• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'06 600 SDI issues

kev_alaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
Anchorage Alaska
Just got the SDI back from the shop last week. It had been running like crap. Shop replaced the TPS and said we were good to go. Ran good for 15 minutes and then got progressively worse. Barely made it back on the trailer. Back to the dealer and was told it was the TPS again.....With the shop charging three times what BOSCH wants for the TPS, I need some other opinions.

The first TPS they replaced is sitting on my desk. from my limited electrical knowledge it looks to be functioning correctly. Goes from 975 ohms resistance to about 1800 smoothly and with no dead spots. Does anyone know if this range is correct for this unit?

Symptoms are running like crap, acts like it has fouled plugs and is running on one cylinder. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

kevin

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
the electrical connections are plentiful on this thing, make sure each one is not dirty and water tight. Make sure all the wires are in good shape. We had water get in the wire housing and cause all sorts of problems, replaced the whole wiring harness and it was good to go......might be a bad wiring harness?

Premium Features