• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch Update Complete

G
Jan 15, 2009
Vail
Took my sled in for chain case and engine oil change. This is was I got back unexpectedly:

-Bottom steering assembly replaced-Too much wobble
-Rear wheels replaced
-Throttle Cable adjusted for handle bar riser
-Reverse Motor? replaced-Engaged too slowly for the dealer
-Track end caps replaced-Not sure why but an update nonetheless
-Chain case and tensioner inspected
-Clutch updated completed (Belt guard not replaced and not under warranty but can be purchased)

All at no cost to me other than the oil changes. A great local Arctic Cat dealer is another reason I will never switch brands. And he sells sleds for $9 over cost.

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Year?

Took my sled in for chain case and engine oil change. This is was I got back unexpectedly:

-Bottom steering assembly replaced-Too much wobble
-Rear wheels replaced
-Throttle Cable adjusted for handle bar riser
-Reverse Motor? replaced-Engaged too slowly for the dealer
-Track end caps replaced-Not sure why but an update nonetheless
-Chain case and tensioner inspected
-Clutch updated completed (Belt guard not replaced and not under warranty but can be purchased)

All at no cost to me other than the oil changes. A great local Arctic Cat dealer is another reason I will never switch brands. And he sells sleds for $9 over cost.

What model year is your 1100 Turbo?

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
2012 110T Updated clutch, and installed my Cutler secondary float kit at a cost of $0 Thanks to my great dealer Edge Motor Sports.

What is the new clutch- the Big Fin?
also what is the Dale Cutler Float kit??
It is like the team .040 float shim?

Allot on here has not seen our secondary clutches yet.

S/C

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
2014 secondary

Phoned my dealer today and they're sending mine to me via courier tomorrow. I work all week and I live 75km from my dealer in the city. That and the new alignment bar, which I had to pay for. But $0.00 for the updated clutch... on my 2012! Awh... I have to tell you cause your gonna ask. I bought a carry over last year and its still on warranty. I was ready to pay $150 though.

K

kramer boy

Nov 30, 2009
Fairview Alberta
Dealer in Grande Prairie just told me today they haven't seen any secondarys yet and don't expect nothing prior to mid December. I ordered mine for my 2012 in early September. Are you lucky or what.

HCR10

Premium Member
Jan 21, 2011
Draper UT
www.comfortchampions.com
Sage Crusher

Yes the big fin clutch and for the float thing is made by CPC Racing and it lets the clutch float about 60 thousands. Also it self align once you get moving and it gives you a nut in place of shims to set you belt deflection. Call Dale at CPC Racing 801-224-5005 he will explain how it works better than I can. I have a EVO Big shoot and I was only getting 30-40 miles per belt last season and could not touch my clutches after pulling a hill. I got out last Friday and was able to put the new system to work and found that my clutch temps have drastically dropped. I was able to pull a hill and touch the clutches without burning my hand and I put 70 miles on without exploding a belt.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Sage Crusher

Yes the big fin clutch and for the float thing is made by CPC Racing and it lets the clutch float about 60 thousands. Also it self align once you get moving and it gives you a nut in place of shims to set you belt deflection. Call Dale at CPC Racing 801-224-5005 he will explain how it works better than I can. I have a EVO Big shoot and I was only getting 30-40 miles per belt last season and could not touch my clutches after pulling a hill. I got out last Friday and was able to put the new system to work and found that my clutch temps have drastically dropped. I was able to pull a hill and touch the clutches without burning my hand and I put 70 miles on without exploding a belt.

Thank you-
Same as the Team Tied- but 60 seems like alot of float- Team is MAX @ 40... I run the team-not waiting on the Big Fin as snow is waiting here.

S/C

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Did you...

Dealer in Grande Prairie just told me today they haven't seen any secondarys yet and don't expect nothing prior to mid December. I ordered mine for my 2012 in early September. Are you lucky or what.

call and talk to Dianne and tell her how awesome she was, and that she is the best AC service manager ever! LOL. Maybe I'm not going to get it, but she phoned me back at 5:00pm and told me to call my courier to pick up a 0726-344 secondary and a 0644-428 alignment bar? We'll see at 1:00 when the courier gets here.

Premium Features