• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

not impressed with the 2017 so far.

L

logan1080

Feb 12, 2013
No 850 in the freeride or the 174? Skidoo claimed the 800 etec at 163.9hp and the 850 is 165hp. I'm not seeing a 10hp bump? Only 1 color for freeride and ugly colors for the summit x. I'm holding onto my 15' summit x for another year that's for sure. Is the Rev platform with ras 3 front end their top mountain sled now or what?

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Skidoo claimed the 800 etec at 163.9hp and the 850 is 165hp. I'm not seeing a 10hp bump?

We were literally lied to for years.. Same thing with the gas tank. Apparently they knew for years you can't get the last gallon in the tank. Probably some of you knew this.. I didn't. Now the new tanks are 9.5 gallon, and they are saying you have the same range as before... Who do we believe anymore??

R

rugbynitro

Nov 4, 2009
Kamloops, B.C.
Agreed, the way everyone was talking this was supposed to be a real game changer. Far from it and an ugly one.

Reminds me of how Apple makes everyone try and believe their new more expensive phone is soooo much better with some small technical improvements.

Suckers still buy them and a lot of people will gamble on the first year. It's your money :face-icon-small-dis

F
Nov 4, 2008
Edmonton
This is a lot more than I was expecting. I like the track a lot! 10 lbs off is a big deal. an extra inch between the paddles seems like it would make a positive difference. clutch is a nice much needed change. Every change to the engine is focused on reliability which is something I dont think we've seen before. Less snow drag on the panels, boards, and tunel. 10 hp is meh.. but w/e it will likely feel like a lot more than that. These things are going to dominate. more storage. I don't see much here to complain about.

TJ427

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2012
Bismarck, ND
Many phenomenal changes with a new engine and chassis. Still hoping they add a 174 with all the new changes for '17. Very aggressive to introduce a new engine and new chassis simultaneously.

L

logan1080

Feb 12, 2013
165" track with 3.5" lug is gonna be epic. I imagine the 2018s will get all the changes on other models. I'm sure the new summit x is a beast to ride but man. It got uglier

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
EEEK! this is not a step forward in the "looks" department, that's for sure! The side of the sled looks like it has saddle bags on it. I was hoping for a better sled for all you doo doo guys :(

M

millnoff

Dec 5, 2007
I feel exactly the opposite as you.
S mod won't hold snow.
Tunnel should hold less snow
Running boards are higher and narrower and more open
Tunnel tank and seat are narrower
Panels are narrower
Over 13lbs taken out of the drive train
Crank/rod/pistons/cylinder combo looks awesome
25 lbs lighter
10 more hp.

Other than looks what's not to like? ! And still looks better than the other 3 brands just not by as much lol

J
Mar 19, 2008
This thing got way to much hype. I was hoping for a lot more. Engine looks reliable. Sled is UGLY. That front end looks like it is supposed to be on a snow blower. Still has awkward steering (why do they insist on being the only ones using that ridiculous design?). Still looks really wide at the footwells with the chaincase and brake cover getting in the way of my feet. Same junk skid with crappy shocks and T motion bandaid. AND it weighs 441 lbs.
Not a game changer, and most definitely not an Axys (or even a cat) destroyer.

RX-1MT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Butte Montana
I love the new look. If anyone watched the live feed they explained the hp when BRP originally dyno' it it came in at 155 it was then dyno'd but a second party and came in at 163.9 so that's what they went with. Being at BRP shows before they sometimes introduce one more thing before the show ends so who knows there be be a 174 added to the line..
Last year everyone was upset there wasn't a new chassis well here it is!!

L

logan1080

Feb 12, 2013
This thing got way to much hype. I was hoping for a lot more. Engine looks reliable. Sled is UGLY. That front end looks like it is supposed to be on a snow blower. Still has awkward steering (why do they insist on being the only ones using that ridiculous design?). Still looks really wide at the footwells with the chaincase and brake cover getting in the way of my feet. Same junk skid with crappy shocks and T motion bandaid. AND it weighs 441 lbs.

Well if it rides at least as good as the 2016 ski doo does then I'll take it over a poo or cat.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY

All you guys that hate this steering go ride a poo or cat. I hate the steering on those and love the steering on these doo's. It's one reasons I ride Doo. It's all opinion anyway. I like the look of these sleds and they did pretty much everything we've been asking for.

Less weight
More power
Better clutch
Skinnier
Taller
More maneuverable

I'm snow checking one with no hesitation at all.

As for the too much hype... Can you say axys? Lol

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I thought the old XM needed transfer help in the skid. Didn't seem to get up on the snow like the Poo. The new colors are good awful, thank god for wraps. Some weight savings is good (although I'm still not sure how much this has). I don't care about a 175 as we stick to 155ish tracks. But that motor is intriguing. I wonder what types of mods will come from that.

J
Mar 19, 2008
Just the tech in this new motor is mind blowing and will lead the next decade in sleding.. I think it's big

I agree, motor is sweet, the trail guys are going to love it. It takes more than a motor to change the mountain sled game. They could have done a lot more.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
I agree, motor is sweet, the trail guys are going to love it. It takes more than a motor to change the mountain sled game. They could have done a lot more.

That's right. And that's why they keep making everything else better as well. Poo has some catching up to do and cat is still acting like they are wondering what happened over the last two years. It should be interesting to see what they both bring this year.

Last edited:
Premium Features