• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled died wont start NEED HELP!

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
Riding along to day up the trail BAM sled dies like I hit the kill switch. Fired right back up then in pow it started to bog and same BAM died. Wouldn't start for half hour. the it started ran for 40 sec. Off again. Pulled and pulled and pulled. had spark fired up for 1 min. died. No spark after that? CDI MPEM Im at a loss?????

2002 summit 700

Last edited:
G

geetz-123

Aug 11, 2009
Ely MN
You May have Bad Gas or Moisture in the Fuel.....

I had a similiar problem on a 2009 600 HO Summit.....Bogged then shut off ...would not restart for an hour ....started up moved 20 '...hesitated ...shut off ...no restart ...towed off the lake.....returned home added seafoam and 2 gallons of high octane fuel.....started after 20 min....No problems since.....200 miles......Just my experience....Hope it helps....Gary

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
I had a similiar problem on a 2009 600 HO Summit.....Bogged then shut off ...would not restart for an hour ....started up moved 20 '...hesitated ...shut off ...no restart ...towed off the lake.....returned home added seafoam and 2 gallons of high octane fuel.....started after 20 min....No problems since.....200 miles......Just my experience....Hope it helps....Gary

Thanks I'll try it but I am running race fuel and it seems to not have spark and when it dies it just shuts off no bog doesn't putter just dies

Hanging in there
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
somewhere in South East Idaho
unplug the kill switch and see what ya got!! had this happen on my 03,800 and it turned out the kill switch malfunctioned and went bad. worth checking!

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
unplug the kill switch and see what ya got!! had this happen on my 03,800 and it turned out the kill switch malfunctioned and went bad. worth checking!

After you said this I though about it the sled ran fine the I came off a sidehill on to the trail and hit the kill swithch really hard and killed my sled. Not long after that, all this started happening. I pulled the switch today and it had popped the bottom cap off of just slightly and made just the tiniest bad connection put it all back together and she fired up in three pulls. and has been idling for 10 min now with no problem.

The worst in all of this is I also busted my spring in my re-coil so I have been having to clutch start it.s

Last edited:
Premium Features