• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'05 Summit 1000 climbing bog down

W

WFOpen

Feb 17, 2010
I have a stock 1000 X with 162 track and a can and 900 miles on it, stock gearing. Runs really good but when I'm climbing in deeper snow, the RPM's drop from 7800 to 75-7400 and it feels like it's loosing power. We've played with the primary settings before and had postive results but the problem came back last year on a deep snow day. Is there an update I missed?

H
I have a stock 1000 X with 162 track and a can and 900 miles on it, stock gearing. Runs really good but when I'm climbing in deeper snow, the RPM's drop from 7800 to 75-7400 and it feels like it's loosing power. We've played with the primary settings before and had postive results but the problem came back last year on a deep snow day. Is there an update I missed?

On the deep snow days your sled is getting too cold with all the coolers this sled has. If you still have the rear cooler installed you may want to remove it, many people have done this upgrade. The 2006 model came without one....skidoo got that one right. Or you can do a $30 upgrade and put in a thermostat from an 08 XP...very easy to do. Just go to this thread, its very helpful, and has pics. I hope this helps.

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=259144&st=15&p=1999381&fromsearch=1&#entry1999381

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
Cooler needs to go and you need a thermostat then your 1000 will dominate the deep days. Those are the days that this sled is the most fun to ride.

Also at 900 miles check your RAVE valves, if you have not cleaned them then they likely need it. The motor is not very strong and it does not take much to gum them up to the point that the motor will not pull over 6,500 rpms .

TreewellDweller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
McCall, Idaho
Rear cooler needs to go, definately do the thermostat install, clean and "adjust" your rave valves(the cables stretch) and get it reflashed to 07 specs. Apparently they had different fuel curves in 07.
You will feel you are riding a different sled when you are all done. Good luck and hang on!!!!!

Premium Features