• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

heading to west yellowstone in Feb, Help me set up my 07 m8

ilovepowder

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2009
Cold Spring mn
stores.ebay.com
Hey I am heading to west Yellowstone on Feb and want to get my sled set up so its ready to go.
Its an 07 m8 with an slp pipe package I just got. I also got a boon docker control box with it and have no clue what to do there.
Also what should my clutching be at primary and secondary. I have heard that stock clutching is way off on the 07 so that's why I ask. What weights and springs should I be running with the slp pipe kit and what should I set the control box to.
I also have a high altitude head ( stock head milled down) that I am contemplating using.
Any advise there would also be helpful.
I bought this sled about a month ago and there is no snow in mn yet so I want to get it ready for West.

F7arcticcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I had the same setup before I added porting to mine. I ran stock springs and helix. I had cutler adjustable weights that I ground down to 68 grams. I would use the stock 68 gram cat weights and you should be fine. Your looking for 8100-8200 RPM's. As far as the boondocker box you can run that sled without one if I remember right. I ran the box at +2 at 7800 and +3 or 4 at 8100. I believe I only added +1 in the mid range.

Premium Features