• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'05 800 starting issues

Hey guys,

I've got an 05 800 HO, and I've got a couple questions. On a warm day, if I forget to loosen the gas cap before shutting the machine off, it takes 20-30 pulls to get it started again. When I do remember to loosen the cap, it starts right away. Also, when the machine is completey cold and you loosen the gas cap, it releases a ton of air and pressure. I'm thinking it's not vented right or something and I was wondering if there was a way to correct the problem.

The guy I bought it from is a sled tech and he says it was just an issue the '05s had because his dad had the same sled and it did the same thing.

I'd really appreciate hearing any advice anyone has. Thanks!

Steph

M
Sep 21, 2002
Edmonton
I had the same problem. I took the blue thing on the vent tube out, I then put a longer hose, looped it to the left, and then to the right, up and down under the seat to the back to prevent spillage no matter how your sled sits.. Works well. The vents are there for emissions and are supposed to release the pressure if it gets too much, Just drilling the blue valve will leak when your nose is pointing down.

Premium Features