• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pcv...worked for me!!!

W
Feb 27, 2008
just installed pcv on my 09 d8 155.put about 20 miles on it and all the problems i had after the 2010 update are GONE!!!when i got my sled back it had the midrange bog,a tip in hesitation,random backfires and had to hold the throttle to get it to start about half the time.after reading posts about how much people were liking them and talking to dynotech jim i decided to buy one and just like that i have a perfectly running sled.i was optimistic to say the least but the first mod i would suggest to any 800 cfi owner would be the pcv.i know we shouldent HAVE to buy it to get our 800s to run correctly but i would buy it again in a heartbeat!!!big props to dynojet and dynotech jim!!!i ran 8200,8250 all day mostly all swamps(need snow!) up her in alaska.it has made my d8 what i thought it would be when i bought it!

W
Feb 27, 2008
im using the dynotech jim / stoutner 162 horsepower map for the slp pipe setup.and no adjustment needed on the tps.let us know when u get urs on.i think ur gonna be really happy!

S

Slice

Oct 24, 2008
Did you change out clutch weights? If so, what did you change to?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Did you change out clutch weights? If so, what did you change to?

You don't have to change any clutching for the PCV unless you needed changes prior to adding the PCV. The only exception is if the sled was running so bad before that you didn't have a very good bearing on the clutching.

W
Feb 27, 2008
i was riding zero to 1000.as far as the clutching goes i run a carls setup.i changed my my springs,helix and weights to 66s.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I run 8,000-12,000 typically with the occasional 12,000-13,000. Stock clutching seems to work fine with my PCV.

sledcaddie

Premium Member
Feb 11, 2008
Lincoln, NE
power commanders

These products are new to me. What is the difference between PCIII and PCV...just a newer model? So, you get these, hook up the wires and pull the rope? All problems solved? What all is involved with installation? I see on these posts people asking , "which map did you use?" This is just for the CFI mapping, so it would not affect anything with the voltage reg or ECU? You all know alot more than I do on this. I appreciate your input.
Also, if a bad VR takes out the ECU, will it take out the Power Commander too?

Last edited:
C
Dec 27, 2009
Got one on order

Ordered one from SLP, should be here monday. Im running a 09 D8 RMK 155, Hps Can, 1000'elev. It has a nasty midrange but does have top end, although it does seem to be retarding the timing and blowing through fuel with the DET sensor going off. From what ive heard polaris cant meet the EPA standards without having this messed up fuel map, Cat hasent even started to try and meet the new standards so were just at the leading edge of the learning curve, thank you big government for saving me from myself :D sounds like the new map solves the problems, ill find out soon

Premium Features