• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowest weighs g4 and poo

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
Here's my solution to this supposed dilemma of what to buy.

Go for a ride on the different sleds you are interested in.

Figure out which one, overall, is best for you.

Buy that sled.

All of the 2017 mountain machines are extremely capable backcountry machines... and all of them have their strong suits.

But skidoo is still the best decision anyone could make.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
To get this back on topic, Blackcomb Aviation just told me they flew out 12 sleds this far from Sea 2 Sky, of the 12 6 were polaris and 6 were arctic cats. No doo"s :face-icon-small-hap

That is amazing because 92% of the sleds in the sea to sky area are skidoo. It's like swarms of brp black bumblebees somedays.

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
If you don't mind me asking what does sea to sky mean? Imagine it has something to do with the west coast. Just need a little elaboration.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
If you don't mind me asking what does sea to sky mean? Imagine it has something to do with the west coast. Just need a little elaboration.

The Sea 2 Sky Corridor encompasses all riders from Vancouver to Squamish, To Whistler to Pemberton and a bit beyond that as any fly outs are one by blakcomb aviation which has bases in Squamish, Whistler(main base) and Pemberton.

And yes it is Ski-Doo Country up here for riding and sled skiing.

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
Here we debate which is the better sled the AXYS or the G4. And while the debate goes on, Arctic Cat is feverishly working on changing their top secret 800 C-Tec to a 860 C-Tec because they now know what the other 2 have. They also know how heavy their Cat needs to be to compete, so I bet Polaris and BRP has sent Cat back to the drawing board for not only their motor but also their chassis.

If they are not panicking to get the perfect sled to market for 2018, they will be done.

I think I've heard that statement for the last 5 years. Funny there still going.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I'll just end the debate. Skidoo owns market share. And they will outsell Polaris this year in the mountain. Why? Cause they have better product. A better team all in all to produce quality product and to have the people who stand behind it honestly.

A 5hit load of mini-vans were sold in North America over the last 20 years too but that doesn't mean I am going out to buy one. So many sheeples out there will buy them but there are a few that will buy what makes them a better rider.

I do agree that Ski-doo owns the quality dept., for 2 strokes.

Premium Features