• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best 850 video I have seen yet

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Still waiting on how the axys was a game changer last year??? The T3 was absolutely a game changer last year for a stock sled and we will see if the 850 is. I've riden the 850 in junk snow so I don't know what it'll do in real life but we will see. Can't wait to see if the 850-165 truly beats T3 174 in real snow.

t3 was a game changer , LOL, Maybe in the minor leagues , where you must dwell, cause to those playing in the majors, It's a good sled, but really , just another Doo with a couple refinements.
Now The 850 has a chance , Doo paid attention and totally tried to emu,ate what Poo did with the Pro/Axys.

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
If u say "the T3 174 was a game changer" myself and a few others will agree. But to say the "T3" was a game changer, nope, sorry.
The 163 T3 is not a huge difference from the 163 2.5, definitely not a game changer!
A 162 3in cat will spank a doo 163 T3!
That 174 is impressive!

GS6

Before I start, I'm not saying a cat 163 3in will spank a Doo 163 T3 and I'm not saying the Doo will spank the Cat.

The T3 in general was a game changer. Why? Would your 2016 cat 3in. or Polaris 3in. exist if Ski-Doo didn't release the T3 in 2015?

I don't think they would. Both companies needed to enter the 3 inch market because there is no doubt Poo and Cat lost sales to the T3. This is why the T3 "changed that game"; it changed the industry.

Before anyone uses the word game changer they should define what the definition of "game changer" is. Clearly people have different opinions on what it is.

I also want to hear how the AXYS was a game changer. In other words, how has the AXYS changed how the other manufacturers build sleds? LEDs? Nope. Flimsy A-Arms? Nope. Belt Drive? Nope. Lightweight? Ehh, maybe. Not all manufacturers have given up their weight completely. They still believe they are more durable at a higher weight. Motor? Nope. Just maybe caught the 800etec it's only been on snow for a year so idk if it has even caught the 800etec in terms of reliability.

I can't find anything about the AXYS that changed the industry. I'd say the Pro changed the industry more than the AXYS with regards to maneuverability. Even then, I think all manufacturers have been trying be achieve maneuverability for quite some time. Ski-Doo attempted with the XM and was successful. The Pro was just more successful. Again, no manufacturer has changed the game quite like Ski-Doo has recently. They are the pioneer of this sport.

Last edited:

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Cat had the 3in track out testing before doo sold their first T3 sled so, no, skidoo didn't push the the other manufacturers in to making a 3in track, they just brought it to the public first.

I think a factory 3" X 174" changed the capabilities of the sled tremendously, and i think Poo is making the 174 solely because of Doo.
All the manufacturers have made great strides in improving their sleds capabilities, the 174 is the only thing that i think is a huge change, go ride with one, u will see. I don't want or need a 174. Just my opinion.

Cat still says they don't see the need for that extra track, to perform as well as the other manufacturers. That is their opinion, i truly believe the longer the track, the higher u get up the hill.

GS6

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
t3 was a game changer , LOL, Maybe in the minor leagues , where you must dwell, cause to those playing in the majors, It's a good sled, but really , just another Doo with a couple refinements.
Now The 850 has a chance , Doo paid attention and totally tried to emu,ate what Poo did with the Pro/Axys.

I did say stock sled there SLICK, bring any 2016 brand stock sled except a Ski Doo next year and try and keep up with me and then you'll get it. Yes stock sleds are minor leagues so if you want to step up to AAA or Even the majors with me don't worry I have every category of sled sitting here on the shelf. Been running 174s since they came out 10 years ago. The problem with big power is nobody really wants to ride it anymore since the Doo 174 came out so its not much fun around here anymore unless you are at Revy with them.

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
Before I start, I'm not saying a cat 163 3in will spank a Doo 163 T3 and I'm not saying the Doo will spank the Cat.

The T3 in general was a game changer. Why? Would your 2016 cat 3in. or Polaris 3in. exist if Ski-Doo didn't release the T3 in 2015?

I don't think they would. Both companies needed to enter the 3 inch market because there is no doubt Poo and Cat lost sales to the T3. This is why the T3 "changed that game"; it changed the industry.

Before anyone uses the word game changer they should define what the definition of "game changer" is. Clearly people have different opinions on what it is.

I also want to hear how the AXYS was a game changer. In other words, how has the AXYS changed how the other manufacturers build sleds? LEDs? Nope. Flimsy A-Arms? Nope. Belt Drive? Nope. Lightweight? Ehh, maybe. Not all manufacturers have given up their weight completely. They still believe they are more durable at a higher weight. Motor? Nope. Just maybe caught the 800etec it's only been on snow for a year so idk if it has even caught the 800etec in terms of reliability.

I can't find anything about the AXYS that changed the industry. I'd say the Pro changed the industry more than the AXYS with regards to maneuverability. Even then, I think all manufacturers have been trying be achieve maneuverability for quite some time. Ski-Doo attempted with the XM and was successful. The Pro was just more successful. Again, no manufacturer has changed the game quite like Ski-Doo has recently. They are the pioneer of this sport.

Game changer because it's not like any sled from years past, when it's deeeeep it still goes and goes and once your simply just at the end of the road there's nobody else there except 174 stock Doos. Waited so long this year for Polaris guys to make simple stuff but just under powered and under tracked and or broken down having problems which is the same old game. I have hated stock sleds for years now until the T3 174 changed the stock sled game. Hopefully the 850 is more than sales hype and doesn't end up being a RT1000.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007

You should't post after drinking excessively. LOL. The only real game changer since 2004 was the 2011 Pro. Doo has done nothing nothing but slap bandaids on the XP buffalo, and they were forced to, cause even you guys wearing the Doogles realized how far behind that tank was in the mountains. But credit where its due, looks like they paid attention and followed Poo's lead again with the G4, narrower body panels, higher C of G, and finally a new clutch. This idea that a 3 inch or 174 makes a sled a game changer is laughable at best. FFS, guys that wanted those featureshave been running them for years, on all brands. Christ some of you dootards will be calling "game changer" if Doo puts out the 2018 with same bars but increase the diameter. Look how excited you got when they totally changed the sled, …….. and made the fuel tank smaller ………..wow, industry leading stuff. LOL.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
The 2011 Pro was definitely a game changer and the Axys takes it to an all new level of power, lightness and handling excellence. The others have been playing catch up ever since 2011. Doo has copied some of the great features of the axys for their new offering, and is slowly getting better. A smaller gas and oil tank is a cheap and effective way (gimmick) to lose weight . . as long as they can get the pied pipers to crow about "wet weight" :)

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
You should't post after drinking excessively. LOL. The only real game changer since 2004 was the 2011 Pro. Doo has done nothing nothing but slap bandaids on the XP buffalo, and they were forced to, cause even you guys wearing the Doogles realized how far behind that tank was in the mountains. But credit where its due, looks like they paid attention and followed Poo's lead again with the G4, narrower body panels, higher C of G, and finally a new clutch. This idea that a 3 inch or 174 makes a sled a game changer is laughable at best. FFS, guys that wanted those featureshave been running them for years, on all brands. Christ some of you dootards will be calling "game changer" if Doo puts out the 2018 with same bars but increase the diameter. Look how excited you got when they totally changed the sled, …….. and made the fuel tank smaller ………..wow, industry leading stuff. LOL.

Pfffff a 2011 Polaris Lmfao that's funny. Never saw one, was too busy then riding real power. Guys like you and Timbre can talk talk talk and you'll never show up in sure. How is something that can't keep up stock for stock meaning Polaris to Doo anything close to a game changer? It's not. Not to mention the huge problems Polaris has had since 2013 atleast. Polaris' have ruined so many of my riding days since 2013 and I don't even ride that crap but what am I to do just leave a guy in the woods. I honestly don't even want to ride with Polaris guys anymore cuz they are so unreliable but then all you guys think they are so great so I made it a huge point this year to call me out and it was seriously a huge embarrassment for them. Some broke down and made excuses and some guys were just dead quiet. One guy got to talk in the truck all the way to Revy and man did he have to hear it allllllll the way home. Now he won't even text me back Lmfao

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
Yeah pro was a game changer,,, most blown up motors in 1 season

What would of been a game changer since 2011 would of been selling towing insurance like AAA for Polaris when you purchase one.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Doo G4 850 threads have to be the most derailed threads all year!
I love it!

I am not a fan of the PRO, not at all. It's not a bad sled, just not fun for me. in 2011 i was in awe just like everybody else. Then i rode one.
Hanldes like an M7.
I tried to like it, i honestly did.
Definitely not a game changer though.

GS6

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
Bottom line is Ski-doo has more Pros that completely outweigh the Cons.

Where Poo and Kitty have Cons that outweigh their Pros.

My opinion

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT

I wouldn't say the 11 pro was game changer. You could do all the same stuff with the m8 the pro just did it easier. The 07 08 m8 sucked but you could do stuff xp riders only dreamed of. I always thought the dragons sucked. That is why the pro seemed like a game changer to some.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
what really happened is the 400# xp kicked everybodys *** for 3 years then poo copied it in 11.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Pfffff a 2011 Polaris Lmfao that's funny. Never saw one, was too busy then riding real power. Guys like you and Timbre can talk talk talk and you'll never show up in sure. How is something that can't keep up stock for stock meaning Polaris to Doo anything close to a game changer? It's not. Not to mention the huge problems Polaris has had since 2013 atleast. Polaris' have ruined so many of my riding days since 2013 and I don't even ride that crap but what am I to do just leave a guy in the woods. I honestly don't even want to ride with Polaris guys anymore cuz they are so unreliable but then all you guys think they are so great so I made it a huge point this year to call me out and it was seriously a huge embarrassment for them. Some broke down and made excuses and some guys were just dead quiet. One guy got to talk in the truck all the way to Revy and man did he have to hear it allllllll the way home. Now he won't even text me back Lmfao[/QUOTE

LMAO, he stopped talking to you in the truck on way home, and now won't call or text you back !!!! And you think it's cause he's embarrassed. Hahahahaha !
After a day with you , I'm surprised he didn't choose to walk home pulling his sled , and , he most likely changed his phone #.
And here's another prophesy for ya, Even if he buys a Doo, just like yours, Don't expect a call. LOL.

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
Pfffff a 2011 Polaris Lmfao that's funny. Never saw one, was too busy then riding real power. Guys like you and Timbre can talk talk talk and you'll never show up in sure. How is something that can't keep up stock for stock meaning Polaris to Doo anything close to a game changer? It's not. Not to mention the huge problems Polaris has had since 2013 atleast. Polaris' have ruined so many of my riding days since 2013 and I don't even ride that crap but what am I to do just leave a guy in the woods. I honestly don't even want to ride with Polaris guys anymore cuz they are so unreliable but then all you guys think they are so great so I made it a huge point this year to call me out and it was seriously a huge embarrassment for them. Some broke down and made excuses and some guys were just dead quiet. One guy got to talk in the truck all the way to Revy and man did he have to hear it allllllll the way home. Now he won't even text me back Lmfao[/QUOTE

LMAO, he stopped talking to you in the truck on way home, and now won't call or text you back !!!! And you think it's cause he's embarrassed. Hahahahaha !
After a day with you , I'm surprised he didn't choose to walk home pulling his sled , and , he most likely changed his phone #.
And here's another prophesy for ya, Even if he buys a Doo, just like yours, Don't expect a call. LOL.

What is a guy to say after bragging about his new axys for weeks and then getting spanked so bad that he actually said later he was so tired from digging and trying to follow that first day at Boulder that he thought he was getting the flu??? So yeah he didn't have much to say on the way home except he had the biggest eye opening experience of his life and that trip changed his perspective for sure but atleast now he knows where to buy Polaris belts in Revy since we had to search for a new one every morning for him for his 360 mile new axys. Like I said before slick you guys are talk talk talk, come ride this winter and bring ur Polaris junk and find out what real riding is. MM was one of the biggest Polaris **** talkers about ski Doo'S on here about handling characteristics and I take him riding once and let him have my Doo all day long and he's so excited like a kid in a candy store he buys one the next day the stores open.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
What is a guy to say after bragging about his new axys for weeks and then getting spanked so bad that he actually said later he was so tired from digging and trying to follow that first day at Boulder that he thought he was getting the flu??? So yeah he didn't have much to say on the way home except he had the biggest eye opening experience of his life and that trip changed his perspective for sure but atleast now he knows where to buy Polaris belts in Revy since we had to search for a new one every morning for him for his 360 mile new axys. Like I said before slick you guys are talk talk talk, come ride this winter and bring ur Polaris junk and find out what real riding is. MM was one of the biggest Polaris **** talkers about ski Doo'S on here about handling characteristics and I take him riding once and let him have my Doo all day long and he's so excited like a kid in a candy store he buys one the next day the stores open.

Triple XXXXL helmet right ? Most risk you'll have sledding is pulling a muscle from patting yourself on the back. When you ride, do your gums flap in the wind like they do on here, do you have to tape them ??
So whats your favourite part of sledding psi, the talking about it or the thinking about it. LOL.
He didn't want to go sledding with you again, ?????? And you still think its cause of the Polaris. hahahaha.

Premium Features