• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Late Alpha Deliveries

john6719

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2014
Anyone else still waiting for their spring garauntee? Just talked to the dealer and now it isn’t expected until late November. Was supposed to be here in October originally, then mid-Nov, now late November. It wouldn’t piss me off so much if I didn’t see ads for stock Alpha sleds for sale at other dealers... Was planning to pick up this week and head West for breakin ride this weekend, guess my season just got shorter.

Sled424

Premium Member
Sep 14, 2016
Yeah a buddy and I are waiting on ours. Arctic cat cut production on alphas

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Yep - still waiting. I have not done snow check for a number of years for reasons such as this but got suckered in with this Alpha hype!!
Other main reason is dealers will start selling them cheaper than I snow checked for. I won't get suckered in again, believe me.

Luckily we have no snow in our mountains so not a big deal .......... YET!

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
I ordered a new Super Duty 2 months ago , was made 2 Mondays ago and should have it here this week. Glad FORD doesn't operate on Cat's timeline, they'd go under!!

dplenzig

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Evans, CO
Still waiting, although mine isn't snow checked which would really piss me off. Dealer is still waiting on a bunch and not scheduled to ship until the end of November. Sucks with all the early snow.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Still waiting.
Im use to cat delivering late august-early october.
This time, i am actually glad i didn't get one of the earlier sleds.
Mine should come with all the 'fixes' taken care of, no need to take back to dealer or fix myself...
That is my positive outlook anyway.

john6719

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2014
It’s absolutely ridiculous. They need a revamp of their demand and production planning. There is nothing more valuable than having a name for a unit before it’s built. And it becomes even more valuable as interest rate rise. Pretty stupid their actions will do everything to discourage presells in the future.

In the industry I work in, we will give $20-$30k discounts to get a presell order and if we don’t deliver that unit when needed, we will often pay for a loaner machine until the customer unit gets there. It is still more profitable than stock units due to the holding costs or special, aged discounts that are needed to move units that sit for more than a few months. Not to mention how much working capital it ties up having that inventory sitting around.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
The cat dealer in my town in b.c. has 6 alpha one for sale none snow checked, one year warranty.

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
Midwest guys have sleds, while I wait and get stuck riding my old one
face-icon-small-disgusted.gif
o well I suppose over 100 mile down this year!
face-icon-small-tongue.gif
early seasons been good!

john6719

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2014
I’m a Midwest guy.

Update... after talking with both, Textron and my dealer figured something out pretty damn quick this morning. I’ll have a sled this week. Kudos to them for figuring it out.

Next question... where to go this weekend? Was planning Colorado. Vail? Rabbit Ears? Looked like the big horns even had some snow... maybe there?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I hope it's something legitimate like a part supply issue that's holding things up. Not something like they are stopping production of the snowchecks to build those 6000 Alphas they unveiled at Haydays or build floor models. If people's snowchecks are showing up after the orders of fall build Alphas that Country Cat was advertising to be able to get your name on then that's just poor form (to put it nicely).

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
I’ve been here. My 16 didn’t show up until December 10th. Missed the first trip. Just curious, those that don’t have their alpha, when did you snowcheck? On my 16 I snowchecked the last day the snow check period was open. For the alpha, I snowchecked early in the open period and have my sled. I’m just curious if “first in first out” is going on.

B
Nov 11, 2009
Canada
I’ve been here. My 16 didn’t show up until December 10th. Missed the first trip. Just curious, those that don’t have their alpha, when did you snowcheck? On my 16 I snowchecked the last day the snow check period was open. For the alpha, I snowchecked early in the open period and have my sled. I’m just curious if “first in first out” is going on.

I don’t think that’s the case. I snow checked on the last day and my alpha was ready for pickup a month and a half ago.

What I was told by the dealer is that the large dealers tend to get snowchecks first and the smaller guys get theirs last. My understanding from previous years is that there is also some geographical considerations, like northern Canada will likely get sooner than southerners.

tenacious84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 19, 2010
Yeah a buddy and I are waiting on ours. Arctic cat cut production on alphas

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

i heard they cut production on other models, NOT the alphas. a buddy said the reason for current delays is because of suppliers who have been behind since the middle of summer and keep falling farther and farther behind. sounded like it's time for some new suppliers. it doesn't matter how cheap you can buy a part for if the supplier doesn't deliver on time.

Premium Features