• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Evo reflash vs hijacker 2.0

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Has anyone tried the Evo 238hp reflash compared to hijacker? Just wondering if the Evo will perform better.

I wouldn't do the hi jacker, even if it was a freebee.

Go with evo. Just read about what people are having to do to their drive trains when adding the extra HP first. There's a lot of that info just on the first few pages of this forum.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
First. If you are hitting the rev limiter it is a clutching issue, not HiJacker issue. Second, the 215 flash is better than the HiJacker jacked high.

Buz

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Vancouver, Wa
I have had great luck with the 2.0. You need to add weight or do the booster flash. there is no reason to hit the rev limiter. I run 20-21 psi and two gallons of race gas 4-8k. 95gram weights.Is it 250hp, no but i'm sure its close to the 230hp. Let it breath.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
After selling a lot of 2.0's in 2012 (as there was no other option) I can tell you the 215 flash is stronger than the BD at elevation. I have done quite a few 215 flashes for guys that ran the HJ and have never had a complaint about power. Just how much smoother it runs, starts better, gets better mileage, etc.

If you want to shoot me a pm I can get you squared away with the over rev issues......and the belt issues.

Buz

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Vancouver, Wa
Do you think is due to the elevation, the 215 works better? Don't flame me here but I didn't see the same results. When comparing to the other guy I ride with we were at 3-5k. He has the 215 evo. I guess what i'm saying is I wound't sell the 2.0 to go to the 215 reflash. Now the other evo products is a different story.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
I realize it's not because of the hijacker that I'm hitting rev limiter. Not sure if it is clutching or not, the rpm seems to settle out, just high at start

The problem is the the piggy backs cannot adjust timing or rev limit. It basically adds boost and fuel. The stock programmed boost/timing curve drops off substantially after 7900. There is no reason for this other than that is how the factory programmed it. The 1100T engine is much happier at 8100 rpms vs 7800. What I mean by this is detonation is less likely at 8100-8500 vs 7800. The rpms where detonation is most prevalent is 7500 to 7800. Unfortunately this is where the stock boost timing curve makes maximum power. At stock boost levels, this is not a problem. Our tune makes maximum power (within a percent or two) from 7800 all the way to 8500. The other reason why people with piggybacks are hitting the rev limit is because if stock clutching is used, the increased power will put you above 8000 rpms which is too close to the stock rev limit. With ours, you can use your stock clutching, spin the motor at 8100-8200 and not change any cluching.

The other features of our flash not mentioned above are: Better, smoother idle, water temp rescaling (prevents the motor from burning down due to overheating by engaging protection maps 20 deg F earlier), removal of the stage 1 cold rev limit (this allows you to pull your sled out of the trailer within 30-45 seconds of starting vs 5 minutes with the factory programming on cold days), knock sensor scaling to 8500 rpms to match the rev limit, etc.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
You can get more with the Multimap, exhaust and turbo intake boot, but it will require 100ll or 110 octane fuel with the stock turbocharger.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Do you think is due to the elevation, the 215 works better? Don't flame me here but I didn't see the same results. When comparing to the other guy I ride with we were at 3-5k. He has the 215 evo. I guess what i'm saying is I wound't sell the 2.0 to go to the 215 reflash. Now the other evo products is a different story.

No flaming here bud lol. Up to 3k we would flash a low elevation tune that is 240hp. After that we do the 215 that is more suited for the 5k +. As you go higher, and boost becomes harder to make for the stock turbo, the ability to make more power with timing and not boost becomes more important. You are kind of in that spot of elevation that it's not a slam dunk. Just like flatland guys that only ride once or twice a year I would recommend the 240 flash regardless of elevation. I have a demo XF HC that I have a 2.0 on, and at home (1800') it works good, but doesn't compare to the 240 flash at the same elevation.

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
How do you get 240 at sealevel out of the stock injectors?
With safe af, injectors where open 24/7 at 225hp. Dynoed at real sealevel with 2.0, 18.6 psi. Is there that much to gain with ign and raised rev?

Daltech

C
Nov 17, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
No flaming here bud lol. Up to 3k we would flash a low elevation tune that is 240hp. After that we do the 215 that is more suited for the 5k +. As you go higher, and boost becomes harder to make for the stock turbo, the ability to make more power with timing and not boost becomes more important. You are kind of in that spot of elevation that it's not a slam dunk. Just like flatland guys that only ride once or twice a year I would recommend the 240 flash regardless of elevation. I have a demo XF HC that I have a 2.0 on, and at home (1800') it works good, but doesn't compare to the 240 flash at the same elevation.

What octane fuel would you run at home(1800') for 240hp? I do most of my riding here but 2-3 trips to mountains

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
How do you get 240 at sealevel out of the stock injectors?
With safe af, injectors where open 24/7 at 225hp. Dynoed at real sealevel with 2.0, 18.6 psi. Is there that much to gain with ign and raised rev?

Daltech

We run 26 lbs on our Big Chute turbo with the stock injectors and a 190l pump at 15ms with safe AFR's

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
We run 26 lbs on our Big Chute turbo with the stock injectors and a 190l pump at 15ms with safe AFR's

How much of a difference does the pump do? Would you be able to run that kind a boost on stock pump?
And I assume we speak pump gas. Atleast that's what I'm talking about.

Daltech

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
The 240 flash is a 93 octane tune. We do a pump upgrade on any BC kit over 250hp, which would be a 93 octane tune on a BC.

I run straight av all the time as it is pretty easy for me to get. I've also had some sleds be more sensitive to octane with the 2.0 so I just play it safe.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
How much of a difference does the pump do? Would you be able to run that kind a boost on stock pump?
And I assume we speak pump gas. Atleast that's what I'm talking about.

Daltech

The stock pump is a 155lph, the pump we use is a 190lph on the race gas tunes. It raises the fuel pressure by about 3-4 psi, but will not give up like the stock pump at high boost levels.

240+ is achievable on the stock pump, stock injectors through tuning the ECU at low elevation on pump fuel.

Premium Features