• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

breather tube

B
Dec 22, 2008
gillette wy
does anyone know if you can just put a breather cap on the end of the hose coming out of your oil case that plugs into your air cleaner. I fabbed my own intake and not sure if I need to plumb that line back in or just 90 it up and slap a cap on it

Slednoggin23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2007
Wyoming
I have been running this small filter most of last year with no problems. You can get it from any auto parts store. I just located it near the exhaust manifold for heat on cold morning start ups.

2013-01-26_15-30-49_208.jpg

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
There's no question a little filter works, but if you have seen what a little oil does to a sled if it gets on the exhaust manifold or the turbo it ain't pretty. Couple hundred bucks on a 15k sled for piece of mind doesn't seem too bad. Now if you are not riding mountains and rolling it a couple times a day then the filter would be fine IMO.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
You can run filters on the end of the roll-over valve as shown in Slednoggen23's pic.

The most important thing to remember is to locate the filter in a fairly dry area. The idea here is you want to prevent rain or melting snow from dripping on to the filter material. This could cause the filter to freeze overnight and restrict crankcase breather flow during a morning cold start.

During the day while the engine is running there is normally enough warm air flowing through the filter to keep it dry. So this more a preventive measure for at the end of the day, when powder snow is melting off and then freezing at night.

Bill

B
Dec 22, 2008
gillette wy
thanks for the responses I understand that the roll over valve is the best option and am planning to purchase as funds alow. I was just making sure it would work for a couple of rides if needed.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
That's cool. Budget is budget. I hear that sometimes when selling a new M1100 to a customer, and that's legit......but then I look at the $800 of stuff he is carrying up to the counter that he considers higher priority (the bling bling) and I have to question. Not a lot of additions to a M1100 that are more important than keeping all the oil in the 4s motor and not having a fire on the trail ride out. Especially if you didnt bring the marshmellows lol.

Last edited:
D
Sep 29, 2013
Another option may be evo cold air intake and the rov kit if you got a bit of money to spend not to bad though. My 1100 has that and a straight pipe and I couldn't be happier with the way it sounds and the way it feels.

Premium Features