now several years old. they ripped off the aesthetic design pretty good, but the emitters, optics and overall quality are crap.
There is not a single Chinese made light that has electronic Thermal management, The key to making an LED last.
The current Chinese light influx reminds me of all the minicycles that popped up a few years ago in every auto parts store and corner, Junk that is now long gone.
who will support your Chinese light in the future, Chances are it is a throwaway, as the companies selling junk will be long gone.
Ridged has also been behind the curve for a while, better stuff is available.
No Chinese LED will compete with what we currently have available.

If you want to support the Chinese that are stealing Western designs and
infringing on patents, along with having an inferior products, I guess that's your business.
Compare modern Quality LEDs rather than old version lights to what the Chinese are making today.

(800)624-0278

Last edited by off road rider; 10-31-2013 at 11:01 AM.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:23 PM
stocksucks!! has a reputation beyond reputestocksucks!! has a reputation beyond reputestocksucks!! has a reputation beyond reputestocksucks!! has a reputation beyond reputestocksucks!! has a reputation beyond reputestocksucks!! has a reputation beyond reputestocksucks!! has a reputation beyond reputestocksucks!! has a reputation beyond reputestocksucks!! has a reputation beyond reputestocksucks!! has a reputation beyond reputestocksucks!! has a reputation beyond repute

I respect your opinion.. But it's the same old thing if you work for Gm. Or ford then guess who makes the best truck..so I will not get into this debate with a retailer. I just want other ppl to make their own conclusions and hey to try a light that costs 1 5th of the USA ones why not..and on that note if it last 2 years great. We buy a new one and still have more money 2 buy more. To the price of the rigid/vision x ect. As far as light output it might be a measurable difference on a work bench.but not to the average consumer. Just my 2 cents

Old 11-02-2013, 09:45 AM
SnoWest Paid Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocksucks!! View Post
I respect your opinion.. But it's the same old thing if you work for Gm. Or ford then guess who makes the best truck..so I will not get into this debate with a retailer. I just want other ppl to make their own conclusions and hey to try a light that costs 1 5th of the USA ones why not..and on that note if it last 2 years great. We buy a new one and still have more money 2 buy more. To the price of the rigid/vision x ect. As far as light output it might be a measurable difference on a work bench.but not to the average consumer. Just my 2 cents
Something sounds fishy here.
Are you selling Chinese lights?
Sure sounds like it.
This is not my opinion its fact, plain and simple.
We are not talking about fords and Chevys, we are talking about Corvettes and Yugo's
Fact is there are patent rights that are being violated and companies are going after resale's and importers. If you don't care about that, I really feel sorry.
The argument that cheaper is better is laughable. If you had a moisture issue with one of the companies you mentioned and didn't send it back for warranty, that's your fault. Somehow I cant believe you would throw away a expensive lifetime warrantied light twice.
A light that you rely on to get you off the mountain, is not somewhere you want to pinch pennies.
If you buy your tools at harbor freight, then a cheep, junk light might work for you, for a while anyways. If you demand quality and performance, there are huge differences.
Its clear you have not really looked at what is available in the market and only done a small sampling of outdated products.
Your not comparing Apples to Apples.
what was good 3 years ago is now well out of pace.

(800)624-0278

Last edited by off road rider; 11-02-2013 at 09:54 AM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to off road rider For This Useful Post:
smokindave (11-02-2013)
Old 11-02-2013, 02:19 PM

no i don't sell lights just end user and yes i keep getting the expensive ones replaced. as far as this pi$$ing contest i am done. it was just an honest non dealer opinion so sorry that your very narrow minded and of course what you sell is the only one to go with.. other guys might disagree with you 2 but hey were the only 2 discussing this..
so thank you retailer for making me not try your expensive lights were you are most likely getting some sort of chinese parts for them.. think about it you got wire,connectors,packaging ect. thanks for schooling me.