• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Am I becoming a Pu$$y?

J
Oct 21, 2015
Minnesota
Plus if you have the electric start you don't have to worry about being even close to the axys weight.......;)

Its a telling indicator of the doo culture's age/riding ability/energy level.
Also the increasing average age of snowmobilers.
Not being down on anybody, just an observation.

(Anti butthurt disclaimer)
All content above is aimed at providing levity. Also "true" self inflection on personal goals and realistic riding abilities.......

face-icon-small-disgusted.gif

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Plus if you have the electric start you don't have to worry about being even close to the axys weight.......;)

All content above is aimed at providing levity. Also "true" self inflection on personal goals and realistic riding abilities.......

That disclaimer makes it all better. Thank you. Lol

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007

Gut reaction... That motherf*****
Second read... Ok that's kinda funny..
After counting to 10... Super funny, but still GFYS. LOL

G

Gobig510

Nov 26, 2010
Colorado
I thought about estart for safety reasons. Not that it would be super likely, but it could be possible to injure yourself enough that pulling a sled might be extremely difficult (shoulder dislocation, arm fracture, wrist fracture...). You could be pretty dam hurt and still push a button to slowly ride back to the lot... However, you should be riding with a buddy anyhow. However, sometimes it is just my wife and I that ride together. She is 5ft 2in, weighs 100lbs, and can't start her own sled most of the time. I usually have to pull start both her sled and mine. If I was injured bad enough, even though she could drive back, she might not be able to start either sled... Unlikely, but I've thought about getting estart for that reason.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Let's face it, almost all badd azz self proclaimed professional shponshured best ever tree riding burandt wannabe most likely on a Polaris Pro keyboard jockeys ride a bad azz high horsepower rooster throwing high flying 300 two stroke or 450+ four stroke dirt bike in the summer. All with electric start. Get over yourselves... :face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-hap

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Do both. E-start + EarthX batt, and you can install the pull start in case the E-start takes a dump.

I'd suspect the new tunnel heat exchanger will more than make up for it in snow weight.

;-)

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
It's my "tennis" elbow that is giving me fits...the sleds now are easy to start, its just starting the sled 30 or so times a day, that makes me wonder about the e start!

Ace

aerochip

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2014
Utah
Electric start is so nice, but make sure you have pull start back-up. I had a weak battery that wouldn't crank in zero degree weather. No problem to pull once or twice on the trailer and then battery topped off as I rode.

Speedo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Talkeetna, Alaska, USA
I'm sitting here at the keyboard with my right arm in a sling from shoulder surgery (rotator cuff and other damage) thinking that there's no way I'd have a sled without es anymore. I turn 67 in a couple weeks and some of my older sleds, like a '95 Mach 1 could be a bear to start when they were cold. I just want to have fun when I ride and pulling on the rope several times a day doesn't strike me as being that much fun anymore.

Gus

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
I'm sitting here at the keyboard with my right arm in a sling from shoulder surgery (rotator cuff and other damage) thinking that there's no way I'd have a sled without es anymore. I turn 67 in a couple weeks and some of my older sleds, like a '95 Mach 1 could be a bear to start when they were cold. I just want to have fun when I ride and pulling on the rope several times a day doesn't strike me as being that much fun anymore.

Gus

That sucks Gus I hope it's not the shoulder you wipe with ??? Ummm I recall needing assistance using my other shoulder.:face-icon-small-blu

DPG

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
To the guys who have not tried e-start, you should ride a full day with one. Doubt you will notice the weight difference. But you will wonder why you don't have it on your sled when you go back. Make sense on Ktm dirt bikes for off-road use, same idea on a sled. I'll gladly have a extra 10lbs (with lithium battery) to start my sled with the magic button. Yes I'm getting older, weaker, and uglier by the year. Life goes on.

Premium Features